Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-27, 23:20   Link #1
Rizzler
Banned

sokyu no fafner VS gundam Seed

hello anyone watched gundam seed and sokyu no fafner ? well those 2 animes are disturbing.. just look at the pictures below. dont anyone more then i se a reseblense? it's like the fafner boy is a clone of azuran except then hair color. that was the absolut first hing i noticed 03:20 into fafner episode one.

<--- azuran || fafner dude--->
Old 2004-07-27, 23:31   Link #2
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Iono. I'd say that Fafner's uncanny resemblance is actually to that of Eva. Both feature insanely similar beginnings (granted, I've only seen 1.5 episodes so far). Check out the suits they're wearing at the end, that's undoubtedly the work of Eva. (along with the whole plot, father-son-relationship, evil indomitable presumably-alien enemy, psychic abilities which physically tap the host, the melee-fight (where's our weapons!?!) start, the suddenly look-the-main-character-is-incredibly-compatible-with-the-mecha realization, the Rei look-alike with the ill/injured girl at the beginning, plus a host of other similarities that leave no doubt that Xebec is hot on Geneon's tails to produce their very own Eva clone. wow that was a long rant...
Old 2004-07-27, 23:49   Link #3
Rizzler
Banned

hehe yes im with you on that one but it was about how the fafner dude *cant remember hes name* and azuran zara resebels each othe in looks's and aperence
Old 2004-07-27, 23:58   Link #4
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Same character designer, his(?) previous works included Scryed which also had some resemblances to Gundam Seed. Don't think it's that big a deal though.
Old 2004-07-28, 01:21   Link #5
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

The Fafner discussions on other boards around the world have all come to one generalisation (which is amazingly quite true) of Fafner.

Put Gundam Seed characters into an Evangelion-type setting, throw in some Gundam-nesque & Eva weaponry, wah la!!! Fafner!!!
Old 2004-07-28, 02:19   Link #6
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well maybe the next series will be with evangelion characters wouldnt that be awesome ?? REI in CG animation art series
Old 2004-07-28, 03:11   Link #7
Secca
nya`
*Artist

The resemblance is not only on Fafner and Gundam Seed, I think that is his drawing style. This is his previous work on Scryed before Gundam Seed:
Spoiler for Hisashi Hirai work in Scryed:
Old 2004-07-28, 03:56   Link #8
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol, that last pic of Sherrice (???) is indeed disturbing

At least he has invented some new "bars on face" in Fafner... =.=b

About Fafner being an EVA clone... I'm not so sure... so far I think it's more like a conglomeration of various different mecha animes... something like eva + nadesico + rahxephon + stellvia + ryvius + gundam... at least the characters and plot progression seems to be quite different so far... And the weaponry reminds me more of Gundam/Stellvia than Eva...
Old 2004-07-28, 04:01   Link #9
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
lol, that last pic of Sherrice (???) is indeed disturbing

At least he has invented some "bars on face" in Fafner... =.=b
Lol if you look at the the pictures of the girls on the top, their hairstyle is the prototype of Kazuki and Soushi.

Sherrice hairstyle and make it longer, change the hair color, take out the boobs, and there you go you have Soushi. ^^;;

I don't even need to explain Kazuki/Athrun resemblence to this girl. ^^

edit... lol no wait Soushi has boobs too XD
Old 2004-07-28, 04:22   Link #10
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
so far I think it's more like a conglomeration of various different mecha animes... something like eva + nadesico + rahxephon + stellvia + ryvius + gundam... at least the characters and plot progression seems to be quite different so far... And the weaponry reminds me more of Gundam/Stellvia than Eva...
Waaaitt. I have a couple episodes of Stellvia which I haven't bothered to watch (other than the first one). There are mecha and weapons in Stellvia? I found it somewhat lackluster at first, so it's on hiatus. Anyone recommend I pick it back up?
Back on Topic: I suppose there is a lot of stuff it has in common with other series, but I feel the backbone has been plucked straight out of Eva.
Old 2004-07-28, 05:14   Link #11
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yup, there's mecha in Stellvia, it's been used from... well... about episode 10 or something... yup you should pick it back up, it starts slow and a bit like a generic school life anime at first, but there's some good twist in the middle from episode 11 or so.

I'm not sure about the Fafner backbone thing yet... a secret base fending off mysterious invaders... and some guy suddenly forced to pilot a big mech... that sounds like the generic setting for lots of mecha anime... from way before EVA... even the synchronization idea dates back to the 70's...

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-07-28 at 15:52.
Closed Thread