Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:37   Link #42
marvelB

And now here's the beginning of chapter 5:

Update 1

Update 2

Spoiler:

BTW, on a somewhat unrelated note, I've actually started playing through the sequel myself since this past weekend (don't bother asking me about plot spoilers, though.... even if I wanted to post them, my limited knowledge of Japanese prevents me from doing do). Right now I'm at the third chapter's trial. The only thing I will say about it right now that it actually somehow manages to succeed in being CRAZIER than the first game......
Old 2012-09-06, 13:42   Link #43
marvelB

It's been a while, but here's some more KER-AYZY updates!

Update 1

Update 2

Update 3

Update 4

Update 5

No spoiler talk for me this time, though I've gotta say it was awesome to see Monobear making a shameless plug for a Kenka Banchou game.
Old 2012-09-12, 04:48   Link #44
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Eh... We have Danganronpa thread here?! I have never known about this...!

Anyway, seeing you guys have the LP from orenoren, I'll just have a complete zip on my lips and see how you guys react in the last climax Though... Yeah, I think I'm gonna see some backlash when the translation is fully done...

And just for the record, 2nd installment was GLORIOUS. And no, I'm not spoiling for that since there is no way you are gonna enjoy it if you are spoiled of the elements. And I hath no regret in pre-ordering the 2nd Box set as well this time. >v</ (Though lol @ Amazon not giving me the Usami strap, not that I mind since my Monokuma strap is scary lol)

P.S: Pimping that the game is actually available in JP iStore and Google Play now Anyone with iPad or compatible android, just grab the game and follow orenoren's translation--it's worth all the excitement that cannot be translated into just reading the LP and listening to the voices while looking at screenshots! (Though iunno about crashes, some reported that there are iPhone users that just hanged in the middle... *shrugs*)

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:48   Link #45
marvelB

^Hey, we could always use more DR fans. After all, the series is Super High School Levels of awesome!

But first off, the last few updates that occurred since my last post:

Update 1

Update 2

Update 3

Anyways, I want to say that I also finished the sequel recently and found it really awesome (though admittedly my lack of Japanese knowledge prevents me from finding it even MORE awesome than I did during my time playing it.... but thankfully, oren already confirmed that he'll get to work on the sequel after finishing the first game's LP ). Naturally, you aren't gonna hear any spoilers from me either, but I WILL say that my favorite characters from the sequel are Tanaka and Nidai, no contest.

It's also cool how it has a lot more unlockable content than the first game did (for instance, after beating the game once you unlock an in-game novel called "Danganronpa IF"..... which I believe is supposed to be a "what-if" story of sorts that's written by the author of Durarara. Sounds real interesting. Can't wait to see that translated too (along with DR Zero, the novel that serves as a prequel to the series).) But for now, I'll just patiently wait for oren to finish his LP of the first title.....
Old 2012-09-13, 07:04   Link #46
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's also cool how it has a lot more unlockable content than the first game did (for instance, after beating the game once you unlock an in-game novel called "Danganronpa IF"..... which I believe is supposed to be a "what-if" story of sorts that's written by the author of Durarara. Sounds real interesting. Can't wait to see that translated too (along with DR Zero, the novel that serves as a prequel to the series).) But for now, I'll just patiently wait for oren to finish his LP of the first title.....
Ahah... To not spoil much about it, Narita basically emulates all the characters' personality from 1 quite well (subjectively said, I'll say that it's almost perfect characterization lol). And it has so much awesome fighting scenes ^o^

As for the content:
Spoiler for Non-character mentioning ('cept Naegi) spoiler:

Old 2012-09-13, 10:41   Link #47
marvelB

^Cool, thanks for the summary. Now I really want to see that novel get translated (even if it'll probably be a long time before that happens). Also, about another of DR2's unlockables that I really enjoyed (it's not really a big spoiler but I'll put it in tags anyway):

Spoiler for DR2 content:
Old 2012-09-14, 05:20   Link #48
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://anonscanlations.blogspot.com/...n-project.html

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:43   Link #49
marvelB

^Well, that's not really surprising (for me at least) since there were talks about making a TL patch for this game in the LP thread.

Anyhoo, may as well use this opportunity to post a new update! While the reveal here is certainly a huge one, it's kind of predictable since many of us guessed this one early on in the LP. But other than that:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-18, 10:46   Link #50
marvelB

And now for the last few updates before the fifth trial starts. After that, only one more chapter to go!

And goddamn, is Box 16 one sweet track.
Old 2012-09-26, 09:40   Link #51
marvelB

Trial time:

Update 1

Update 2

Update 3

Update 4

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-28, 14:49   Link #52
marvelB

Hey now, you didn't really think that last update was the end now, did you?

Spoiler for Chapter 5:

Edit: LOL, another update appeared just around the time I was typing this post.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-09-28 at 15:14.
Old 2012-09-29, 13:32   Link #53
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:

Spoiler for Chapter 5:

Spoiler for Chapter 5:

On another note, official Spoiler Talk Session for SDR2 today!(4gamers report, Famitsu report Some spoiler-ish images warning!). Many despair were created when this spoiler talk show attendance is pretty much decided by random lottery :heh"

Spoiler for Putting this in spoiler box just because this is the sequel:

Hopefully, it's okay to talk about this here, lol, I swear making another thread for SDR2 is troublesome... ;;

Old 2012-09-30, 12:43   Link #54
marvelB

Wow, looking at the first game's poll results:

Spoiler for DR1 polls:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for @Character popularity comment:

Spoiler for DR2:

BTW, another interesting thing to point out: At the SA thread, oren had mentioned that Spike Chunsoft held a survey for the fans and one of the questions asked was about what other game genre people would want to see the DR cast appear in. Apparently the answers included genres like fighting games, puzzlers and RPGs. Personally, considering the whole gun theme behind the trial segments, I feel that a shmup spinoff wouldn't go amiss (though I gotta admit that I'm real tempted by that fighting game idea, as well).....
Old 2012-10-03, 10:20   Link #55
marvelB

And now we're at the beginning.... of the end.

Also, that is one awesome chapter title, I gotta say!
Old 2012-10-09, 05:17   Link #56
Seitsuki
Onee!

SA seems to need compulsory registration now. Which costs money. Which.. kinda sucks.

What a cliffhanger to finish on orz
Old 2012-10-09, 09:06   Link #57
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

What's.....SA?
Old 2012-10-09, 14:49   Link #58
marvelB

^Something Awful forums, which is where the LP for this game is posted.

Anyway, this is actually a pretty normal occurrence for anyone who's lurked around SA for some time. It should last for about a week if we're lucky and a month if we're not. Either way, the lurker lockout isn't permanent, so just have patience (because I sure as hell ain't gonna pay no 10 bucks to join a forum )....
Old 2012-10-09, 15:09   Link #59
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ I never know SA would do this. I regret following that thread. Now I can only curse at the site and myself while enduring my burning desire to read what's going on with that series.

Considering that it's the only thread in that entire site I consider worthy of following. Jcafe24, Animesuki, Sakurahana, etc all offer free membership where we can read all spoilers to our heart's content...

This is a dick move pulling by them. I wonder if the one who started the thread to provide us the delicious summary even got paid from this.

I hope it's not permanent. I hate to be viewed as lurkers when all I need is to read the posts, posted there by someone there, not even downloading files.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:34   Link #60
marvelB

^So I assume you didn't read my previous post or perhaps just skimmed through it. Because if you paid attention:

Quote:
Anyway, this is, actually a pretty normal occurrence for anyone who's lurked around SA for some time. It should last for about a week if we're lucky and a month if we're not. Either way, the lurker lockout isn't permanent, so just have patience....