AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

Old 2013-12-31, 15:32   Link #21
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm...not looking forward to this. Is there a spoiler free summary for us non-novel people?
Oh come now Solace give it a chance. This next arc is much better then the last one from what I've heard.
Old 2013-12-31, 15:35   Link #22
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I'm...not looking forward to this. Is there a spoiler free summary for us non-novel people?
Kirito *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored*Asuna *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored*but Shino *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* not *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored*
and stuff happens.

Sorry that's the best I can do. I removed as many spoilers as I could.

Now for reals...

Kirito gets into a new game. We get new characters. The new characters are interesting personality wise. And there are guns instead of swords. And conspiracy stuff all over the place. The shadow of Aincraid looms over everyone? God, what will Kirito do?

To be continued

edit: Removed spoiler
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 15:41   Link #23
Divini
Senpai!

I pretty much 99% expected this announcement after extra edition, but I still still squeed in a high pitch voice.

LogHora, Mahouka, and SAO... my 3 current favorite LNs getting adaptated all in the same year! Gonna love 2014.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 15:57   Link #24
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh come now Solace give it a chance. This next arc is much better then the last one from what I've heard.
I'll give it a chance, but honestly the series just felt like it had been in decline since he learned Dual Wield in the first game. As awesome as that scene was, everything that followed just got worse and worse.

I really liked the seriousness of the initial idea, but as the show progressed that gave away to "Kirito, the one man army/show". By the time it was deep in the Alfheim plot, I just wanted it to end.
Old 2013-12-31, 16:03   Link #25
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

To be fair, the original novel is fairly interesting. Personally I think the books just get better and better as the volumes go on (and the 3rd book/the material for the second season is pretty good, at least IMHO. Quite better than Alfheim if that's your main worry). Whether the adaptation will make justice to that remains to be seen.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 16:07   Link #26
konart

Quote:
I'll give it a chance, but honestly the series just felt like it had been in decline since he learned Dual Wield in the first game. As awesome as that scene was, everything that followed just got worse and worse.

I really liked the seriousness of the initial idea, but as the show progressed that gave away to "Kirito, the one man army/show". By the time it was deep in the Alfheim plot, I just wanted it to end.
The second part was mostly a needed transition between SAO and GGO (and the other things to follow up to Accel World). It was bad and boring even in novels.

GGO is so much better.
Old 2013-12-31, 16:08   Link #27
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^ I've got pretty much the same issues with the franchise. I'll give it a try, just because the initial premise was good and I really wanted to like it, but I have extremely low expectations...

The new girl of the week doesn't give me much hope though as the romance plot is one of my main issues with the series.

(mod edit: Please don't ask questions that can only be answered by spoilers.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-12-31 at 18:03. Reason: removed spoiler question
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 16:28   Link #28
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Well, I expected a second season---and it's probably my favorite arc in the series, since GGO has a lot of tension and mystery, etc and decent characters.
Old 2013-12-31, 17:14   Link #29
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It's really hard to speak without spoiling now.....>_>

Anyway.... 2nd Arc is good... 3rd is meh..... I hate that girl....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 18:04   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I would like to say again: if novel readers would like to discuss their expectations for the new anime, there is a place for it and it's at this link. Just don't talk about the plot or spoil the characters in this thread.
Old 2013-12-31, 18:13   Link #31
jpwong

Wouldn't it be better if this topic were just stickied and locked and updated by mods when new info comes out? I can't think of anything that general users would post in this thread seeing as how all appropriate discussions sound like they should be in either the "Sword Art Online - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for SAO Novel Readers only)" or "Sword Art Online - Anime General Discussion [NO SPOILERS]" threads.
Old 2013-12-31, 18:13   Link #32
Keila

Maybe this is just being picky, but do the character faces in the preview/images seem a little too simple/plain?
Old 2013-12-31, 19:09   Link #33
Dark Wing

Quote:

This time around it's less plot hex and more Kirito having to actually having to use more of his brain to find a solution to this particular problem.

Anyway since this a has been announced I hope to her about a continuation to Accel World.
Old 2013-12-31, 19:52   Link #34
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
First thing that came in my mind was Buddy Complex that was just announced last month.

And it was bound to happen sooner or later. Seems they kept Sawashiro Miyuki for Shinon.
I'm guessing Spring at earliest, Summer at the latest probably. Either way, it will probably air at the same time as Mahouka. The shitstorm will be glorious and hilarious.
I really can't wait to see /a/ reaction.

Now then, I am glad they are resuming it but... This is a single cour right? After all, the material is not enough for two cours unless they will inlclude the next arc...
Old 2013-12-31, 20:22   Link #35
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Are there gonna be real-life and licensed guns in the game, or will there be generics?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 21:23   Link #36
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Are there gonna be real-life and licensed guns in the game, or will there be generics?
Yep, most guns from GGO are based from true weapons in the real world... except for...

Spoiler for not really a spoiler but still:

anyways really happy for this one... GGO arc is kinda short wonder if

Spoiler for SAO arc:
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-12-31, 21:46   Link #37
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Kirito *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored*Asuna *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored*but Shino *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* not *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored*
and stuff happens.

Sorry that's the best I can do. I removed as many spoilers as I could.

Now for reals...

Kirito gets into a new game. We get new characters. The new characters are interesting personality wise. And there are guns instead of swords. And conspiracy stuff all over the place. The shadow of Aincraid looms over everyone? God, what will Kirito do?

To be continued

edit: Removed spoiler
Don't forget to add:

Another girl falls for Kirito and ends up friendzoned
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 22:00   Link #38
dark998

Best anime of 2012 gets a new season? Excellent news.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 22:10   Link #39
daedalron

Only question right now is how many episodes this new season will be. The answer will tell us if it will be only one arc, or more.

I really hope, like ReinZwei, that we'll get 25 episodes to get the 3 arcs he was talking about

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-12-31 at 23:07. Reason: removed extra novel details
daedalron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 22:17   Link #40
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
nice, great news! here's the official youtube announcement vid http://youtu.be/K0Ghr_rbJmQ