AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-10-20, 11:05   Link #241
Lost

HA.. Fate eh. Well, it wasnt really the slap, it's Arisa's cry and rush at Nanoha after that that always gets me.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 12:58   Link #242
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
And now that she has humongous firepower she can make friends with much greater eficiency
Or make much more powerful friends. And then teach them her ways... Fate's whole 'There's still time for that/you will be stopped' exchange with Signum was right out of Nanoha's playbook.
Old 2006-10-20, 20:09   Link #243
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I wonder if Nanoha and Galaxy Fraulein Yuna are friends.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:44   Link #244
JediNight
キズランダム

I just finished watching the first season of Nanoha and these are my thoughts:

I enjoyed it overall -- it's a good (more modern?) take on the magical girl genre. As opposed to a generic mahou shoujo series like Pretty Cure. The Magitech is nice and I liked how there was tactics to the fighting that most shows in the genre lack much of.

I did have some issues with the show:

To get through the material they wanted to, the show was evenly paced which is good. But the series really needed to be longer than 13eps IMHO. There were some relatively huge timegaps between episodes, and then a lot of explanation "after the fact" in the prologue to the episode.

Nanoha also has like the coolest mom ever: "Yeah mom I can't tell you who I'm going with, where it is, how long I'll be there, and it's going to be dangerous..." **Okay honey have a nice trip!** ?! WHAT? ^_^;; (Not to mention all the times she already just kinda comes and goes as she pleases at all hours of the day hehe)

Also, I know it's kinda hard to judge age in anime chars, but Nanoha seems older than 3rd grade. Her character design itself seems like 5th or 6th grade I would say, and then she waxes philosophic about communication in the prologues that is way above 3rd grade level LOL 3rd grade would be 8 years old... but I would say she looked about the same as Sakura from CCS who was what? 6th grade aka 10/11?

Last small complaint is the typical no practicing. She seemingly does no practice of the magic outside of battle, and yet rattles off all these attack names and does things on-the-fly. Even with innate ability, one has to practice -- and I hear that Nanoha actually supposedly DOES practice like 6hrs a day for 3 years between now and A's which makes it all the more odd...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 13:06   Link #245
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
To get through the material they wanted to, the show was evenly paced which is good. But the series really needed to be longer than 13eps IMHO. There were some relatively huge timegaps between episodes, and then a lot of explanation "after the fact" in the prologue to the episode.
Well there is a thing called budget - its not like they can do whatever they want. And the show was well packed for its 13 episodes, so im not complaining here. Nothing seemed rushed to me and episodes were nicely filled.

Quote:
Nanoha also has like the coolest mom ever: "Yeah mom I can't tell you who I'm going with, where it is, how long I'll be there, and it's going to be dangerous..." **Okay honey have a nice trip!** ?! WHAT? ^_^;; (Not to mention all the times she already just kinda comes and goes as she pleases at all hours of the day hehe)
Remember - Nanoha is a spin-off of another anime - Triangle Heart. (Nanoha was a minor side character there with next to none screentime). Watch, and find out about their family - its not your ordinary run of the mill family

Spoiler:

Now, with a family like that im sure her mother is not so worried and quite used to things like these, ne ?

Quote:
Also, I know it's kinda hard to judge age in anime chars, but Nanoha seems older than 3rd grade. Her character design itself seems like 5th or 6th grade I would say, and then she waxes philosophic about communication in the prologues that is way above 3rd grade level LOL 3rd grade would be 8 years old... but I would say she looked about the same as Sakura from CCS who was what? 6th grade aka 10/11?
I agree on this, but then again - would you watch a show where the main characters have IQ of a normal 8 year old?

Quote:
Last small complaint is the typical no practicing. She seemingly does no practice of the magic outside of battle, and yet rattles off all these attack names and does things on-the-fly. Even with innate ability, one has to practice -- and I hear that Nanoha actually supposedly DOES practice like 6hrs a day for 3 years between now and A's which makes it all the more odd...
Well its not like she had that much time to practice - she was busy looking for the jewels the whole time, and Yuuno was not much of a help considering how quickly Nanoha outgrew him. And lets not forget that Raging Heart seemed like tailor made for Nanoha - lets not forget that Raging Heart hasa mind of its own, and probably most of the attacks come from it and are not some things Nanoha came up all by herself.

And we clearly see how experience and tactics come in play here. At first Nanoha is nothing short of a cannon foder for Fate, but over time she learns, gains experience and slowly begins to match Fate. Its not like she suddenly recieved a package of raw power and went head to head with Fate and bested her. Thats the things i like about Nanoha - the fights here are rather technical compared to a lot of fighting animes.
Old 2006-10-24, 16:42   Link #246
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Remember, the weapon is intelligent and does a lot of the work, a significant part of her ability is just her raw power and affinity for the weapon.

Also, there's only half a year between first season and A's IIRC. It's 6 years from A's to StrikerS.

Last edited by Kikaifan; 2006-10-24 at 19:38. Reason: See below.
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 19:17   Link #247
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
It's 3 years from A's to StrikerS.
wasnt it 6 years ?
Old 2006-10-24, 19:38   Link #248
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yes. I'll edit that one.
Old 2006-10-25, 06:14   Link #249
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I thought all those "missed days" involved her practicing. She's pretty work-out when she gets home, too. And we also learn from the A's manga that she's been practicing in pseudo-space while in boring classes.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 19:49   Link #250
haiz123321
Obey me world!

erm what the differt between this and nanoha s1? kinda confused

or is this nanoha s1? >_<
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 20:12   Link #251
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

This is season 1. A's is season 2 and StrikerS will be season 3.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 21:02   Link #252
haiz123321
Obey me world!

ahh ok thx alot XD
Old 2006-11-05, 03:28   Link #253
Lost

Starlight BREAKKEEER!!!

Alicia's Revelation scene had me tearing. Poor poor Fate-chan. (She could have cried tho, that would really break me down) Nice scene, tho I would have liked it if Nanoha or better, Arf, stood forward midway thru it and screamed "YAMETE KUDASAI BITCH."

1 hour later//

Very nicely done ending. Just the way I like it, nice and slow, with more than enough time to resolve everything that the show started out to resolve, Fate and Nanoha wise, and leave us off knowing exactly the state of things. And I think that this is one of the rare times I've teared to a scene that did not involve someone dying or something overly sad happening. It was just so meaningful, Fate saying Nanoha's name (didnt occur to me that all this while she didnt know it) and when Nanoha's tears started rolling... beautiful.

Nanoha wearing Fate's hairbands (and vice versa) was especially nice to see.

Now, on to A's.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-11-05 at 04:33.
Old 2006-11-05, 04:52   Link #254
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ aye it is ^_^ fate has finally opened up to nanoha after the death of precia (the bitch!)
imo its was quite nice to see percia die...well normally the cleché thing would be for percia to notice her wrongs and change but obviously she is just too evil and has lost her mind...already showed that when she tortured poor fate

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-11-05 at 06:52. Reason: im a noob...
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 06:37   Link #255
haiz123321
Obey me world!

oO i thought precia was the evil one and not alicia? >_< she just stayed unconcious in the whole show =X

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2006-11-05, 06:51   Link #256
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ah crap soz i got my names mixed up they both sound so similar...
excuse me but im for alicia shes innocent...
but wht did happen to her? why is she unconcious in the first place?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 10:44   Link #257
Lost

She got killed in Precia's last accident. The one that caused her to be exiled..
Old 2006-11-05, 20:18   Link #258
haiz123321
Obey me world!

yeah then she made fate which is somewhat like a twin of alicia to help her do her dirty work >_>

btw is it me or does the creating fate part sounds like gundam seed/destiny

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2006-12-03, 22:25   Link #259
Vita

Send a message via AIM to Vita
Hi, i'm new and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a place where I could get a code for a vita picture to put on my signature, or a web that has them.
Vita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 22:26   Link #260
Vita

Send a message via AIM to Vita
if i'm not on you can mail me
Vita is offline   Reply With Quote