AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 5.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 7.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-11, 14:35   Link #161
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Welp, that episode was incredibly dumb.

Shu going from make believe badass, to loser, to psychopath...all within the same episode. Nice.

Inori lost her mind? Whatever...

The only thing this series has managed to do successfully is kill off characters in the order I like them the most.

3/10
Old 2012-02-11, 14:58   Link #162
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
The only thing this series has managed to do successfully is kill off characters in the order I like them the most.
You liked Dan Eagleman the most?
Old 2012-02-11, 15:16   Link #163
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Lets not include the side characters I can barely remember.

Gai > Hare > Iincho
Old 2012-02-11, 15:27   Link #164
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I really wanted to punch Shu ... hard ... several times. I know it's been hard on him and that times are tough, but to actually go and become such an asshole is just ...
I actually prefer him like that. He may be an asshole, but he's a decisive asshole. He's made his choice, and he's accepted the consequences. If people die (and they already have), it'll be because of an honest mistake or some unfortunate circumstance. It won't be because he flip flopped on a decision five seconds after he made it or just half-assed it.
Old 2012-02-11, 18:15   Link #165
HelpeRX

Re

I have a feeling next episode from last Shu will be like hmm Argo lets test thing lets see what happens when I break your void. I really hope he doest kill argo
Old 2012-02-11, 18:28   Link #166
silvercover
Romance Expert

making the F-class a slave to do all of this is stupid considering what happened 2 eps ago.

did they forget that they have tsugumi, who's void can make clones? she could just easily make them do it instead, searching the boat and finding vaccines. heck, they'd be more competent than F-class people, right shoe?
as some people said, its self imposed drama. shoe didnt need to do all of that, he was really doing it for the heck of it. id be understandable if only souta was given but all the others?

really, even when you talked to ayase 3 episodes ago on how you should live with the present and move on with gai's death. oh and also follow what gai wanted her to be aka stay the way you are. so much for those words, shoe.
oh and ayase too, why the heck didnt you mention this fact during that time you slapped shoe to point out how wrong his actions are?
Old 2012-02-11, 18:42   Link #167
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
making the F-class a slave to do all of this is stupid considering what happened 2 eps ago.

did they forget that they have tsugumi, who's void can make clones? she could just easily make them do it instead, searching the boat and finding vaccines. heck, they'd be more competent than F-class people, right shoe?
We don't know the limits of the clones. Or what it costs Tsugumi to make them, or how many she can make.

Quote:
as some people said, its self imposed drama. shoe didnt need to do all of that, he was really doing it for the heck of it. id be understandable if only souta was given but all the others?

really, even when you talked to ayase 3 episodes ago on how you should live with the present and move on with gai's death. oh and also follow what gai wanted her to be aka stay the way you are. so much for those words, shoe.
oh and ayase too, why the heck didnt you mention this fact during that time you slapped shoe to point out how wrong his actions are?
So what? Tell him to be kind because Hare wanted him to be? As far as Shu's concerned, him being kind is what got Hare killed. He learned his lesson. You may think it's the wrong lesson, but he bloody well learned it.
Old 2012-02-11, 19:14   Link #168
Crontica

If they grab their Pitchforks not only will the resulting chaos kill any chance of survival, their fate is sealed if Shuu gets KIA.
Old 2012-02-11, 19:45   Link #169
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
We don't know the limits of the clones. Or what it costs Tsugumi to make them, or how many she can make.
She made a handful of them not long ago, and since when have voids cost anything to use? And I believe she stated that they were exact copies with no limitations compared to the originals.

Last edited by Demi.; 2012-02-11 at 19:57.
Old 2012-02-11, 20:36   Link #170
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Perhaps this is one of the best GC episodes yet. Seeing the Shu from earlier episodes, compare to the one now, is quite a large difference, on the outside at least. Deep inside he still is a person who clings to others for support and comfort.

And it seems Yahiro was pulling quite some strings here and there, starting with his so-called distinctive system, and the new virus strain. Coming episodes are bound to be interesting as we see Shu walk down the path of tyranny, this time not as soft as in this episode, where his tyranny is merely a front, except maybe to his old friend as revenge.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:17   Link #171
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Lets not include the side characters I can barely remember.

Gai > Hare > Iincho
Honestly though, you could've seen the death flags on them half the season before already, with cynics like myself already predicting Hare's death within the first few episodes. It was the Shirley vibe, you know?
Also, Iincho not dead, if you saw the previews.

Sigh, in certain ways, the series has been quite predictable. The whole deal they made out of death by broken void will surely be played next episode where his plan to attack tokyo tower will fall to piece because once the power-drunk SS void users realise they're not indestructible with their voids, whatever semblance of control Shu has over them will disappear as they succumb to fear and panic.

Then, what would happens then? Twist of the day is Gai appears before Shu, and they have a major confrontation about leading people!
Old 2012-02-12, 01:48   Link #172
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

First episode i really enjoyed in quite some time.

I felt it finally put into perspective as to what type of person Shu is. He's an irredeemable coward always looking to take the easy way out with a fragile resolve. Personally i like it, as it no longer feels like i'm being insulted compared to previously where they were trying to draw sympathy from the viewer for Shu's predicaments. It also means that they have a helluva a job in getting the viewer back on Shu's side. it will be intersting to see if they can pull it off.

As for Gai, it was obvious he wasn't dead, i said previously that i was expecting him turn evil. I felt this anime is borrowing elements from the Final Fantasy series and there are quite a few similarities between Gai and your typical Final Fantasy antagonist. Of course the main one being "just when you think you finally killed and beaten the final boss..." etcetera etcetera.

I thought he was just going to become corrupted as time went on. Being what i'm assuming to be cloned and brainwashed to be used as a tool for the goverment forces, means mr Gary Stu still gets to go out in the blaze of glory and his legacy pretty much remains untarnished.

Still with Shu's dictatorship and Gai being back, things are really starting to heat up and it will be very interesting to see how the last six episodes play out.
Old 2012-02-12, 02:37   Link #173
Dark_King

Lightbulb Episode 17

OMG! i just had a breakthrough O_O lol ok to the point. What if that blue thing gai(or someone else) was coming out of was a portal something like what shu went in to fight mana? I know im new here and all but i could be right.
Old 2012-02-12, 02:53   Link #174
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_King View Post
OMG! i just had a breakthrough O_O lol ok to the point. What if that blue thing gai(or someone else) was coming out of was a portal something like what shu went in to fight mana? I know im new here and all but i could be right.
That clealry was some sort of a bathtub(or whatever you call this)
Old 2012-02-12, 04:10   Link #175
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Here's something that's been puzzling me. It's regarding Voids when they are used by their owners. As we know, a person can use their own Void if Shu pulls it out for them and they grab it during the removal process. If they don't, they fall unconscious. However, there are cases where the owner did not fall unconscious even though Shu pulled out their Void without them touching it for some time.

Another thing it that the owner can "put away" their Voids by simply releasing them. The Void then immediately disappears.

However, that is not what we saw with that crossbow girl. Shu pulled out her Void, yet she did not fall unconscious. At the end of the episode, she dropped the Void, but id did not disappear.

I know these things aren't that important, but to me they mean that the writers aren't consistent. If they were, the crossbow girl wouldn't have died, since her Void would have disappeared even before it reached the ground.
Old 2012-02-12, 04:44   Link #176
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Here's something that's been puzzling me. It's regarding Voids when they are used by their owners. As we know, a person can use their own Void if Shu pulls it out for them and they grab it during the removal process. If they don't, they fall unconscious. However, there are cases where the owner did not fall unconscious even though Shu pulled out their Void without them touching it for some time.

Another thing it that the owner can "put away" their Voids by simply releasing them. The Void then immediately disappears.

However, that is not what we saw with that crossbow girl. Shu pulled out her Void, yet she did not fall unconscious. At the end of the episode, she dropped the Void, but id did not disappear.

I know these things aren't that important, but to me they mean that the writers aren't consistent. If they were, the crossbow girl wouldn't have died, since her Void would have disappeared even before it reached the ground.
It's been bothering me for a while too...by right the Void should have just returned into the girl and she would have lived....

I hope there's more to it than bad writing since well, it has quite major implications
Old 2012-02-12, 11:22   Link #177
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineThat View Post
First episode i really enjoyed in quite some time.

I felt it finally put into perspective as to what type of person Shu is. He's an irredeemable coward always looking to take the easy way out with a fragile resolve. Personally i like it, as it no longer feels like i'm being insulted compared to previously where they were trying to draw sympathy from the viewer for Shu's predicaments. It also means that they have a helluva a job in getting the viewer back on Shu's side. it will be intersting to see if they can pull it off.

As for Gai, it was obvious he wasn't dead, i said previously that i was expecting him turn evil. I felt this anime is borrowing elements from the Final Fantasy series and there are quite a few similarities between Gai and your typical Final Fantasy antagonist. Of course the main one being "just when you think you finally killed and beaten the final boss..." etcetera etcetera.

I thought he was just going to become corrupted as time went on. Being what i'm assuming to be cloned and brainwashed to be used as a tool for the goverment forces, means mr Gary Stu still gets to go out in the blaze of glory and his legacy pretty much remains untarnished.

Still with Shu's dictatorship and Gai being back, things are really starting to heat up and it will be very interesting to see how the last six episodes play out.
I too think that Gai is cloned. If you're going to clone someone, might as well add mind control since he was the enemy. He's prob there to subvert Shu's power and to advance Shu's development.

The voids not disappearing when they are released is also prob linked to Shu's advancing development of his powers. Basically, they can fight now until Shu puts their voids back in or they die when their void is broken. They just have to protect their void (weapon, soul) at all times.
Old 2012-02-12, 18:15   Link #178
Crisis
Rock on ^^

So, Argo is dead.
Arisa Kuohin is dead.

Why did Inori kill her? No one told Inori to kill her dammit!

And, why is Shu's mom helping his dad ? I thought she wanted to stop him?

And, Shu ... man, he's just been engulfed by his power! Sigh!

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Old 2012-02-12, 18:41   Link #179
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

^I'm PRETTY sure that Arisa is not dead. And NOBODY can say for sure if Shu killed Argo or not.
Old 2012-02-12, 19:48   Link #180
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

.....I've gone and done something I knew I shouldn't have, I went and watched 5 episdoes of GC in a row.......and yea, a little part of me has died, turned to dust and left me forever

Yet here I am 16 eps in and I can't help but continue to faceplam at the sheer faceplaming value of this series and yet still I know for a fact I'll continue watching till the very end.
I'm surprised I'm actually able to watch this since it's able to keep my face in my palms......hold up then how do I know it's face plam worthy?
What a mystery we have here!
But really just what the hell is it with this seires and the need to continue watching?!

Well Shu finally broke, happened after a longer time than I thought he would but hey, now we can hopefully have some real fun with broken Shu, let loose lad and destroy everything!

And what the hell, Secret Service?
Is that for real?
It's now like a bad retelling of Hitler/WWII and some Lord of the Flies and the theme "stick it to the man".

Gotta admit tho Inori turning to or is already most turned into Crazy Mana, I'm actually liking the idea of(with the expection of killing Arisa)
Crazy Mana is entertaining to watch so hopefully she'll arrive for real soon enough.

You know let's say we take away that "unknown reason why I continue to watch this", from a technical view point this is a poorly done anime, expect with the visals and I'd have probably thrown it away in the bin long ago in fear of my soul disappearing altogether.