AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 03:52   Link #821
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Spoiler for ep02:
I think its limited to what you remember, other wise if you can make anything you imagine we would be seeing gundams running around.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 04:38   Link #822
kyosak
poo

So a scene from this show actually got a chuckle out of me, lol. That scene when Hinata fell off climbing up Yuri. xD

Overall pretty entertaining episode. Big improvement over the 1st. Though I feel like the pacing in this show is waaaaay too fast ... Stuff just keeps happening and I don't really get to digest the info.? I don't know how else to explain it. The pacing just feels kind of awkward.

Oh, and all the traps reminded me of the dungeon crawling in Saya's route from LB, lol.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 04:41   Link #823
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i really like the OP for it's piano theme (it's so Maeda Jun), and the ED is really relaxing in the way the cast appear.

Episode was much better then the second, especially in terms if humor. Yuri's backstory was pretty shocking, and i do wonder how she died.

Now, i wonder which was my favorite death.
Old 2010-04-10, 04:47   Link #824
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

2nd episode was definitely better than the first, and Yuri's past really explains a lot on her motivation it was very interesting, and I really wonder how she ended up dying since suicide seems unlike she would put it off for years, and then do it hope they do tell us that at some point. Some of the comedy worked in the start for me especially them just being so not reacting to TK's sacrifice . Also he is still really reminding me still of Araragi much more than Yuri does of Haruhi .

Also I liked Shiina[Ms. Ninja girl] I think that was her name, she was entertaining though I had a feeling she would be last to "die" besides them from the start. I already commented on my liking of the OP/ED. Best part was easily fight between Yuri and Tenshi for sure with how well Yuri managed to it made wonder how many times in the past have they fought like that?
Lastly Rating so far: 9.5.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 04:54   Link #825
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

TK is the man. He cracks me up everytime he opens his mouth.

That was better than the first episode. I didn't expect we'd see Yurippe's past so soon, and it was shocking as expected. It didn't make me feel much though... maybe because it was so predictable, but I think it could have been handled way better, it was told too fast and too soon.

The dungeon crawling was fun. Ninja girl (Shiina, I think) is now my favourite character after Tenshi. She was very fun in this episode... and I love where she's standing in the ED

And one more thing...

Spoiler for spoilers from the first chapter of the novel:
Old 2010-04-10, 05:02   Link #826
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Eps 2 :

- The OP seriously have a sync problem, mainly the Piano play and make the OP awkward

- SHIT !!! This is Terminator or what ?

- plz get rid amount of a maeda lame jokes, and this show will 100x better.

- I'm very intrigued with Yuri motive to rebel against God, I believe the rest of the squad just want to help Yuri as their own goals.
Old 2010-04-10, 05:38   Link #827
rumia
普通の魔法使い

well...agree with you,episode 2 was better

OP,ED sounds well,when I heard it I recalled clannad~

because Maeda is a galgame/erogame writer ,the character ,dialog,background of the world is more like a erogame than a anime or manga,for I like erogame so it's great for me
and I like Shiina,a black long hair female ninja is so great~beyond that her personality
is interesting~
rumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 07:22   Link #828
Ultra Violet
Not a color

The OP and ED song was great, the song's okay and the animation was cool(Angel playing pianoxD).

Second episode made me wonder how and WHEN Yuri died. I mean, since she said she's the one who first rebelled, her death must have been quite a long time.
Old 2010-04-10, 07:57   Link #829
Hypernova

Well, the robbery happened when there are LCD TV's and then she must have spent a few more years ageing up unless you get that when you get to the school. Still, having her mention that you don't age here is a clear clue by the writers that it must have been quite a while since she came.
Old 2010-04-10, 08:20   Link #830
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
TK is the man. He cracks me up everytime he opens his mouth.
Yeah he's easily my favorite out of the male character. His character could carry so many jokes in each episode.

Also loving the steampunk look of the Guild. Shame it had to be blown up.
Old 2010-04-10, 08:22   Link #831
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The Afterlife Battlefront needs to take more cutting laser trap dodging lessons from Leon S. Kennedy. That is all.

*listens to the OP sequence one more time*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:09   Link #832
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for spoilers from the first chapter of the novel:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-04-10, 09:17   Link #833
RedWing

TK - Team Killer? I'm totally calling it. : )

Didn't like the OP, or the ED tbh. Episode was OK but just left me with more questions. Are there children in the Afterlife Battlefront? Why are they so scared of Angel? If they can create anything they can imagine then why can't they imagine nukes? Why did they not want Angel to get to their guild if they're gonna blow it up anyway?

Didn't really like the fact that Yuri started the rebellion, seems rather contrived that one teenage girl would be the the first to not do what she's told.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:28   Link #834
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
If they can create anything they can imagine then why can't they imagine nukes?
As I understand from the episode, they can recreate stuff, but only for those things that they know or remember how to create. Hence the cannon they built was a total failure despite their efforts. Had they tried their hands on a nuke they'd have done much, much worse.

Quote:
Didn't really like the fact that Yuri started the rebellion, seems rather contrived that one teenage girl would be the the first to not do what she's told.
Given the history of mankind in which a single charismatic person breaks the status quo, and once said person sets the momentum it gets others rolling behind it, it's not really contrived at all. It's just human nature. Yuri was probably just the first person to really want to rebel enough to actually do something about it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:34   Link #835
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

2 episodes in and I'm still waiting for the "Wow" factor.

Whatever this is... this isn't the KEY I remember.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:36   Link #836
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Location: 167 East 51st St, New York, NY, 10022 - N40° 45.4097', W073° 58.2709'
Send a message via MSN to Click This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Well, the robbery happened when there are LCD TV's and then she must have spent a few more years ageing up unless you get that when you get to the school. Still, having her mention that you don't age here is a clear clue by the writers that it must have been quite a while since she came.
In that case, it would make sense if robbery happened in around 2000-2003, Yuri died in 2003-2006, and it would be around 2009-2010 right now.

Click This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:38   Link #837
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
2 episodes in and I'm still waiting for the "Wow" factor.

Whatever this is... this isn't the KEY I remember.
The wow factor got hit by that giant sledgehammer and flew right out of the window.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:43   Link #838
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
As I understand from the episode, they can recreate stuff, but only for those things that they know or remember how to create. Hence the cannon they built was a total failure despite their efforts. Had they tried their hands on a nuke they'd have done much, much worse.
It does beg the question of how they know the details of firearm components given Japanese gun laws
Old 2010-04-10, 09:55   Link #839
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

See? They go explaining how the group gets their weapons, and a bit about Yuri's past. I don't think my faith is unfounded in that every important plot point would be explained by the end of the show.

In any case, maybe the biggest reason why I am into the show would be because how they trivialize death here. No people shouting out dead comrades' names and swearing revenge for them. It's really a breath of fresh air, and it does get the point across very well.

The jokes though on the otherhand, ain't so great. I say just drop it, but who am I to tell them how to do things? XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:15   Link #840
RedWing

The thing is it isn't exactly very hard to rebel. There are no restrictions put on your freedom or any oppression of some sort. There are no punishments or anyone being made an example of.

You just have to not do what you're told.

I don't think that is something that people usually have any problem doing.

Also, although I admit I am reaching somewhat, what are the limits to their creation process? I said a nuke because theoretically the process behind a nuclear reaction is not all that complicated. A Scientist can tell you exactly how a carbon nanotube works/look like, could he build a cable made of them?
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key