AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-27, 16:57   Link #1061
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

Kanon's great against Siesta 410. You could start with him. Then once you get the hang of the computer's way of fighting, move on to other characters.
Old 2011-01-27, 17:11   Link #1062
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Jump

You can jump over her shots.
Old 2011-01-27, 17:43   Link #1063
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Send a message via MSN to Shirozaki
If you think Siesta is cheap, wait until you meet Lia or Battler.

AuraTwilight:
Congrats, you're a theatergoing witch.

You asshole.
Old 2011-01-27, 18:47   Link #1064
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Universal counter: Assault touch.
Long story short:
Against Siesta: Kanon 214 or Lucifer 214. Generally, her arrows wiff on crouching (except lazy croucher like Beato). You can also counter her using the same tactics (Virgi's gungnir basically slaughter her, so long you have the initiative, etc).

Battler is ridiculously easy to predict as a CPU, as he just jumps ALL THE TIME, so anti air are just ruining the CPU.
Virgilia is much more annoying with candlestick huge hitbox, gungnir et goats, but she is basically unable to deal any harm if you are mid distance.

The real pain are either lucifer or kanon, if you are silly enough to let them combo you with 3SP+ (Kanon will deal a guarantee stun if he has 4-5SP).
So long you keep the pressure, the CPU is generally a joke, even in hard mode.
Old 2011-01-27, 20:46   Link #1065
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
I need some help configuring my Ps3 controller.

When using Xpadder, is there a way to make the left analog stick move the character AND do special attacks? I had it working at one point, but I haven't played in weeks, and now it won't work :/ I've switched to a new keyboard since then, but I don't think that would effect it...
Old 2011-01-27, 21:00   Link #1066
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

yea I tried ducking to avoid the arrows but they just kept flying for a solid minute and i ran out of time and lost >.> if i stood up it would have knocked me back and she just wouldnt stop... I'm doin everything on easy but gettin my ass handed to me lol
on trying to use 410 like the npc, thats impossible, at least for me, cuz the npc is able to use everything instantly but i need to kit like 5 buttons to shoot off one arrow <.< what I need is a macro mod or something that can make it so you can like, press F to activate your meta ability.

When I fought 410 and got pwned it was on the last level of easy arcade with beato and ange, I still havnt mastered anything so I couldnt counter for shit, didnt even know how to block at that time...
Old 2011-01-27, 23:08   Link #1067
xBTAx

Finally started playing today. I now hate Siesta 410. And I haven't even read far enough to have encountered her in the VNs yet...

Anyway, I have a problem and thought you guys might be able to help: I managed to get the game working fine for one controller, but... I'm going to be doing some local multiplayer tomorrow, so I need two. The problem with this is that, well, there's no keyboard controls for the second player! I can get the buttons in fine through the launcher, but I can't get movement working in j2k since there's no keys to bind the pad too.

Can anybody help?
Old 2011-01-28, 21:26   Link #1068
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

So I finally feel confident enough in my abilities to actually beat things on easy, then what do I get as a final boss? Lia and 410... it was IMPOSSIBLE! I refuse to fight those two together until they apply a patch to normalize them and make it so Im not seeing giant spears and hearing FIRE FIRE FIRE up the ass...

And is it just me? or is it easy to pull off all of your moves in training but they almost never go off in arcade... I seem to be able to pull of metas and sps in sequence in training but when I try to do them in arcade I just sweep a broom or kick the air despite doing it exactly the same as I had in training

extending on question above me, how do you set up for second player?
Old 2011-01-29, 01:54   Link #1069
guro
I like ice cream.

Okay finally got a controller going! Now I can actually really play! Does anyone have a list of what pairs to play as to unlock everything?
Old 2011-01-29, 01:56   Link #1070
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Finally started playing today. I now hate Siesta 410. And I haven't even read far enough to have encountered her in the VNs yet...

Anyway, I have a problem and thought you guys might be able to help: I managed to get the game working fine for one controller, but... I'm going to be doing some local multiplayer tomorrow, so I need two. The problem with this is that, well, there's no keyboard controls for the second player! I can get the buttons in fine through the launcher, but I can't get movement working in j2k since there's no keys to bind the pad too.

Can anybody help?
I don't think it's possible. The developers had controller use in mind when making the game. After all, they did forget to map a menu button for the keyboard in the first incarnation.
Old 2011-01-29, 01:59   Link #1071
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
I don't think it's possible. The developers had controller use in mind when making the game. After all, they did forget to map a menu button for the keyboard in the first incarnation.
But... how do they expect the second player to move, then?

That's what I'm confused about, really... why do we have to map the stick using j2k?
Old 2011-01-29, 02:08   Link #1072
The Bloodlust Kid

Wait, I just read your comment more carefully. They are two separate controllers right? Wish I could help you with that because I'm using a dual PS2 adapter. I assumed the keybinding was automatic though.
Old 2011-01-29, 02:40   Link #1073
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Hm.. this is "new"... Seems like they were added with the 1.01 update - I should've paid more attention to the change list or whatever.

The POV and XY options there. Seems like it's one or the other, but selecting POV means I can only use the directional buttons on my PS3 controller. Whereas selecting XY means I can only use the analog stick to move.

So if you're fine with only using one or the other, there's no need to map the joystick.
Old 2011-01-29, 03:44   Link #1074
The Bloodlust Kid

Is it me or is the Battler/Lucifer combo as hard as Unlimited Hazama?
Old 2011-01-29, 05:02   Link #1075
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Ronove is almost completely useless.
Old 2011-01-29, 11:28   Link #1076
Milfeulle9001

Poor Ronove he gets crappy moves. ( ´A`)

Although, if you do get the counters right most of the time, it can be pretty good.
Old 2011-01-29, 13:51   Link #1077
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Yeah, I found that he's quite good against Eva-Beatrice. You can use his SP counter move when she does her spider-web-drag attack since it's easy to predict when it's gonna hit you.

Otherwise he's a bit harder to use, I struggle to use his rose move with a keyboard.

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Old 2011-01-29, 13:57   Link #1078
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Ronove is almost completely useless.
Actually, if someone is competent enough to use his reversal and shield, he is extremely strong. He is just not beginner friendly at all.

The only change that is required for him, as far as I can see, is some frames and his meta super (they should decrease its damage but turn it into a grab).
Old 2011-01-29, 18:25   Link #1079
legomaple

can anyone translate the patch notes everytime they release a patch?:3 would be awesome:3
Old 2011-01-29, 20:56   Link #1080
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylen View Post
Hm.. this is "new"... Seems like they were added with the 1.01 update - I should've paid more attention to the change list or whatever.

The POV and XY options there. Seems like it's one or the other, but selecting POV means I can only use the directional buttons on my PS3 controller. Whereas selecting XY means I can only use the analog stick to move.

So if you're fine with only using one or the other, there's no need to map the joystick.
This worked great, so thank you! I noticed those options before, but besides knowing that they probably referred to movement, had no idea what they actually meant. I had my fightstick set for POV movement while also having it set to move like the left analog stick, so that's why I had to use j2k to use it in single-player and why it didn't work automatically as P2....
Closed Thread