AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 15 18.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 31.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-03, 16:32   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You might want to reread your former note?

Sorry if I reacted a bit prickly here, but after the huge annoyance from S1 in which systematically every good later Hina/Hamster episode was _cut out_ and exchanged for random fluff centered around Nagi I'm reacting a bit allergic when suddenly complaints are raised that Nagi wasn't given a prominent enough role in ep1. Simply because it's not true, in addition to the fact that S1 was already hugely tilted in her favor.
Hah......?
1. I didn't complain about her role in the episode
2. It wasn't a complaint in the first place (Just making sure, but GJ=Good Job)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-03, 16:41   Link #22
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hah......?
1. I didn't complain about her role in the episode
2. It wasn't a complaint in the first place (Just making sure, but GJ=Good Job)
Okay, then sorry about that - after what you wrote before, it sounded very sarcastic to me.
Old 2009-04-03, 16:50   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Okay, then sorry about that - after what you wrote before, it sounded very sarcastic to me.
Ah~, that explains why I couldn't understand what you were trying to get at.
Oh well, results OK, so don't mind, don't mind~

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-03, 16:56   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Glad to see manga material animated (especially seeing as we'll be seeing the Valentines Day arc soon), though my problem with the OVA still stands --- it's just not wacky enough. The manga is plenty wacky, and Kawaguchi Keiichiro (the director from the first season) picked up on that and worked his own wacky madness. There's just none here. I'll stay watching it because i love this series, though it's a shame it's not the Hayate i wanted to watch.
Old 2009-04-03, 17:23   Link #25
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
it's just not wacky enough.
Second this. Either the pacing is somewhat off, or the jokes were too bland. Still a bit disappointed that they went through a whole event without much "spin" on it. It feels pretty much like (1) Hayate meet butler A (2) hayate meet butler B (3) hayate meet hinagiku. end of story.

Well, I guess they focused only on re-introducing the characters.
Old 2009-04-03, 17:46   Link #26
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
The 720p version is actually really nice quality for this show: no interlacing or ghosting artifacts at all.
24.000fps = jerk. Sorry but Crunchyroll still isn't quite there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
It feels pretty much like (1) Hayate meet butler A (2) hayate meet butler B (3) hayate meet hinagiku. end of story.

Well, I guess they focused only on re-introducing the characters.
Wasn't that the entire storyline, and point, of the OVA... - Isumi doesn't look retarded at 4:40 in so that's probably a good sign for things to come.

Spoiler for ep1:

Overall much better than the OVA... they should've just made this episode 00 instead =\

Last edited by neothe0ne; 2009-04-03 at 18:18.
Old 2009-04-03, 17:56   Link #27
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
24.000fps = jerk. Sorry but Crunchyroll still isn't quite there.

Wasn't that the entire storyline, and point, of the OVA... - I'll reserve judgment on the episode itself until after I watch of course. Isumi doesn't look retarded at 4:40 in so that's probably a good sign for things to come.
I hear they're working on variable frame rate player for the next version of their player. But if I had to choose between 24 or 30 constant (which is a limitation of their flash player, at this point), I'd choose 24, since you save bits and only digital pans are jerky.

And don't tell me that 80% of fansub raws don't have the exact same problem .
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-04-03, 18:05   Link #28
Mentar
Banned

The scary thing is that the source is _perfect_ FILM. All 23.976 fps, and there is no single VFR sequence in episode 1, I could even apply Pattern Guidance with less than 10 log entries. It is totally inconceivable to me how any semi-proficient encoder can mess the IVTC up so badly, sorry.

To be fair, I only saw the Horriblesub capture from what I believe to be Crunchy's version. Unless the mess is Horriblesub's fault introduced during the capping process - that I can't say for sure. But the jerks during pans were clearly mis-decimations (removing a live frame causing a jerk, and then leaving the duplicate in place, causing another one). Almost looked like blind decimation via selectevery() or so...

Strange.

Last edited by Mentar; 2009-04-03 at 18:19. Reason: fixed typo
Old 2009-04-03, 19:42   Link #29
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Glad to see manga material animated (especially seeing as we'll be seeing the Valentines Day arc soon), though my problem with the OVA still stands --- it's just not wacky enough. The manga is plenty wacky, and Kawaguchi Keiichiro (the director from the first season) picked up on that and worked his own wacky madness. There's just none here. I'll stay watching it because i love this series, though it's a shame it's not the Hayate i wanted to watch.
I agree...

A lot of pink. You could have pulled out a checklist and figured out who was going to be introduced next. Standard procedure so far, feels like something is missing from the season 1 to 2 transition. 4D humor toned down. Narrator doesn't have his usual "flair." Hina overload...

I miss those 4D theater skits they had at the end of each episode in season 1. Although the dumb Klaus episode lengthening annoyances can stay away.

OP was screeching for the first 15 seconds before the logo but other than that I guess it was okay.

ED is wut.

Hope it gets better...
Old 2009-04-03, 20:06   Link #30
Texas84
よろしく

It was OK. But I'm so happy it's back I give it an 8.

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2009-04-03, 21:14   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
It was OK. But I'm so happy it's back I give it an 8.

Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler:

Wow, a Hina-ED... That was surprisingly unexpected, yet quite expected at the same time seeing as how they would probably she her Birthday arc into... Maybe the first quarter?
Old 2009-04-03, 21:40   Link #32
orangejuicetang

woot. This was pretty good. The only slightly disappointing thing was
Spoiler for :
idk, I just found that one scene really funny when I read it.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-04-03, 22:38   Link #33
justsomeguy

Having just listened to the OP, I regret to find that my fears about Elisa turned out right. The song was overly emotional and dramatic, and lacked the liveliness of Kotoko. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll provide OP2.
Old 2009-04-03, 22:55   Link #34
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Having just listened to the OP, I regret to find that my fears about Elisa turned out right. The song was overly emotional and dramatic, and lacked the liveliness of Kotoko. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll provide OP2.
I got so caught up in the awesomeness Minami-ke of the ED that I forgot to rant about the OP :P

The chorus (and intro) are pretty meh, but the verse is actually pretty cool. The animation for the OP is also A++, which means "Wonder Wind" has a chance to actually grow on me o_O.

and just a fyi for those who are using Crunchyroll: the voice for the "Geneon Universal Entertainment to Konami sponsor" message has changed to male.
Old 2009-04-03, 23:24   Link #35
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Op was just plain crap.

The rest of the episode however, was golden. Best part? Hinagiku and the suspension bridge. Just died from moe overload there lol.

And I wonder if we're going to have an ED specific for each of the characters, or stick with Hinagiku's all the way? Either way, its a win win situation for me lol.

All in all, this episode showcases what I love most about JC staff. Hope they keep it up... though that's going to be an uphill battle concering this one will probably run for at least 2 cours lol.
Old 2009-04-04, 00:10   Link #36
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Finished my blog of the first ep. I hope to do the whole series.

Anyone else see a Tuxedo mask reference?
Old 2009-04-04, 02:48   Link #37
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, the animation was superb, but i was expecting more funny. I KNEW Hayate was screwed from the moment Nagi made that bet. I hate to say it, but it was blindly obvious unless you're utterly retarded.

Well, predictability aside, it wasn't a BAD opening to a second season, but I expected more. Given that it's a second season, I didn't think they were going to waste time introducing teh whole damn cast in the first episode, but whatever. My judgment is that it was a tad slow and lacked the silly outrageous humor that the first season had from the very get-go. But again, I have to give them credit for breaking down the fourth wall between Maria and the Announcer Dude, so in the end I give the episode overall an... 8/10.
Old 2009-04-04, 05:37   Link #38
Renya

it was a nice first episode
glad they are following the manga now, just hope they don't miss out the important parts of it

kinda disappointed with the opening song, wasn't catchy for me unlike the first season but the eding was pretty good
Old 2009-04-04, 07:42   Link #39
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I downloaded this episode solely for the ED, and I wasn't disappointed. It's kinda funny having the ED dedicated that much to Hinagiku, but I don't mind.
Old 2009-04-04, 09:31   Link #40
uis

Seriously i love 1st episode... it good and follow manga storyline...
The OP is good and i love it...
The ED is full with Hina but i didnt mind and i love it too...

Preview:- i see my Sonia... My 2nd fav HnG char after Hina ^^

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Closed Thread