Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-09, 02:38   Link #21
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Recent spoilers seem to drop the Coup de Burst line, so whether ot not air can be considered part of the fuel is irrelevant...for now.

Additionally, and to get on a more interesting topic, Hammond (judging by his tattoos) seems to have been a part of Arlong's crew.
the last 2nd last panel shows the stern of the ship with what looks like a coup de burst..so unsure.

definitely looks he was part of crew. or maybe a fake arlong hahah
Old 2010-12-09, 07:05   Link #22
Slayerx

A nice and adventurous chapter that was
Though it seems like kraken might not be sticking around as he's already part of a gang of sea monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
dude read my posts: I understand that risking the air factor coup de burst when about to enter fisherman island makes sense. But Franky stated they ran out of fuel in 606 p. 10.
no you are mistaking what Franky meant when he said "we are out of Fuel"
Franky stated they were out of Fuel, but that does not mean they did not have more fuel in stock; only that they did not AT THE MOMENT have the fuel to make a quick get away... What he likely meant was that they were currently out of fuel and need to refill before they can use a coup de burst, not that they were out of fuel completely. That's why they are refilling now because the fuel tank was empty

Sure he could have mentioned "we need to refuel" but what he said is still correct...
Old 2010-12-09, 08:42   Link #23
james0246

^That seems to be the case, since the full spoiler, just released, does contain the Coup, and it is mentioned that they refuel. So, they really had run out of Cola and not just as air as I originally thought.

It also seems that Surume flees with the Thousand Sunny, not by itself (as earlier spoilers indicated).
Old 2010-12-09, 09:00   Link #24
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^That seems to be the case, since the full spoiler, just released, does contain the Coup, and it is mentioned that they refuel. So, they really had run out of Cola and not just as air as I originally thought.

It also seems that Surume flees with the Thousand Sunny, not by itself (as earlier spoilers indicated).
^
Chapter itself has been out for a while now and a fine chapter it was.

After all these years of waiting we finally have reached Fishman Island... people have been yearnin for Fish Man island ever since Enies Lobby. I predicted that Fishman island would be inside bubble but I did not expect it (them) to be floating.

There appears to be two diffrent islands. Larger at bottom and smaller floating above.

New Fishmen pirates? Perhaps Arlong might be involved here? Oh and about fuel it was simply that their cola tanks were empty at the moment and they needed to fill it up for Coup de Burst.
Old 2010-12-09, 09:11   Link #25
raziel16

Finally Usop shows his power. Is that a black kabuto or something new?

The tattoo of the fishman pirates really intriguing. The one in the shoulder is obviously Arlong sign, although I don't understand that since by this point we can consider Arlong as small fry.

The other tattoo though, is very similar to Doflamingo/Bellamy sign. It probably stamped with the Sun Pirates sign, just like how they used to do it to the Tenyrubito sign on the ex slaves.

Also, now we can be pretty sure that Nami talk about cola when she mention "fuel" to Franky because they need both cola (fuel) and air to do coup de burst.
Old 2010-12-09, 10:18   Link #26
Battler-kun

Well on the land Arlong is a small fry.

But in the water...that's a different story, especially because DF-user simply can't fight under water, even WB would simply lose.
So, naturally there aren't many humans who are able to defeat the Fishmen in their element.
Old 2010-12-09, 11:51   Link #27
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
A nice and adventurous chapter that was
Though it seems like kraken might not be sticking around as he's already part of a gang of sea monsters

no you are mistaking what Franky meant when he said "we are out of Fuel"
Franky stated they were out of Fuel, but that does not mean they did not have more fuel in stock; only that they did not AT THE MOMENT have the fuel to make a quick get away... What he likely meant was that they were currently out of fuel and need to refill before they can use a coup de burst, not that they were out of fuel completely. That's why they are refilling now because the fuel tank was empty

Sure he could have mentioned "we need to refuel" but what he said is still correct...
yes! re-fuel. makes a lot more sense.
Old 2010-12-09, 12:19   Link #28
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So, naturally there aren't many humans who are able to defeat the Fishmen in their element.
Sanji .
Old 2010-12-09, 12:21   Link #29
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
So was I right on the money when I said we'd see Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea incorporated into One Piece?, Well just the title from what I see right now, but eventually, we'll see Nemo and his Nautilus
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=17
Old 2010-12-09, 13:27   Link #30
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
"NOOOO WAYYYY MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kraken did NOT ditch the strawhats! Woot. He wasn't that much of a wuss.
Old 2010-12-09, 13:50   Link #31
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The Fishman Island is quite amazing, nothing like what I expected.

Its literally an island floating in a sea inside a bubble, which also has a sky and more bubble islands inside the sea. The smaller bubble floating on top of the main island seems to be fully submerged in water though.

3 pillars also surround the Island, probably part of the Red Line. Not sure where the light source comes from though.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2010-12-09 at 15:23.
Old 2010-12-09, 14:27   Link #32
marvelB

So now they finally arrive at the long-desired destination..... most excellent. And now we've even got some more new merman characters to greet them, to boot! Sadly, I'm pretty certain that Hammond's gang are fodder, despite their neat designs and the fact they ride on sea kings (which is pretty darn badass). It also doesn't seem that Jinbei has very much influence at the island, since Hammond made no mention of him and Luffy's alliance during the war (yet he mentions Arlong and Luffy saving Hachi from the nobles).....

Also, it's great to see some more Usopp action this chapter! I can't wait to see the rest of his arsenal. The bits with Sanji were great too (man, those okamas really did a number on the poor guy..... ). Bit of a shame that Van der Decken's crew still hasn't been properly revealed yet, but we should see their faces in due time. I just can't wait to see how many more wacky new characters will appear in this storyline!
Old 2010-12-09, 14:59   Link #33
ZeroForever

curious what the explanation for the light is going to be, glowing rocks? planet? other? Liking the design of fishman island though. Like others said, it's not what i was expecting.
Old 2010-12-09, 16:23   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fishman island looks amazing. Can't wait to get a closer look.

Sanji was great as always. He'll live the dream even if it kills him.
Old 2010-12-09, 16:25   Link #35
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Chalk up another for "not expecting Fishman Island to be like that"

I always kinda imagained it was more in a giant underground cave of sorts.

Nice seeing Usopp save the day, pretty impressive stuff.

Now I just wonder if we'll ever see Sogeking again

Wonder how the thing with Nami and the Arlong pirates will play out later.
Old 2010-12-09, 16:39   Link #36
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I thought that Mermaid Island wouldn't be floating, but I knew it would be coated from the moment this technology was mentioned - then again floating is a reasonable choice since it's an island underwater

I'm astonished by the fact that everything is sooooo huge underwater. At first I thought that Kraken was giantic, but here we have Sea Monsters of the same size (it seems that Caribou is still just a rookie with logia), and not to mention size of Vulcano and fisherman island Oo

Gotta love Sanji's determination - see him exploding after almost dying form imagination XD
Old 2010-12-09, 19:07   Link #37
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm really interested in how Oda will address the Fishmen politics towards humans, because clearly there is dissent even amongst the Fishmen themselves. Tom, Fisher Tiger, and Jimbei, are examples of those who can tolerate/co-exist with humans. On the other side of the coin, we have elitist snobs like Arlong, Van Der Decken, and Hammond, who indulge in depriving humans of their valuables and preying on the weak and innocent. A nice contrast has been established here, and hopefully Oda delves further into this conflict.

Also, judging by how little influence Jimbei seems to have at Fishman Island, I have a sneaking suspicion there is going to be an enemy who is even more powerful than him. Many of the locals have probably already converted to this guy's anti-human ideology, which would render Jimbei powerless to overthrow his reign.
Old 2010-12-09, 19:27   Link #38
spandy15

First of all: the fishman. Fisher Tiger had no love for human; he only saved Hancock and her sisters because they were slaves (ch. 521, page 15). We don't know if Van der Decken and his crew are even fishmen yet, let alone if they hate humans. Also, judging from what the fishman have been living through in the past, I can hardly blame them for disliking and even despising people in general. Arlong is a good example for me, because I personally don't see him as an "elitist snob"; my hypothesis is that he was one of the slaves rescued from Mariejoa by Fisher Tiger, and subsequently joined him. If this were true, I would be surprised if he had any love for humans, seeing as what he would have had to go through by the hands of the Tenryuubito. This is all hypothesis, of course, but it makes sense to me, at least.

Secondly: Caribou. Did everyone forget that he is still on the Thousand Sunny and a prisoner of the SH. It seems to me that, when the SHs enter Fishman Island, Caribou will finally burst out of his barrel prison, almost die of shock due to the survival of the Monster Trio and the taming of the Kraken, and hear everyone else comment about how they completely forgot about him. Also, I believe that most, if not all, of Caribou's crew, including Coribou, survived and will arrive at Fishman Island later. It would be a bonus if they arrived on the Flying Dutchman, as well.

:crazy:
Old 2010-12-09, 19:45   Link #39
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Fishmen Island and fishman beatdown, here we come.

This should be good. Assuming those fishmen try to start something, I suspect beatings will commence. Granted, they did apparently tame the kraken, so they could be tough, but they'll probably be a bump on the way to the main threat of this arc.
Old 2010-12-09, 20:26   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandy15 View Post
First of all: the fishman. Fisher Tiger had no love for human; he only saved Hancock and her sisters because they were slaves (ch. 521, page 15). We don't know if Van der Decken and his crew are even fishmen yet, let alone if they hate humans. Also, judging from what the fishman have been living through in the past, I can hardly blame them for disliking and even despising people in general. Arlong is a good example for me, because I personally don't see him as an "elitist snob"; my hypothesis is that he was one of the slaves rescued from Mariejoa by Fisher Tiger, and subsequently joined him. If this were true, I would be surprised if he had any love for humans, seeing as what he would have had to go through by the hands of the Tenryuubito. This is all hypothesis, of course, but it makes sense to me, at least.
Fisher Tiger wasn't a dick like Arlong, though. Despite his hatred, he didn't try to impose any oppression on humans. Doing so would make him no better than the World Nobles. He didn't have to save those human slaves if he didn't want to, but he still chose to free them. Clearly he possessed integrity, honor, and morals.

It is presumptuous on my part that Van Der Decken and his crew are fishmen, but that's what I personally believe. Oda may very well prove me wrong in due time, though.

Arlong is definitely an elitist snob. He constantly boasts about his race being superior to the inferior weak humans. He looks down on them and is a bully by using extortion to get what he wants.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion