AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 13:39   Link #1
Akira Takano

Question A good comedy Anime?

Alrighty, so I'm looking for a good comedy Anime. So far, the only Anime I have seen the whole thing of is School Rumble.

I am hoping for something similar to School Rumble. I like it, it's got comedy, it can get serious, and the characters have real depth and emotions. So... It doesn't matter if the series has already ended or not. As long as the whole franchise isn't a short OVA.

Sorry if I'm not detailed enough...
Akira Takano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 13:50   Link #2
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

You can try Sket Dance, Gintama, Level E, and Minami ke.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 16:15   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I suggest Nodame Cantabile. There is a 23-episode original series plus two 12-episode sequels. There is a single fansub torrent for the entire show here. If you prefer dubbing, you can watch the first season for free at Crackle. That's the only legal outlet other than buying the Japanese discs.

It's not as wacky as School Rumble, but Nodame does have the things you say you are looking for so you might give it a try.

For a shorter show, you might give Kamisama Hajimemashita a shot. It's only twelve episodes. Another possibility is Kotoura-san. Both of those are available in free streams in North America. The first is more of a pure comedy, though it has a few serious moments. I'll let you experience Kotoura-san for yourself without any preconceived notions. Don't read anything about it either. Just watch the first episode.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 17:01   Link #4
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

You could easily find similar threads to this by using the search feature, but I'll let this one go since the last thread was from 2007 and we can give you more recent comedy titles in this thread.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't look at them anyway.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 17:08   Link #5
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
You could easily find similar threads to this by using the search feature, but I'll let this one go since the last thread was from 2007 and we can give you more recent comedy titles in this thread.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't look at them anyway.
You can inform the OP of the search function, but you do know this will not be the last time such thread will crop up. It is for this reason that I merely give the titles these days; i haven't the energy to say the same thing every single time.

Or maybe I should just save what I type
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 18:14   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have a couple of omnibus postings that I point to occasionally as I did here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...60#post4661060.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 09:51   Link #7
Synizta

If you're okay with a slice of life/comedy then i'd deffiently say Azumanga Daioh is worth a watch. Irresponsible Captain Tylor (it's 20 years old) i found to be a good time for comedy as well, and lastly i should say Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu too. (don't even need to watch the first season of Full Metal Panic! to enjoy it. ^_^
Old 2013-05-09, 15:56   Link #8
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Miami Guns, it is hilarious and short, even sporting a freakishly hot blooded main character and over the top animation. Funniest anime I have ever watched. I would also recommend Ghastly Prince Enma: Burning Up, but I have no idea how much lewdness you can handle.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote