AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 3 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 23.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-25, 01:04   Link #41
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
If it's any consolation, I know about B'z from Detective Conan. It's an amazing group and even though its time may have passed, it is in no way forgotten.
Their style of music has past their prime for this generations and not many Asian bands can say they sold over 85 million records. BoyZ II Men would be laughed around as "thirsty kids" if they were to sing in this current generation. The stuff you grew up with will probably end up like that one day and you'll be salty too
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 01:25   Link #42
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
The stuff you grew up with will probably end up like that one day and you'll be salty too
Most of the stuff I listen to now are doujin circles that sell CDs at Comiket. A couple of them have made it big like Kishida Kyoudan &THE Akeboshi Rockets, thanks to anime, but too many have stopped releasing new songs. No thanks to cheapskates like me who don't purchase the originals >.>
Old 2016-09-25, 04:32   Link #43
Kakurin
大佐

Well, the season ended in a mixed bag. After reaching the high point with episode 11 it went downhill. While it wasn't really bad it also left much on the table, with none of the final two episodes being particularly noteworthy. Also, count me in the camp of those who found the theatre-style recap to be jarring. It dragged on far too long and (together with the live performance, was overly cheesy).

Oh by the way, in case people haven't noticed, the seiyū of Chika's mother is Kugimiya Rie.
Old 2016-09-25, 08:37   Link #44
AntonKutovoi

It was an OK ending. Overall, LLS was a solid series, but not particulary memorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Oh by the way, in case people haven't noticed, the seiyū of Chika's mother is Kugimiya Rie.
Can we just form an idol unit with moms from the series?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 10:29   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Excellent live performance with fantastic costumes. Definitely my favorite Aqours costumes. These are pretty much the reasons why I'm giving this episode 9/10.

As for everything else in the episode - Very mixed feelings. While Love Live has always had a magical realism aspect to it, I seriously wonder if this recap took it too far.
Old 2016-09-25, 11:17   Link #46
Ernietheracefan

Chika's mom & sisters are Yua, Amu, & Ran. While Riko's mom is Utau..

Looks like Aki Toyosaki, Ryoka Yuzuki & Saeko Chiba will be invited by Sunrise, Lantis, & Dengeki trio (fortunately Yuuichi Nakamura wouldn't invited for obvious reason)..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 12:07   Link #47
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I was laughing SO hard at Shiitake with glowing sticks cheering for the group. Easily the best moment of the season. Really liked the moment when the arena lit up in blue light too.

Also they have the cutest class mates.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 14:33   Link #48
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post

She took the "running free" too literally.

And this is why You is best girl.

(Yes. These last two episodes have shifted You back to the top of my list of Sunshine girls.)
Old 2016-09-25, 15:00   Link #49
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

(Yes. These last two episodes have shifted You back to the top of my list of Sunshine girls.)
If You wore glasses more often (Seriously, would it kill an Idol anime to have a full time glasses girl besides Ritsuko?!) she'd probably be in my top 4/5, but with the little character development she has I cant justify putting her over Chika/Riko/Dia for myself.
Old 2016-09-25, 15:07   Link #50
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I was laughing SO hard at Shiitake with glowing sticks cheering for the group. Easily the best moment of the season. Really liked the moment when the arena lit up in blue light too.
I'm surprised the Dome allows pets. I guess Shiitake was your token male character.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 15:24   Link #51
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm surprised the Dome allows pets. I guess Shiitake was your token male character.
It isn't that much of a surprise since SS has emphasized on silliness since the beginning. I would have never imagine that the strict LL event would even allow schools to perform recap skits.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 16:24   Link #52
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:

Not surprising!
You is kinda more similar to Honoka. Like especially the part where her dad is a cook. I bet he's badass like Honoka's dad, and we'll get a shot of him leaking a tear at the end of season 2.
Also the part where she nearly falls out the window for a uniform. Honoka would do the same for bread, no? I feel like that must have happened at one point off screen cause Kotori and Umi are like her parents away from home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
If You wore glasses more often (Seriously, would it kill an Idol anime to have a full time glasses girl besides Ritsuko?!) she'd probably be in my top 4/5, but with the little character development she has I cant justify putting her over Chika/Riko/Dia for myself.
Character development isn't everything :'D
Content matters too~
But yeah, more glasses. And shouldn't You have prescription goggles? That would solve the issue of glasses flying everywhere. Moe would go down a couple notches, but she's the costume designer, she'll figure something out
_____

I suppose it'll all be explained next time, disqualifications and all. Maybe they prioritized saving the school over winning Love Live. Even if Chika didn't run out the building, were they allowed to blatantly promote their school like that?
The whole deal kind of reminded me the ending of Free season 1
Spoiler for ending of Free season 1:
Old 2016-09-25, 18:00   Link #53
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
It isn't that much of a surprise since SS has emphasized on silliness since the beginning. I would have never imagine that the strict LL event would even allow schools to perform recap skits.
Shout out to the Akiba Dome for being so open and progressive #AkibaDome #FreeShiitake
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 19:41   Link #54
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Not surprising!
You is kinda more similar to Honoka. Like especially the part where her dad is a cook. I bet he's badass like Honoka's dad, and we'll get a shot of him leaking a tear at the end of season 2.
Also the part where she nearly falls out the window for a uniform. Honoka would do the same for bread, no? I feel like that must have happened at one point off screen cause Kotori and Umi are like her parents away from home.
Those are very good points, honestly.

My dream conception of You was her being like a blend of Honoka and Madoka Magica's Sayaka Miki. And You actually did come pretty close to that over this 1st season as a whole!
Old 2016-09-25, 20:08   Link #55
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Quote:
Character development isn't everything :'D
Content matters too~
I know, but it matters to me more than others :x.

That said, I just don't understand the appeal behind You, or I do and she just doesn't appeal to me like she does others.
Old 2016-09-25, 20:19   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I know, but it matters to me more than others :x.

That said, I just don't understand the appeal behind You, or I do and she just doesn't appeal to me like she does others.
Good reliable friend, even if slightly pushy. Practical-minded but fun-loving. Good sense of style. Has greater inner passion than what you might expect (going by Episode 11). Military otakuism is there but played subtlety. Talented diver and costume-designer. She cares about her family and respects her parents.

There's a lot to like, in my view. Someone might say she's not flawed enough, but I think Episode 11 shows that she has certain vulnerabilities that makes her easier to truly care about.
Old 2016-09-26, 02:09   Link #57
chaos_animagic

personally, I actually sorta liked the recap thing... it looked really fun on the way they act through it, lol.

also, Loli Mom FTW?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 03:45   Link #58
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Moms with top-tier voice. RIP Sunrise Budget.

My guess for Mama Takami the English dub would be Hilary Haag or Tia Ballard.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 11:26   Link #59
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Quote:
Good reliable friend, even if slightly pushy. Practical-minded but fun-loving. Good sense of style. Has greater inner passion than what you might expect (going by Episode 11). Military otakuism is there but played subtlety. Talented diver and costume-designer. She cares about her family and respects her parents.

There's a lot to like, in my view. Someone might say she's not flawed enough, but I think Episode 11 shows that she has certain vulnerabilities that makes her easier to truly care about.
Yep, that's mostly all of what I figured. I guess its the latter after all and she just doesn't click with me like she does with other people just based on good traits alone. (Perhaps its too many good traits without a strong enough flaw to compensate that puts me off).

Still won't stop me from shipping the true OT3 despite me preferring only ChikaRiko though! Speaking of...

Images
Safe images from slightly NSFW doujin
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That said, its hard to bump somebody up on my favorites just like that when I have an inherent dislike for popularity as it is. (That's why Chika is and will probably be my favorite until Aqours isn't a thing anymore, because I can like her for all of her good traits and flaws despite being unpopular (for mostly the wrong reasons))
Old 2016-09-26, 11:43   Link #60
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
That said, its hard to bump somebody up on my favorites just like that when I have an inherent dislike for popularity as it is.
That was basically me with Maki until I watched the anime and started shipping Nozomaki