AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-02, 03:21   Link #1
setsuna86

World Teacher - Other World Educator & Agent (WN)

Original Title: ワールド・ティーチャー -異世界式教育エージェント
Alternative Title: World Teacher - Other World Educator & Agent
Author: Neko Koichi ( ネコ光一)
Link: Here
Trans: Defiring and baka-tsuki (note that posted on BT are Defiring's translations)

Sypnosis (taken from Baka Tsuki)
Quote:
A man who was once called the world’s strongest agent ended up becoming a teacher after his retirement, to train a new generation of agents. After many years of training his disciples, he was killed at the age of 60 by a secret organization's ruse and was reincarnated in another world with his memories intact.
Though he was surprised by the existence of magic and the strange species in that world, he quickly adapted to his condition as a newborn and took advantage of it. He acquired special magic and gained a massive amount of strength thanks to his rigorous discipline, in order to reach his goal: Resume his career as a teacher which he left halfway through in his previous life.
This is the story of a man, who, based on the memories and the experiences of his previous life, became a teacher who travels through the world with his students.
I hope that there wasn't already a thread for this. And if so, I'm surprised since this WN is really interesting and already have a few chapters translated.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 03:26   Link #2
Ghiest Cid

This is good and interesting . He has lots of use of previous life assets.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 04:08   Link #3
nero12

Just started reading the WN yesterday and I must say that considering the amount of Reincarnation stories out there this one still definitely feels fresh and very interesting.
I'll answer the usual WN questions too i guess...(note that i've read 2 WN volumes uptil now)
Is the MC OP?
Spoiler:

Is it a harem?
Spoiler:
Old 2015-02-02, 04:17   Link #4
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
Just started reading the WN yesterday and I must say that considering the amount of Reincarnation stories out there this one still definitely feels fresh and very interesting.
I'll answer the usual WN questions too i guess...(note that i've read 2 WN volumes uptil now)
Is the MC OP?
Spoiler:

Is it a harem?
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ....:
Old 2015-02-02, 04:25   Link #5
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Is the MC OP?
Not to mention,
Spoiler:
Old 2015-02-02, 04:53   Link #6
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
Is the MC OP?
Spoiler:

Is it a harem?
Spoiler:

Spoiler for harem:
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 06:01   Link #7
vivaldi_in_tropical

he got three fiance already ? what about the household ? did they disband ? because it's a waste to throw those parent character....
vivaldi_in_tropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 06:10   Link #8
wuhugm
Confused Shark

his harem is his students?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 06:40   Link #9
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
He always teach everyone he meet (if they need to) even an old man.
Old 2015-02-02, 07:58   Link #10
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^so everyone is his student.... no, that's not what I'm asking. In the summary it is stated that he "became a teacher who travels through the world with his students", so there are special students that accompanying him, is the harem part of that group or not?
Old 2015-02-02, 07:59   Link #11
vivaldi_in_tropical

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
hahaha since when it's not allowed to love your student or loli or something like loli ?
vivaldi_in_tropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 11:10   Link #12
Tenzen12

So protagonist is op hmmm...

1)Is he wishfullfiment protagonist? Has he any flaw of significance?
2)Does he has any character development?
3)Is among his student someone interesting?
Old 2015-02-02, 11:20   Link #13
laclongquan

It's stalled at chapter 10 for the moment~
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 11:41   Link #14
HandofFate

Another standard question I'm having with these stories is:

"How humble is he?"

I started getting really annoyed at these MCs that make every effort to hide their accomplishments. I get that getting too much attention can be trouble, but its excessive how much some MCs go for it.

I think its for this reason that Mushoku Tensei and Sayonara Ryuusei are my favorite right now. They don't go out of their way to hide attention or seek it either. They have power and they use it in the open when they have to, and get credit for it.
Old 2015-02-02, 12:03   Link #15
VooXoo

You should love Arifureta then, even if that one doesn't have reincarnation.
He fought the strongest wizard and swordman and won, I don't think a adult with that title would pick a fight with a young boy, or he challenged them to prove himself or maybe the strongest guys are even the baddest.
From the TL out until now seems like he is hiding his strenght for not making people think of him as a abnormal, he tried all he could and his "family" already understood he is strange.
We will understand if he is modest or not more forward in the story.
And Dran of sayonara is not exactly modest but he do hold back A LOT.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 12:34   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Another standard question I'm having with these stories is:

"How humble is he?"

I started getting really annoyed at these MCs that make every effort to hide their accomplishments. I get that getting too much attention can be trouble, but its excessive how much some MCs go for it.

I think its for this reason that Mushoku Tensei and Sayonara Ryuusei are my favorite right now. They don't go out of their way to hide attention or seek it either. They have power and they use it in the open when they have to, and get credit for it.
Well, with Mushoku Tensei, there's the fact that Rudy is barely top tiers of the world, and not overwhelming OP like these heroes.
I think that helps a lot in MT's favor. Also, Mago no te is an excellent writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
You should love Arifureta then, even if that one doesn't have reincarnation.
Well, sure, he's a no-f*cks-given hero, but it comes at the price of having to put up with edgy & arrogant asshat being the protagonist. So I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So protagonist is op hmmm...

1)Is he wishfullfiment protagonist? Has he any flaw of significance?
2)Does he has any character development?
3)Is among his student someone interesting?
1) He's pretty much flawless. He was a beloved sensei to many in his life, and died a wise and caring person.
I'm not sure about wish-fulfillment though, he's too sage-like to be really relateable.
2) Some, but not too much. The guy is pretty complete from the get-go, being a 60 something year old man who's done it all.
3) They are somewhat interesting, but so far there's a fair amount of "omfg our teacher is awesome" worshipping being their central characteristics. Anyone who found that annoying in Mahouka will likely be as annoyed in this.

I'm somewhat enjoying this series so far, but it has a good chance of being dropped once I find it boring.
I certainly wouldn't consider it one of the better series on Narou, but it's not terribad either.
"mediocre but enjoyable" would be my impression.

Last edited by aohige; 2015-02-02 at 12:44.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 12:35   Link #17
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
And Dran of sayonara is not exactly modest but he do hold back A LOT.
^You want the 3rd dimension to collapse? Cause that's how you make the 3rd dimension to collapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by laclongquan View Post
It's stalled at chapter 10 for the moment~
Last update is still just half a month ago, so not really stalled per se

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, with Mushoku Tensei, there's the fact that Rudy is barely top tiers of the world, and not overwhelming OP like these heroes.
Nah... he's just too inexperienced compared to 7 great world powers
Old 2015-02-02, 13:28   Link #18
Tenzen12

Quote:
1) He's pretty much flawless. He was a beloved sensei to many in his life, and died a wise and caring person.
I'm not sure about wish-fulfillment though, he's too sage-like to be really relateable.
2) Some, but not too much. The guy is pretty complete from the get-go, being a 60 something year old man who's done it all.
3) They are somewhat interesting, but so far there's a fair amount of "omfg our teacher is awesome" worshipping being their central characteristics. Anyone who found that annoying in Mahouka will likely be as annoyed in this.

I'm somewhat enjoying this series so far, but it has a good chance of being dropped once I find it boring.
I certainly wouldn't consider it one of the better series on Narou, but it's not terribad either.
"mediocre but enjoyable" would be my impression.
Thank you. Guess I will pass on this one.
Old 2015-02-02, 13:33   Link #19
HandofFate

Quote:

Well, sure, he's a no-f*cks-given hero, but it comes at the price of having to put up with edgy & arrogant asshat being the protagonist. So I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Yea, Arf. has the other pet peeve of mine.
The self-insert bitter kid that got bullied getting revenge on his bullies fantasy.
Old 2015-02-02, 15:45   Link #20
Dart-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Yea, Arf. has the other pet peeve of mine.
The self-insert bitter kid that got bullied getting revenge on his bullies fantasy.
getting revenge?? thats another novel altogether. cant remember the name right now.
Dart-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
masturbation aid, reincarnation, webnovel