AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 01:40   Link #101
Reiatsu

Personally i dont particularly like Naruto anymore, i keep watching it because i started on the series and i dont like to drop series in the middle of it. I cant really understand why it keeps mesmerizing people so much, the series starts out quite good, but over a years worth of fillers has ruined the series completly.

Furthermore there is no variation, always the same plots, same fights, always rasengan, or 2 million clones move (that never works i might add), each characters signaturemoves never work against powerful enemies, the seires could do with more "real" fighting, taijutsi fights with special moves mixed into it, but as it stands, the fights consists only of exchanigng special moves that are 'barely' dodged etc. gets boring and easy to predict after a while.

The series started out great, and the early episodes grabs the attention of the people that watch it, but i would dare to say that the majority thats followed the series to its current animeepisodes just watch it because they, like me, dont like to drop a series they started to watch and followed for so long. And somewhere deep down inside, hope that it will shape up, altho i have lost hope.
Reiatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:17   Link #102
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiatsu View Post
Personally i dont particularly like Naruto anymore, i keep watching it because i started on the series and i dont like to drop series in the middle of it. I cant really understand why it keeps mesmerizing people so much, the series starts out quite good, but over a years worth of fillers has ruined the series completly.

Furthermore there is no variation, always the same plots, same fights, always rasengan, or 2 million clones move (that never works i might add), each characters signaturemoves never work against powerful enemies, the seires could do with more "real" fighting, taijutsi fights with special moves mixed into it, but as it stands, the fights consists only of exchanigng special moves that are 'barely' dodged etc. gets boring and easy to predict after a while.

The series started out great, and the early episodes grabs the attention of the people that watch it, but i would dare to say that the majority thats followed the series to its current animeepisodes just watch it because they, like me, dont like to drop a series they started to watch and followed for so long. And somewhere deep down inside, hope that it will shape up, altho i have lost hope.
I haven't been watching the fillers. The show is still fine with me.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:32   Link #103
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiatsu View Post
Personally i dont particularly like Naruto anymore, i keep watching it because i started on the series and i dont like to drop series in the middle of it.
I am going to assume that you do not read the Manga so yea that could be a big reason, trust me those of us that do can't wait till part II starts. None the less, I kind of get the vibe that you think it is the same animation team, and the same person writing the filler episode. I could be wrong, but just in case I'm right, the fillers are not by the same people, meaning Kishimoto and Co (the writer of the Naruto Manga). Its repetitive Nature is most likely because the filler writers are not exactly allowed to give the main characters, new jutsu's or anything that would clash with the Manga later on.

Lucky for you (and every other Naruto fan out there, including my self), the fillers are ending. The last episode of this Arc is 219, and it is highly believed that 220 will contain none filler material by the Manga fans of Naruto (so I would definitely suggest you watch that) and episode 1 of Naruto Shippuden will start Feb 15th. So yea, think about it like this the "Real Naruto" show stopped a long time ago, and now it is getting back to its original state, better animation, new characters, way better plots, new jutsu’s, new enemies, basically new none filler stuff. (If my memory serves me correctly the fillers started after episode 135).

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-01-14 at 19:27.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:54   Link #104
Numinous_Pulchritude
...take my breath away...

Why do [you] enjoy watching Naruto?

Why do you all like Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden?

Is it because Kakashi and Gaara are crazy sexy? xD

What's your reason?
Numinous_Pulchritude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:26   Link #105
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Here's my take about Naruto's popularity...

1) Although there's nothing new about the concept for this anime, i.e. the bottom line objective is still fight, fight, fight, get stronger and beat bosses outline, it is based on an entirely new world that's unseen before. The jutsus, the councils, the way their world works and how ppl live, all are new and the way Naruto's world works has been structured in great detail.

2) Character art is another important factor. The drawing is different, features are rounded but distinct. I don't know how many have noticed but I realized after watching tonnes of animes, this one in particular has a very distinct coloration... in terms of the anime.... and I think that only helped to make the manga more popular

3) Characters have a serious and intense emotional tone about them and I have yet to see an anime with sooo many characters that have a deep past about each character.... This means that everybody can relate and quickly be attached to a certain character in Naruto being given such a wide variety of choice

4) The fight scenes are believable but not too extreme to the point it doesn't make any sense. Neither character is invincible and each one has an equalizing weakness to factor it out.

But I suppose that's only from my viewpoint. Perhaps they just have a damn good advertizing exercise.... lol
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 14:26   Link #106
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

Quote:
when it comes to Naruto we tend to throw our maturity to the side for a minute
i guess here's your answer. u know it's like magic, lures u in, & u keep on wanting to go back to childhood. + in shippuden they are about 16, so not exactly kids anymore + even though i new they were 12 in the begining, they sure didnt look like it, it's hard to tell for me in anime

Quote:
Is it because Kakashi and Gaara are crazy sexy?
YES! Sasu looks like a stripper though ~_~
^_Usagi_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:17   Link #107
KyuubiRocks
What?!

I think it has something to do with the music as well...i mean
i'd hear the "strong and strike" music and i'd be in the Kakashi
chidori possition making a fool of myself..and really get into it..lol
It has a really good sound track..and the characters all have faults that i
can relate to.. To be honest i really can't put my finger on it...lol
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:22   Link #108
quater
Kazekage Q

^That's what makes it good.

You can really get into it and somewhat relate to it. It has intense action I mean who doesn't want to be a ninja?
quater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:31   Link #109
BlackShinobi07

I think the popularity of the anime may decline just a bit due to Shippudens horrendouce pacing and lack of fast paced action like what was seen in part one. With shippudens current animation and pacing, can we ever expect another Rock Lee/Gaara or Sasuke/Naruto type of fight agian?

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-07-23 at 22:58.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 08:16   Link #110
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
I think the popularity of the anime may decline just a bit due to Shippudens horrendouce pacing and lack of fast paced action like what was seen in part one. With shippudens current animation and pacing, can we ever expect another Rock Lee/Gaara or Sasuke/Naruto type of fight agian?
Here's what I do to counter this... download like 10 and then watch it all at one go... if you've been following the manga, you should be able to hold out for 10 eps....
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 08:20   Link #111
Sasuke_Bateman
No

It's all because of Sasuke.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 09:20   Link #112
razor886
Blood Angel

lol most of my friends or maybe all (including me) hate sasuke His brother is cool though ^^
razor886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 09:30   Link #113
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Love him or hate, you read the manga because of him, you watch the anime just to hate on him.

Sasuke makes the world go round.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 09:34   Link #114
razor886
Blood Angel

Spoiler for Reply - Manga:
razor886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 02:12   Link #115
kaisabi
The Angel of Death

it may be popular becase u have a bit of drama,action,and fantasy
and some ppl like ninjas and the jutsus they use
kaisabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 03:11   Link #116
Dwolfwood
GUNSLINGING PREACHER MAN

the reason why naruto is so popular is because its a very unique story pattern, usually most stories basic patterns like "hero starts a long journey beats up all the bad guys saves his friend and get the girl just in time for breakfast" but this story has so many elements and how everything meshes together like the past and future and how little periods in some stories would be insignificant but in this story would make various impacts through out certain events and i love how they feature multiple characters to headline the story and making predicting where its going is pretty much impossible. And the generational gaps and bonds are showed between the new and old school the death,birth and continuation of traditions that ripple through the whole story to make it feel alive and allow to open the possibles of the direction of where everything his headed
Dwolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 03:33   Link #117
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous_Pulchritude View Post

Is it because Kakashi and Gaara are crazy sexy? xD

Amen to that sister
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 06:31   Link #118
aedai
*3*

Send a message via AIM to aedai Send a message via MSN to aedai Send a message via Yahoo to aedai
cos sasuke gives some awesome butt secks
XD
aedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 07:47   Link #119
Hir0

lol should the thread be call "Why was Naruto so popular?" : P

lol nah its still good in many ways, a funny main character + a sad background hit it for me. couple of sad scenes touched me, looking forward to see new stuff Kishi comes up with
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 15:56   Link #120
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
It's because it presents something new. Something unexpected, unmatched by other cartoons. You no longer have those long fights where the hero seems invincible, he also has weakness and suffering. He is the kind of guy that has to prove himself and resist temptation and fight his emotional and physical problems. ALso the show is no longer the kind where you can expect what will happen, but rather the kind of stuff that leaves you with a grin of surprize of your face.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote