AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 11:35   Link #241
sikvod00

I don't hate it, but it certainly sounds weird. Like an old hag.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 11:37   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
am i the only one who hates that man's voice??(the shrine's boss)
You're not the only one. Kazuki Yao's unique voice is not up everybody's alley. I only like it on silly characters like Franky from One Piece.
Old 2013-12-12, 11:44   Link #243
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I don't hate it, but it certainly sounds weird. Like an old hag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You're not the only one. Kazuki Yao's unique voice is not up everybody's alley. I only like it on silly characters like Franky from One Piece.
I think is voice is too high pitched for the part, lacks authority in it
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 22:03   Link #244
ChainLegacy
廉頗

So is Inari's goal to have Yakushimaru as the new god of creation and Koto as the god of destruction? What is the reason for choosing a human to fulfill the job of god (Yakushimaru, I guess Koto would technically be a god but he obviously isn't)? Seems like he's just doing it on a whim, but he also seems to allude to some deeper reason….
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 08:12   Link #245
Breimoon

maybe he wants to remake all the words ?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 09:25   Link #246
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I found this at MAL regarding Inari's intentions and thought it was interesting...

"Inari is not the bad guy. Think of this show on an individual basis (Myoue). Inari is still trying to save Myoue. Though he "saved" him by replacing his heart, as the last episode showed, Myoue still rejected this second chance at life; Inari created a brother and sister for Myoue, but Myoue never accepted their love, and instead selfishly shut himself off from everyone. Still trying to save Myoue, Inari gave over his ability to create, hoping that Myoue would use it to reincarnate himself, but Myoue, still denying life refused to, creating the stasis of the Capital. This is why everyone was tired, the monk brother, Inari, they kept trying to save Myoue, but the simple fact is that unless someone wants to live nothing you can do can save them.

Inari's last gambit was to use Koto to destroy the universe, what good is the world if people can't be saved (not only is this a buddhist thought, but it is also in the Kabblah and Christian gnosticism)? This is what Inari meant when he told Bunny Koto that he would explain later: Inari knows exactly what he is doing: everything was done to get Myoue to use the power to create a new universe, one where Myoue would want to live. So far from Inari being selfish, he is actually willing to sacrifice everything, including himself, to save Myoue."
I can certainly see the parallel. This series has astounded me. Myoue seems so useless a character, like a side kick but not exactly one (since his story is kind of developed but just a bit overshadowed by the mystery of Koto the girl... well, now I know it's all in the plan for the big surprise). So Myoue is all along the main character!

a very touching penultimate episode!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 18:17   Link #247
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I will be so damn sad when this show ends next week. This has been truly one of the best series for the year..at least for me.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-12-18, 14:17   Link #248
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 16:24   Link #249
MCAL

Very satisfying ending. Tied up most of the loose ends character-wise and plot-wise, though I guess I wanted to know a little bit more about the First God. But that doesn't change my feelings on the show one bit. I think it is a masterpiece and my pick for AOTY. 10/10. You'd be a fool to pass this up.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 17:54   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fantastic ending to a fantastic series. A solid 9/10 and in my top 3 of the anime I've seen this year. It's a shame this series doesn't seem to have garnered a lot of attention, but the best shows are often the least popular for some reason.
Old 2013-12-20, 21:53   Link #251
Kirarakim

For me the show was very good but not quite fantastic. I loved the theme of family and the series had wonderful magical moments right up to the end. But I did feel Kysougiga had too many unrealized characters & elements to the series that felt unnecessary.

That all being said this series was definitely one of the stronger shows from the fall and the ending was definitely satisfying (coming back to the themes of family). It might not be my favorite of the year but I do think it deserves way more attention than it is getting and I would definitely like to see it licensed in the US. I think it would be a great choice for NISA.
Old 2013-12-20, 21:58   Link #252
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I absolutely LOVE this series and hope someone does decide to pick it up.

Fantastic last episode....Koto and Inari going at it was EPIC.
Old 2013-12-20, 22:14   Link #253
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very nice ending with Koto with a good headbutt to Inari

8/10 Koto is just so awesome
Old 2013-12-20, 22:47   Link #254
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

One of my favorites from this season, and it ended nicely. My only strong criticism is that Yase and Karuma are pretty much out of the picture during the climax and ending. It kind of diminishes the strength of the earlier episodes. Once Koto's powers/purpose are revealed, it's basically all about her and Myoue. That's not a horrible thing, but I felt I had to mention something critical.

Otherwise it was great. I really liked the art, animation, and character designs. Everything oozed with personality. The whimsical nature of everything kept the serious elements of the story in check, and there was a good balance overall in themes.

More than that, the high quality production, relatively easy to follow plot, and mature themes without relying on sex or graphic violence really sets it apart from a lot of modern anime...and there's a nice "classic" vibe that flows through everything. This is a solid series to use if you want to introduce anime to a newbie.
Old 2013-12-21, 04:37   Link #255
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

One of the very best of the year, no doubt. Soaring ambition and the execution to back it up.

The finale is swimming in irony in so many ways. I like the fact that Yakushimaru was given the power to create, and and rejected it - and Koko the power to destroy, and embraced it. Yet it's Koko who has the more proactive outlook (some would say childlike), and tries to use the power not to destroy, but to break down barriers that shouldn't exist. And in returning the beads to his father and then taking them back, Yakushimaru symbolically both rejects the burden placed on him against his will, and embraces it voluntarily from this point onward.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 12:59   Link #256
MartianMage

Finished this yesterday. Definitely one of the better shows this season. At some point it got kinda slow but it's a short series anyway and the final emotional payoff is quite good. I'd give this an 8 for above average but it's something I probably won't rewatch though
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 21:13   Link #257
kyouray
2D > 3D

I can't help myself to think it could have been better when I remind the pilot. Many elements (scenes, characters) are lacking and I'd have loved to see it but it was expected for a pilot. And not enough Lady Koto
However it's still easily one of the best series of this year, I guess family is a winning theme of 2013 (Uchouten Kazoku). I liked what themes they approach and how they did it : clever direction making the whole thing catchy but also the use of symbolism and hidden hints making the viever doing guess and interpretations.
It was technically good, maybe not as impressive as some series but it was at least consistently well animated. Plus the art direction & music make up.
Old 2013-12-22, 04:35   Link #258
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the god is based on Chōjū-giga
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 02:19   Link #259
Mangaka-chan

I marathoned the series last night and I have to say, this show, even though its only 10s long, tell a nice, concise plot, and is more well woven together than the other shows I've seen this year. I kind of wish there could've been more about Yase and Kurama at the end, but overall I still enjoyed it.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote