AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 00:32   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Character Discussion - Takayama Maria

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Takayama Maria related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-11-01 at 23:15.
Old 2011-10-31, 20:42   Link #2
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

At the moment for me, she is just an annoying little brat, probably the most unrealistic character, I mean a 10 year old advisor? No way this is in anyway possible right? ..... right!? There's more of her in the next episode so Ill judge it by then.

But its really sad when she was describing how Yozora threatened and forced her on signing up. From the imagery of Yozora's slaps, to the way she was gripping at Maria's little had just to stamp the paper, to the way Maria was holding her little cheeks reminiscing the pain. Her voice sounded so in pain! I thought it was some serious shyt right there! Too bad she went bad-mouthing Kodaka after that. I just went from "Awwww! " to "What the!? "

Not into her VA except the part where she was describing Yozora's Coercion. I don't know its just me, but that's just for now probably, Ill hear more on her later on.
Old 2011-10-31, 21:24   Link #3
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
well i can't erase in my mind that she's Index when i hear and watch her
Old 2011-10-31, 21:31   Link #4
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Well, Touma would've punched Yozora to the sky if he ever knew his loli nun got slapped .
Old 2011-10-31, 21:43   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Im pretty sure that was the intention so nobody's gonna fault you,though I think Maria has a more rowdy and active personality than Index.
Old 2011-10-31, 21:50   Link #6
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Im pretty sure that was the intention so nobody's gonna fault you,though I think Maria has a more rowdy and active personality than Index.
Well she is 10 like Last Order.
Old 2011-10-31, 21:52   Link #7
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozen Van Kaizer View Post
But its really sad when she was describing how Yozora threatened and forced her on signing up. From the imagery of Yozora's slaps, to the way she was gripping at Maria's little had just to stamp the paper, to the way Maria was holding her little cheeks reminiscing the pain. Her voice sounded so in pain! I thought it was some serious shyt right there! Too bad she went bad-mouthing Kodaka after that. I just went from "Awwww! " to "What the!? "
That's kid for you.
Aside from the question "why was she a teacher?", she's a pretty realistic character to me. You mean, a 10 years old kid that acts like one? What a surprise.
Old 2011-10-31, 22:10   Link #8
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That's kid for you.
Aside from the question "why was she a teacher?", she's a pretty realistic character to me. You mean, a 10 years old kid that acts like one? What a surprise.
I think the guy means the fact she calls herself a teacher.
Old 2011-11-04, 20:23   Link #9
User68604
Disabled By Request

shes bratty and indexy

i love her
Old 2011-11-05, 01:40   Link #10
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Naive but cute.
Easily fooled and bulled by others but cute.
Sexy yet cute.......

God , the loli fever is here again!!!
Old 2011-11-05, 10:59   Link #11
larethian

Her adjectives used for demeaning stuff is pretty much limited to 'poop'. I wonder how she can be smart and yet dumb at the same time
Old 2011-11-05, 21:08   Link #12
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I like her more than Index.
Old 2011-11-07, 20:30   Link #13
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Her adjectives used for demeaning stuff is pretty much limited to 'poop'. I wonder how she can be smart and yet dumb at the same time
Who ever said she was smart? She certainly isn't. She's just a very naive 10-year-old brat whose insult vocabulary is limited to "poop".
Old 2011-11-07, 20:59   Link #14
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Who ever said she was smart? She certainly isn't. She's just a very naive 10-year-old brat whose insult vocabulary is limited to "poop".

She's a teacher after all.

I suppose the Author's trying to play the childish-idiot-Genius part, but often forgets to include the last bit.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:21   Link #15
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Maria has been getting undeserved flak last ep just for being... a kid

She certainly acts very well within her age, which I find a funny comparison to Kobato. Maria is the adviser to the club, but acts more like a child than an adult. Kobato is also a child, but she masquerades as a rather mature character (but still a child at heart).

And I still want to know about that heart shaped hairpin. I find that absolutely cute
Old 2011-11-07, 22:46   Link #16
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Now you mention it, and after I rewatch her introduction episode, looks like they omitted it on anime. It was mention on the manga and LN on her introduction chapter that...
Spoiler for LN and manga related:

And now I currently imagine Maria's teaching. I wonder the reaction of the students she teach
Old 2011-11-07, 23:28   Link #17
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well if she were to teach she would be similar to rebecca miyamoto.
Old 2011-11-08, 00:45   Link #18
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
And now I currently imagine Maria's teaching. I wonder the reaction of the students she teach
Well, a funny scenario would be a class full of Yozora's

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well if she were to teach she would be similar to rebecca miyamoto.
Pani Poni Maria?
Old 2011-11-28, 20:25   Link #19
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I wish they used Maria more

She seems like the sort of character that would create a lot of drama...especially with Kobato...not to mention she's guilable and can easily be tricked, I want to see more wacky antics she gets herself into thanks to the others XD

I want an episode where Maria has to stay with Kodaka and Kobato

But yeah, I find her cute and lovable
Old 2011-11-28, 21:58   Link #20
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I want an episode where Maria has to stay with Kodaka and Kobato

But yeah, I find her cute and lovable
I too find her cute, but mostly when Kodaka (or Kobato) is around though
For once I would like Sena to go crazy over her instead of Kobato to see Maria's reaction XDD

Spoiler for Maria stays with Kodaka & Kobato:

Tags
characters