AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-30, 13:17   Link #721
Random Wanderer

*shrugs* I don't know. I haven't really felt like there's a lack of emotion in this series. I can't give you evidence or examples or whatnot. It has all simply felt right to me.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:49   Link #722
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
The "Original Seven" is probably a reference to the seven cruisers commissioned by George Washington during the American War of Independence that was the beginning of the American Navy.
Or the Seven Samurai.
/ Seven against Thebes.
/ Battle Beyond the Stars.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 19:29   Link #723
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Basicly listening to the girls here reminds me of listening to NASA astronauts talk while they're on mission.Problem is a lot of people tend to find listening to those conversation boring as hell
Well shows of the space opera trope, and by extension, all of science fiction genre tend to use technical terms since, well, because of science. Also because of this most shows of this genre tend to use realistic elements, like how they talk to one another when on duty in the bridge.

Finding it boring, IMO, is something personal. I actually enjoyed the conversation between Marika and Chiaki.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 20:25   Link #724
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Well shows of the space opera trope, and by extension, all of science fiction genre tend to use technical terms since, well, because of science. Also because of this most shows of this genre tend to use realistic elements, like how they talk to one another when on duty in the bridge.

Finding it boring, IMO, is something personal. I actually enjoyed the conversation between Marika and Chiaki.
Just to make it clear,I don't find it boring at all but can understand why some do.

That comment was more about the impersonal tone than the technical terms used,astronauts are trained to stay calm no matter what,it takes a lot for them to raise their voice.
Old 2012-01-30, 20:44   Link #725
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Just to make it clear,I don't find it boring at all but can understand why some do.

That comment was more about the impersonal tone than the technical terms used,astronauts are trained to stay calm no matter what,it takes a lot for them to raise their voice.
Oh it was? :P
Old 2012-01-30, 22:20   Link #726
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow. I thoroughly enjoyed ep 4. Yep - this kinda stuff is exactly my cup of tea - and it seems regardless of the genre/setting of the story too, so no big surprise, I guess.

8/10 vote from me on ep 4. Plain downright interesting material presented in a nice, slow and immersive pace.

I also noticed the "Celtic'y" music in the background this ep ... hmm ... I wonde rif the other eps had the same thing? Anyhoo I am a big fan of Celtic folk music so that is another plus for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
How many ep is there? At this pace, I don't think Marika would become captain for at least a couple more eps down the road...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
*does bad pirate impersonation*
"Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, matey, there be 26 episodes in this here voyage."
Quote:
....Did "Talk like a Pirate" day got moved?
I was beginning to wonder myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
....It does create a low-key sense of realism, absolutely - it's just that for me the experience is a little flat. If that's not the case for you, that's great.
And here is basically the crux of things imo - this kind of presentation of material is just not his thing. He's not trashing the show outright or anything like that. He is just saying it is not to his liking is all, sorta like Another is for me. I appreciate and see the excellent production values it has, but just doesn't hold my interest. I guess in that sense Enzo is much more patient than I am in comparison.

Last edited by Flower; 2012-01-30 at 22:45.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 11:33   Link #727
klare

so much dialogs... i still believe girls should not wear short skirts and float around in spaceship, except in anime of course

anyway, i feel they took it too easy, Kane and Misa should be worry unless they themselves are the culprit
Old 2012-02-01, 17:57   Link #728
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

For whatever reason I felt my interest swing up a little in episode 4 than I did in previous episodes.

This show so far portrays some of the weaknesses of a light novel adaption indeed. Light novels have tons of details about the character's inner thoughts, what essentially gets the reader to connect with their character, but if you portray the events flat lined as is in anime format, where you can't give these sorts of inner monologues or paragraphs of detail, you lose out on a lot of detail.

Fate/Zero is an example of them trying to cram in all the detail, and while that worked for some, others got annoyed by the heavy dialogue content. This seems to be a bit of the opposite extreme, where we get very little of it. It's a bit of damned if he don't, damned if you do. This is the difficulty of adaptions. Just how much can you translate the content 1-1 in themes and presentation, without losing the audience or the spirit of the source material? It's a difficult balance that few ever get right.

Personally I think Moretsu Pirates is doing an alright job so far, it just has felt a little tedious at points in the previous episodes due to the nature of light novel adaptions. I presume once we get more into the thick of things is when some more interest will kick into the series. However, if that never does happen then I say this is a bit of the director's fault for not doing enough to engage the audience. Directors can make all the difference in adaptions, Steins;Gate would not have been nearly as good without its great directing which kept the audience engaged. Moretsu Pirates could hope to improve on that front.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 08:23   Link #729
JediNight
キズランダム

Just found this news article if anyone was balking at the spacesuit designs they're using in Mouretsu. Look somewhat familiar?

http://www.txchnologist.com/2012/nex...ew-accessories
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 15:18   Link #730
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, it's hard to find that balance between detail and action in almost any anime and very few tend to get it down just right in a way that most people would agree is right.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 18:36   Link #731
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype:
Old 2012-02-03, 18:43   Link #732
Midonin
Last Engage

It's in ancillary media, but there we go.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 18:44   Link #733
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype:
Is it just me, or does Marika's head look a little bigger than it should be? Dat bootie, though.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 19:18   Link #734
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not very dignified for a Space Pirate.
Old 2012-02-03, 19:30   Link #735
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype:
Ahh Chiaki-chan, my Dark Queen. Keeping your composure while free floating in your form fitting suit with leg pockets while playing with your pulled back hair.

Endless "Yes, my Queen" Soul.
Old 2012-02-03, 20:33   Link #736
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not very dignified for a Space Pirate.
That's not a prerequisite to space piracy.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 20:35   Link #737
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
That's not a prerequisite to space piracy.
WTH?!? Female Space Privateers are supposed to be sexy. >:-D
Old 2012-02-03, 20:47   Link #738
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
WTH?!? Female Space Privateers are supposed to be sexy. >:-D
Sexy, yes. Floating around in zero-g in just underwear - with the ass hanging way up? Also yes. Is that a dignified position? Nope. But, so what. Me like.

In other words, being "dignified" is not necessarily a prerequisite to being a space pirate. Just to be clear here.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 10:58   Link #739
justpassingby

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Eh!? Eeeh!? Eeeeeehh!?:

Edit: For those who are interested in hearing Katou Marika's Image song "Black Holy", you can hear it here [NicoNico] (Start around 14:56)
Last week she said the song will probably be used as guest ED. She went for PV shooting last Thursday [Link] [Link]

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-02-04 at 13:34.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 11:49   Link #740
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Floating around in zero-g in just underwear - with the ass hanging way up?
Well, if this is zero-g ... define up.

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri