AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-12-30, 18:14   Link #9281
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Suh's suspension has been rescinded and reduced to a 70k fine....

Really....really....
Old 2014-12-30, 18:30   Link #9282
GDB

Pretty stupid ruling, but whatever. NFL gonna NFL.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 19:20   Link #9283
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Bad controversy is traded for the chance of ratings which makes the wheels of money goes around. It isn't that they condone it, but the NFL have too much greed. Its a playoff game, it would be an easy game to call who wins if Suh doesn't play.

In other news, the Senior Bowl coaches has been announced. The Jaguars will coach the South Team while the Titans will coach the North. Really bewildered as to why the Buccaneers did not want to coach. Anyhow, its going to be entertaining to watch.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 20:58   Link #9284
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The MSU/Baylor game took years off my life. I can't believe that comeback Go Green!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 23:10   Link #9285
VTHokiePride

I had so much hope for FSU to make the game against Oregon interesting. You can't win football games by turning over the football 5 times. Oregon got touchdowns on all 5 of them and made that stop on 4th and goal.
Old 2015-01-03, 23:25   Link #9286
GDB

Woo! Ravens knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs! And the stadium is completely silent.

Ben and Heath clearly got concussed in the 4th and they came back into the game anyway, and their concussions showed.
Old 2015-01-04, 05:50   Link #9287
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Also the first time Baltimore has beaten Pittsburgh in the playoffs, from what the NBC commentators said?

Very strong performance on defence for the Ravens and Bell injured for the Steelers on top of the in-game concussions and patchwork defense that was due to give way. I was convinced well before this started Batlimore would win.

And Carolina take out Arizona. The perfect storm came at the worst time for the Cardinals. Getting sent to your 3rd string QB at the business end would derail just about anybody. It did take them all season but their rebuilding eventually re-established their defense. Now they just need some proper threats on offense.

I guess Indy will beat Cincy tomorrow but Dallas beating Detroit is the only result I want.
Old 2015-01-04, 10:27   Link #9288
GDB

Yeah, the Indy vs Cincy game probably won't even be a contest. If it's closer than the Carolina vs Arizona game I'd be shocked.
Old 2015-01-04, 19:57   Link #9289
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It certainly wasn't with AJ Green out.

Dallas v Detroit was the only close one all weekend. Great 2nd half rally by Dallas. They left it late but they led when it mattered most. The one team I wanted knocked out has been. You won't be missed, Detroit.
Old 2015-01-04, 20:42   Link #9290
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Really starting to feel for Calvin Johnson, he was one of the few players I feel should get a ring. Don't feel like the Lions will be getting there anytime soon.
Old 2015-01-04, 22:43   Link #9291
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Really starting to feel for Calvin Johnson, he was one of the few players I feel should get a ring. Don't feel like the Lions will be getting there anytime soon.
If Suh's press conference after that game is anything to go by, it's feeling more likely Suh has played his last game for Detroit. If so, the loss of even a player as underhanded as him would hurt them.
Old 2015-01-05, 04:45   Link #9292
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

The Broncos may have "lucked" their way into the Super Bowl, seeing that Ravens @ Pats and we have Colts.
Old 2015-01-05, 09:29   Link #9293
GDB

At the very least, they have an easy road to the AFC Championship. But I wouldn't call it a guaranteed win either, since Peyton's been playing like crap for the past 4-6 weeks.
Old 2015-01-05, 11:42   Link #9294
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
At the very least, they have an easy road to the AFC Championship. But I wouldn't call it a guaranteed win either, since Peyton's been playing like crap for the past 4-6 weeks.
Not to mention Andrew Luck just has a knack of pulling off crazy comebacks. If Indy could just get their run game going, they could finally reach the top echelon again. Although the imminent retirement of Reggie Wayne leaves some big shoes to fill.
Old 2015-01-05, 11:58   Link #9295
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Not to mention Andrew Luck just has a knack of pulling off crazy comebacks. If Indy could just get their run game going, they could finally reach the top echelon again. Although the imminent retirement of Reggie Wayne leaves some big shoes to fill.
T.Y Hiton has emerge as the better receiver. For the last few years, many criticize the Colt's organization for not providing enough weapons. I suspect they are drafting a receiver in the first two rounds this season.

Be as it may, the Colts have Luck shoulder the burden a lot. Aside from Luck being the offense, defense is where the main concern is.
Old 2015-01-05, 13:02   Link #9296
GDB

Montcrief will fill in Wayne's roll when combined with additional looks for Fleener.

That said, I do agree that they'll likely draft a WR this year within the first two days of the draft. Hicks isn't worth a damn, Wayne is close to retirement if he doesn't by then, and Hilton + two TEs can only go so far.
Old 2015-01-05, 13:24   Link #9297
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

You know, concerning the Bengals with Dalton. When will they change the QB, you are not going far with Dalton in the playoffs in my opinion. I think this is the 3rd year in a row, where the Bengals have an awfully stacked roster full of talent yet can't get pass the playoffs.
Old 2015-01-05, 15:03   Link #9298
GDB

Well, they just extended his contract in August for another 6 years, so...
Old 2015-01-05, 16:26   Link #9299
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Looks like the Bengals has a slim chance to win a Superbowl Ring in the next 6 years.
Old 2015-01-05, 18:03   Link #9300
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Dallas v Detroit was the only close one all weekend. Great 2nd half rally by Dallas. They left it late but they led when it mattered most. The one team I wanted knocked out has been. You won't be missed, Detroit.
Feel free to send the refs with your personal praise then, though you want want to send it to Jerry Jone's party bus.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports