AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-21, 11:34   Link #2101
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I should have followed forgottendiary's advice and stayed away from here. I feel violated...

Old 2008-09-22, 19:37   Link #2102
ReddyRedWolf

If NUNS do send reinforcements I'm willing to bet that it Ohgatwhai and 33rd fleet.

Or Quarter already finds them in the neighborhood of Galia 4.
Old 2008-09-23, 12:41   Link #2103
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
wasnt ohgatwhai and his fleet decultured?
Old 2008-09-23, 12:48   Link #2104
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
wasnt ohgatwhai and his fleet decultured?
His advisor was in the parked flagship module. But we suspiciously never saw what happened to Ohgatwhai himself, and the other half of his Queadol-Magdomilla flagship and the rest of his space fleet remains unaccounted for.

It could be a visual DYRL homage if Ohgatwhai is the one who broadcasts a truce with his NUNS authority and orders Frontier and Vajra under Ranka's control to help take out the their common enemy which revealed its hand. Wilder and SMS doesn't have the authority as a renegade civilian 'pirates', it's too heroic a role for the likes of Leon (I expect him to be dead/ousted before that anyway), and Admiral Perry looks like a tool who needs to be told what to do.

Last edited by glyph; 2008-09-23 at 13:24.
Old 2008-09-24, 09:55   Link #2105
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
If NUNS do send reinforcements I'm willing to bet that it Ohgatwhai and 33rd fleet.

Or Quarter already finds them in the neighborhood of Galia 4.
It'd be good to see more Zents in action.
Old 2008-09-24, 10:53   Link #2106
glyph

Hey, no one has drawn a actual connection between Grace and the Galaxy cabal, have they? If they don't go stupid exposition gloating and incriminate themselves in front of everyone before it's over, they could possibly come out of this smelling like roses even if Grace fails. Assuming Grace doesn't betray them to their doom or the Vajra get them. Maybe they're being set up as recurring villains and/or their plan partially succeeds (not Grace's mad scientist dreams, which may have just been used to get what they want) in the background of the happy happy love love good ending?

I hate it when the confounded thumb twiddling shadow puppeteers get away scot free with the prize.

The reason I ask is that NMC in the preview doesn't look like Macross Frontier. Frontier is all black, isn't it? (Commodore Perry, geddit? ) That NMC seems to have pink highlights, which we know Battle Galaxy has on at least the bridge area, color coordinated with Macross Galaxy,

Last edited by glyph; 2008-09-24 at 11:09.
Old 2008-09-24, 11:57   Link #2107
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post

The reason I ask is that NMC in the preview doesn't look like Macross Frontier. Frontier is all black, isn't it? (Commodore Perry, geddit? ) That NMC seems to have pink highlights, which we know Battle Galaxy has on at least the bridge area, color coordinated with Macross Galaxy,

Are you so sure?
Spoiler for Battle Frontier:
Old 2008-09-24, 12:04   Link #2108
glyph

Quote:
Are you so sure?
Spoiler for Battle Frontier:
Hey! That looks different to the Battle Frontier we saw in the OP! Finalized design? Is that why we've not seen it in storm attacker up to now?

Ah, well, that puts one worry to rest at least. Still, I want to see Galaxy cabal get their comeuppance before the end.
Old 2008-09-24, 12:34   Link #2109
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Hmm, it's the same design as the one in the OP... the only different would probably be the head.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-26, 06:17   Link #2110
ipernorris

Ehi dudes do you have any thoughts about who the other voices we heard talking with Grace are?
Old 2008-09-26, 06:19   Link #2111
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Ehi dudes do you have any thoughts about who the other voices we heard talking with Grace are?
It's stated somewhere they are an executive Macross Galaxy cabal (presumably also cyborgs like Grace) who are backing Grace's plans.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:21   Link #2112
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

What's left for speculation? Ah yes, the movie. Guess we need a new thread for that one.
Old 2008-09-26, 16:49   Link #2113
Tabris

Alto's EX-Gear failed and crashed after the credits

Not Anti-Alto, but LET'S SPECULATE!
Old 2008-09-26, 23:06   Link #2114
ReddyRedWolf

From what we've gathered from Grace about the relationship of the Vajra ans Protoculture is that the Protoculture respected, feared and admired the Vajra.

This leads to theorize about some points seen on Macross Dynamite 7.

copy pasta from MW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Togo
The Protoculture admired, and perhaps even worshiped the Vajra. The APHOS was built to resemble the Vajra queen. Made in her image, so to speak. You'll see when the subs come out.
There's that.

As I've said in another thread while the Mayan origin story is an analogy of our evolution influenced by the Protoculture.

It does not mean it is the same for the Protoculture. Their animism beliefs involving fold capable species. (The Anima Spiritia?)

The Vajra are their Birdman while Vahl Ena or Space Whales are the Fishman.

While the AHPOS bears a resemblance to the Vajra queen, Zentran warships' organic design aesthetic is reminicent of Space Whales.

On Zola the ancient Ancestor writings on Whale bones in the Whale cemetary indicate the Zolans ancestors revered the Great White Whale as a god who cannot die. Existing for millions of years.

Those ancestral writings and illustration could very well be Protoculture itself recording the Vahl Ena migration.

Also note that the three eyed Zolan snake which is always around a Zolan's neck bears a resemblance to the Vajra larva.

Zolan snakes could be legacy of the Protoculture to the Zolans. Since Zolan snakes are telepathic and inteligent enough to read ancient writing.
Old 2008-09-27, 06:42   Link #2115
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

^^^
Mind blowing.
Old 2008-09-27, 09:33   Link #2116
glyph

Quote:
From what we've gathered from Grace about the relationship of the Vajra ans Protoculture is that the Protoculture respected, feared and admired the Vajra.

This leads to theorize about some points seen on Macross Dynamite 7.

copy pasta from MW.

There's that.

As I've said in another thread while the Mayan origin story is an analogy of our evolution influenced by the Protoculture.

It does not mean it is the same for the Protoculture. Their animism beliefs involving fold capable species. (The Anima Spiritia?)

The Vajra are their Birdman while Vahl Ena or Space Whales are the Fishman.

While the AHPOS bears a resemblance to the Vajra queen, Zentran warships' organic design aesthetic is reminicent of Space Whales.

On Zola the ancient Ancestor writings on Whale bones in the Whale cemetary indicate the Zolans ancestors revered the Great White Whale as a god who cannot die. Existing for millions of years.

Those ancestral writings and illustration could very well be Protoculture itself recording the Vahl Ena migration.

Also note that the three eyed Zolan snake which is always around a Zolan's neck bears a resemblance to the Vajra larva.

Zolan snakes could be legacy of the Protoculture to the Zolans. Since Zolan snakes are telepathic and inteligent enough to read ancient writing.
The cause of the Protoculture civil war was they couldn't agree whether Fish (Space Whales) or Birds(Vajra) were more awesome?
Old 2008-09-27, 12:38   Link #2117
Wesley84

If the Vajra ever make another appearance (doubtful), they won't have their evolving ability anymore.
Old 2008-09-28, 04:12   Link #2118
ipernorris

Anyway in episode 25 it's revealed that the Birdman is a copy of the Vajra's queen, because it's shown a frame from Macross Zero where there is the Birdman.
This while Grace was saying that the Protoculture adored, imitated and defied the Vajra. This reveals that:
1) the Vajra are older than the Protoculture
2) the Vajra were, for a lot of time, superior to the Protoculture to the extent they ADORED the Vajra.

Another fact is that the Vajra are still around, while the Protoculture was annihilated by the Protodeviln, the Supervision Army and the Zentradi inner fights. I guess nobody was sucessful in coming out alive from the Vajra's home system...
Old 2008-09-28, 06:36   Link #2119
ReddyRedWolf

Reading the lyrics of the Vajra song not is Ranka's name is in it but also Millia's!

Miria or Millia, In Lunar subs it is millia in Aimo.

Guess during the Stellar Republic the PC already knew of the Vajra.
Old 2008-09-28, 09:22   Link #2120
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Guess during the Stellar Republic the PC already knew of the Vajra.
Yes, well, Grace stated that PC so admired the Vajra that they created a queen in their form.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers