AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-08, 00:34   Link #1
james0246

One Piece - Chapter 607 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---
Spoilers out:

Quote:
-As the Volcano erupts, Van der Decken flees (along with Ankoro (the giant angler fish) and Wadatsumi (the giant…giant)). Deciding to follow their example, Luffy begins to order Surume (the Kraken) to take them far away…only see that Surume had already fled .

-As the Volcano erupts, and magma spews forth, the temperature difference creates whirlpools, but Luffy and company manage to flee to the Trench and escape to the bottom of the Sea…

-During their escape, rocks begin to fall on the ship (as it heads to the bottom of the Sea). Zoro attempts to cut them, only to be stopped by Robin, explaining that their current depth would kill them instantly. So, Usopp steps in to save the day .

-After they get to the bottom, the crew arrives at Fishman Island (which, for plot convenience, is surrounded by a huge bubble of air).

-Once there, the crew is stopped by the local Fishman Pirate crew, led by pike eel Hammond. The pike eel man demands that Strawhat Luffy surrender to him…which of course Luffy refuses to do .

-The chapter ends with the Thousand Sunny using a Coup de Burst (presumably to enter the bubble surrounding the Island).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-08 at 02:25.
Old 2010-12-08, 00:36   Link #2
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Ooooooh, I can't wait to see what Fishman Island looks like~

Well, I guess that kinda screws the whole "Surume" joining the crew thing don't it? Wonder how Usopp saves the day.... with his new plants and such? Or just SUPER AWESOME EXPLOSIVE SNIPER SHOTS~?
Old 2010-12-08, 00:44   Link #3
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
So, Usopp steps in to save the day
Best part...

Finally, after waiting what over 2 years?, we finally get to see Strawhats arrive at fishmen island!
Old 2010-12-08, 00:46   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Luffy begins to order Surume (the Kraken) to take them far away…only for Surume to have already fled .
that squid has no backbone
Old 2010-12-08, 01:16   Link #5
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The strawhat crew have FINALLY reached Fishman Island. It's been too long of a wait, and I anticipate an extraordinary atmosphere at said location. Not surprised to know it's encompassed by a bubble, seeing as how that's the only way humans can survive underwater.

Thanks for the summary, James .
Old 2010-12-08, 02:27   Link #6
SMASHERJACKSON

finally fishman island!

hes supposed to meet jimbei here right?
Old 2010-12-08, 02:41   Link #7
Aesthetic Shampoo

Looking forward to Fishman island...
Old 2010-12-08, 02:50   Link #8
golgo13

they used a coup de burst? weren't they out of fuel? also i thought it was weird they ran out so quickly. wow fishmen island is surrounded by a bubble, how is it protected??
Old 2010-12-08, 03:01   Link #9
james0246

^Presumably, they were using the last of the air in the hopes of pushing through the barrier surrounding the Island...
Old 2010-12-08, 03:29   Link #10
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The strawhat crew have FINALLY reached Fishman Island. It's been too long of a wait, and I anticipate an extraordinary atmosphere at said location. Not surprised to know it's encompassed by a bubble, seeing as how that's the only way humans can survive underwater.
Now the exploration really begins. Let's see how much chaos was done after Whitebeard's death.
Old 2010-12-08, 11:04   Link #11
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Presumably, they were using the last of the air in the hopes of pushing through the barrier surrounding the Island...
right but what about the fuel, i believe it uses 3 barrels of cola.
Old 2010-12-08, 11:24   Link #12
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
right but what about the fuel, i believe it uses 3 barrels of cola.
Franky explained in 605 (page 8), that the Coup de Burst (and Gaon Cannon), use a huge a mount of air, so using the attacks under water would reduce their own air supply (shrink the bubble...which we see later in the chapter when they are forced to use the Coup de Burst). So, even if they have the cola to use, they do not have the air.
Old 2010-12-08, 12:23   Link #13
golgo13

Quote:
Franky explained in 605 (page 8), that the Coup de Burst (and Gaon Cannon), use a huge a mount of air, so using the attacks under water would reduce their own air supply (shrink the bubble...which we see later in the chapter when they are forced to use the Coup de Burst). So, even if they have the cola to use, they do not have the air.
I get that. I understand that risking the air factor coup de burst when about to enter fisherman island makes sense. But Franky stated they ran out of fuel in 606 p. 10. Which 1/ I don't get how they ran out so quickly, 2/ how are they able to use coup de burst now?
Old 2010-12-08, 12:32   Link #14
Rurik
Golden

I was suspecting that Fisherman island had a similar protection to be able to sustain human life. But, I want to see how it looks, the concept of an Island underwater is kind of crazy, I imagine that this island has to be a refference to Atlantis.
Old 2010-12-08, 13:15   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
I get that. I understand that risking the air factor coup de burst when about to enter fisherman island makes sense. But Franky stated they ran out of fuel in 606 p. 10. Which 1/ I don't get how they ran out so quickly, 2/ how are they able to use coup de burst now?
I'm pretty sure the only issue is air, not cola, especially considering that the spoilers clearly indicate that they will use (or have used) Coup de Burst.
Old 2010-12-08, 18:30   Link #16
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
led by pike eel Hammond
WTF EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
Quote:
pike eel man demands that Strawhat Luffy surrender to him…which of course Luffy refuses to do
Awesom1!
Old 2010-12-08, 23:05   Link #17
golgo13

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the only issue is air, not cola, especially considering that the spoilers clearly indicate that they will use (or have used) Coup de Burst.
chapter 439 pg 12.

cola pushes air out.
Old 2010-12-08, 23:34   Link #18
james0246

Quote:
chapter 439 pg 12.

cola pushes air out.
I never claimed otherwise. I'm saying the only issue they have, under the sea (since you want an obvious clarification), is air...at least based on the spoilers we have. Unless stated otherwise, the only complaint Franky has made concerning fuel has been the lack of air in the bubble. Nothing has been said about cola. So, as I've said many times, the issue seems to be air supply.
Old 2010-12-08, 23:54   Link #19
golgo13

Quote:
I never claimed otherwise. I'm saying the only issue they have, under the sea (since you want an obvious clarification), is air...at least based on the spoilers we have. Unless stated otherwise, the only complaint Franky has made concerning fuel has been the lack of air in the bubble. Nothing has been said about cola. So, as I've said many times, the issue seems to be air supply.
dude read my posts: I understand that risking the air factor coup de burst when about to enter fisherman island makes sense. But Franky stated they ran out of fuel in 606 p. 10.

unless fuel != cola my confusion is still there.
Old 2010-12-09, 00:13   Link #20
james0246

^Recent spoilers seem to drop the Coup de Burst line, so whether ot not air can be considered part of the fuel is irrelevant...for now.

Additionally, and to get on a more interesting topic, Hammond (judging by his tattoos) seems to have been a part of Arlong's crew.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion