AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 18:10   Link #8341
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Looks like I'll need to write my own in order to counter yours.

Kumagawa has 2 girls who are potentiall interested in him, and one of them is a middle schooler. Akune has 1 girl, and a horde of fangirls.

The Zenkichi fans that make up this thread might.
At the very least, the Medaka Box section won't be so dead... XD

Also, did anybody complain when Kuma was making his Naked Apron Alliance with the intent on converting the committee, also?
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:13   Link #8342
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Looks like I'll need to write my own in order to counter yours.

Kumagawa has 2 girls who are potentially interested in him, and one of them is a middle schooler. Akune has 1 girl, and a horde of fangirls.

The Zenkichi fans that make up this thread might.
Meh that may just be in your head, I don't most of Zen's fan's making anything remotely near the level whining your giving to Zen's harem. Come on now, I would have expected you to have gotten used to Nisio's trolling by now.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:13   Link #8343
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:14   Link #8344
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Kumagawa has 2 girls who are potentially interested in him, and one of them is a middle schooler. Akune has 1 girl, and a horde of fangirls.
Kumagawa has 3 girls interested in him. Middle school girl, Kikaijima, and Tachiarai (the election committee sleeping girl).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:17   Link #8345
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Zen needs less ladies, and Kumagawa needs more. Especially since , at the very least, one of the Naked Apron Alliance is in love with Akune.
Haha. I see. SO that's why you kept saying that Zen doesn't need a harem. I now know the reason why
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:17   Link #8346
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
At the very least, the Medaka Box section won't be so dead... XD
Oh, that's right, it only has 11 fics at the moment, doesn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Meh that may just be in your head, I don't most of Zen's fan's making anything remotely near the level whining your giving to Zen's harem. Come on now, I would have expected you to have gotten used to Nisio's trolling by now.
I only picked it up recently, remember?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Kumagawa has 3 girls interested in him. Middle school girl, Kikaijima, and Tachiarai (the election committee sleeping girl).
My mistake then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Haha. I see. SO that's why you kept saying that Zen doesn't need a harem. I now know the reason why
I am Confused, by your assessment.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:22   Link #8347
kenjtr

This chapter looked great to me , it is like ideal what author was looking for and if manga was like that from the beginning manga would be so much popular . This is also an idea what was in my mind " main char doesnt need to be hax or strongest " , yes main characters best feature can be guide people other then that he should help other characters to shine . If medaka box go with that direction i see a lot of potencial in it .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:25   Link #8348
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
This chapter looked great to me , it is like ideal what author was looking for and if manga was like that from the beginning manga would be so much popular . This is also an idea what was in my mind " main char doesnt need to be hax or strongest " , yes main characters best feature can be guide people other then that he should help other characters to shine . If medaka box go with that direction i see a lot of potencial in it .
While I admit this is getting interesting and am enjoying things so far, the concept of 'Medaka' is what distinguishes this manga from others, for better or for worse...

Quote:
Oh, that's right, it only has 11 fics at the moment, doesn't it?
11 fics + gabriel blessing's awesome Medaka Box/Bakemonogatari crossover XD My Zen/Medaka craving is mostly sated because of it xD
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:25   Link #8349
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think for simplicity's sake, if multiple girls want the same guy, they classify it as 'harem' since he can 'pick any girl' and still get some

But I'm actually really eager to see just how Zen's SC 'operates'. 'Naze' is obviously fond of him (non-romantic wise - she knows that Medaka's got a claim on him), and it seems that Wani respects Zen enough on her own but she's really doing it to get into Akune's pants... I think she was serious in having him as a 'husband'.
Emukae = friendized in the worst way.
He talks like that to Shiranui too ("I love you Shiranui!" "YEAH! I love me too!") but Shiranui knows he's not really serious so it fits with their dynamic. For poor Emukae...She's too sweet on Zen to be mad at him for that.

And for this new girl, Torai, she seems the dominating type but if her interaction with Zen is on-point, she wants to be dominated herself. By Zen.

This guy...
Old 2012-04-29, 18:32   Link #8350
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

In all seriousness (putting aside the whole harem thing for just a moment) I really want to see how far Zen's group can go. The best part about Zen is his ability to "power-up" his friends when he is present. Add that to the fact that out of all the battles in the series, Zen was part of some of the best and coolest...it's should be safe to assume that this arc will be entertaining (as opposed to my...bitching...a few chapters back on how it would be boring since Zen wasn't there).

Back to harem. Yea, I have to admit, Emakue's friendzoning was kinda harsh...I love the poor yandere...But for some reason Naze managed to balance the chapter out with her Tsun-tsun
Old 2012-04-29, 18:33   Link #8351
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I think for simplicity's sake, if multiple girls want the same guy, they classify it as 'harem' since he can 'pick any girl' and still get some

But I'm actually really eager to see just how Zen's SC 'operates'. 'Naze' is obviously fond of him (non-romantic wise - she knows that Medaka's got a claim on him), and it seems that Wani respects Zen enough on her own but she's really doing it to get into Akune's pants... I think she was serious in having him as a 'husband'.
Emukae = friendized in the worst way.
He talks like that to Shiranui too ("I love you Shiranui!" "YEAH! I love me too!") but Shiranui knows he's not really serious so it fits with their dynamic. For poor Emukae...She's too sweet on Zen to be mad at him for that.

And for this new girl, Torai, she seems the dominating type but if her interaction with Zen is on-point, she wants to be dominated herself. By Zen.

This guy...
The dude does not give a shit, this seems to have enhanced even more since he became president, the most shit he's ever given was in regards to Medaka, outside of that nope. It's most probably why he assembled that council in the first place because their girls and interesting to hang around.

Quote:
In all seriousness (putting aside the whole harem thing for just a moment) I really want to see how far Zen's group can go. The best part about Zen is his ability to "power-up" his friends when he is present. Add that to the fact that out of all the battles in the series, Zen was part of some of the best and coolest...it's should be safe to assume that this arc will be entertaining (as opposed to my...bitching...a few chapters back on how it would be boring since Zen wasn't there).
Pretty much typically when Zen fights shit hits the fan, it doesn't really happen much with other characters because they typically have pretty ridiculous abilities and there's either or a powerup or general trolling involved. Because Zen's match's are typically david verse goliath and you know he won't get an ass pull powerup there's generally more tension. Add in to the fact he's generally one of the fighters who uses his brain more and certain instances like the fact he practically set up a plan that involved a double sucide involving himand Kumagawa, and you have generally the most interesting fights this manga has.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 19:36   Link #8352
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
The dude does not give a shit, this seems to have enhanced even more since he became president, the most shit he's ever given was in regards to Medaka, outside of that nope. It's most probably why he assembled that council in the first place because their girls and interesting to hang around.

Pretty much typically when Zen fights shit hits the fan, it doesn't really happen much with other characters because they typically have pretty ridiculous abilities and there's either or a powerup or general trolling involved. Because Zen's match's are typically david verse goliath and you know he won't get an ass pull powerup there's generally more tension. Add in to the fact he's generally one of the fighters who uses his brain more and certain instances like the fact he practically set up a plan that involved a double sucide involving himand Kumagawa, and you have generally the most interesting fights this manga has.
You know that was somewhat more interesting than the fights with the other council members. Zenikichi's fights are more interesting than the Medaka fights where she plows through everything. It is sort of the Dragon Ball anime and its sequel Dragon Ball Z, it may not be the best example but I will get my point across. In Draogn Ball, a lot of thought has put into the fights where the cahracters use some strategy or plan to defeat their foes. In DBZ however, it is more like 'my power level is higher than so I win' and after awhile it does get kind of boring and monotonous.
Old 2012-04-29, 19:43   Link #8353
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

lol DBZ...that anime with invisible guns that shoot lasers. The biggest laser...WINS!
Old 2012-04-29, 19:49   Link #8354
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
11 fics + gabriel blessing's awesome Medaka Box/Bakemonogatari crossover XD My Zen/Medaka craving is mostly sated because of it xD
11 regular fics, and 7 crossovers. Although, the ZnT crossover was kinda amusing, Kumagawa is a lying liar who lies, and seems to have made the 4th wall into nothing.

Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to write.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:02   Link #8355
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
You know, now that I think about it, there might be more reason for having Wanizuka on the team. It's fairly possible that we'll get some development with her in some sense.
I mean, if I recall correctly, she admires Akune not only for his reputation as a destroyer, but something else happened that was alluded to but never touched upon ever again.

Spoiler for For Size:

There's the case of her eye that's under the eye patch and we also know of her extended family as well, that's way more information we got for her than any of the other candidates.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:35   Link #8356
kenjtr

I also think akune was stronger then medaka and his talent was awesome since he can just use multiple abilities with his judo , i also think krokami phantom is based on akune . The reason akune didnt show off was because he loved medaka and didnt wanted to overshadow her but now thats not the case i really want to see hm fight seriously once . If medakas ability which chances plot doesnt nvolvd i think akune would win against her even with plot he may still win .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:38   Link #8357
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I also think akune was stronger then medaka and his talent was awesome since he can just use multiple abilities with his judo , i also think krokami phantom is based on akune . The reason akune didnt show off was because he loved medaka and didnt wanted to overshadow her but now thats not the case i really want to see hm fight seriously once . If medakas ability which chances plot doesnt nvolvd i think akune would win against her even with plot he may still win .
Wow, real talk
Old 2012-04-29, 20:41   Link #8358
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
So she's the correct answer to the Nienami Family's mistake.
(bonus points to anyone who gets the meaning of that)
I am curious, can you explain?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:00   Link #8359
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Wow, real talk
Don't mind Kenjrt...he does that from time to time.
Old 2012-04-29, 21:08   Link #8360
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Don't mind Kenjrt...he does that from time to time.
Oh I know very well, it's just one of the most truthful things I've ever heard.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council