AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 13:38   Link #521
Aqua Knight

Preview for the next episode looks awesome.
There will be 24 episodes or 12 , btw?
Old 2012-11-24, 18:16   Link #522
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Preview for the next episode looks awesome. There will be 24 episodes or 12 , btw?
Around 24.

I liked the soliloquies, weird as they sometimes were.

shinigami99 said they thought this the most underrated series of the season. It's certainly one of them. This show has a lot more going for it that it seemed at first.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 21:08   Link #523
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
Does anyone else think Yoshino is the murderer?
Nope.

I think she killed herself and may have been a member of the Exodus mages. There is probably a second sect of wizards that worship the Tree of Exodus exclusively. One of them could be Evangeline. She's holding a spear in the next episode...

Aika died after Hakaze died.

Her death may have been sensed by other mages or one of the trees.

I have no idea where the story can go. Aika could be anyone or no one at all. Her killer may be no one or anyone.

- She could have never existed, she may just be a false memory.
- She could have been member of the Exodus wizards, if they exist
- She could have been be Evangeline or some Wizard in disguise.
- She could still be alive but faked her death.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 08:27   Link #524
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It’s interesting that it’s the words of Laertes that the manga puts in Mahiro’s mouth – seemingly, that would make Yoshino Hamlet and Aika Ophelia, if you want to carry the metaphor to its logical terminus.

While Mahiro fixates on his revenge Yoshino is more concerned with the big picture an must decide which side is in the right – and he must decide when (soon, it seems) to tell Mahiro the truth about he and Aika. Every way I play the endgame scenarios out in my mind, Yoshino is always the main character – he’s Hamlet, and it’s going to be his choices that drive the final act of the play.

As always with ZnT (could any two anime with the same initials be more different?) the atmosphere is off the charts, but the plot is really starting to catch up. Still, the highlight of the episode for me is the gorgeously theatrical scene when the boys break through the barrier and confront Samon. The physical scene matches the emotional turmoil at play – as the bombs and missiles rain down on the magical barrier the Kusaribe have erected, storms swirl on Hakaze’s island and the orchestral soundtrack swells, Mahiro and Samon lob verbal grenades back and forth and take each other’s measure, as Yoshino takes the measure of them both. There was really no reason for Samon to keep pounding his sword hilt on the rock – it’s a rather odd thing to do and serves to practical purpose, a purely stylish touch. But that’s what makes this series so unique, the purely stylish touches. It’s truly beautiful anime, a gorgeous scene with tremendous work by the cast, especially Koyama Rikiya. This was the moment that Samon really came into his own as a character, and he now stands as a much more interesting figure than Hakaze for me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 09:38   Link #525
klare

yup Hakaze u are just bones now, everyone is looking at u naked^^

i am guessing Mahiro will say Aika's boyfriend is himself...
Old 2012-11-26, 11:20   Link #526
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

My god....Samon's face as he keeps slamming his sword ground is priceless. What kind of insinuation is that
Old 2012-11-26, 17:55   Link #527
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
yup Hakaze u are just bones now, everyone is looking at u naked^^

i am guessing Mahiro will say Aika's boyfriend is himself...
mmm, I don't think so. I mean, apparently Mashiro knows is place quite well, he said something like "why it had to be you" referring to Aika, i.e. he was saying that he knew that he couldn't have her, but still he was, and is, in love with her. It would be strange to say it, why should he say that? Unless, well, unless he believes it. Unless Aika played with him too. (If she did play with Yoshino is yet to be seen btw).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 04:34   Link #528
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Nope.

I think she killed herself and may have been a member of the Exodus mages. There is probably a second sect of wizards that worship the Tree of Exodus exclusively. One of them could be Evangeline. She's holding a spear in the next episode...

Aika died after Hakaze died.

Her death may have been sensed by other mages or one of the trees.

I have no idea where the story can go. Aika could be anyone or no one at all. Her killer may be no one or anyone.

- She could have never existed, she may just be a false memory.
- She could have been member of the Exodus wizards, if they exist
- She could have been be Evangeline or some Wizard in disguise.
- She could still be alive but faked her death.
All we for sure know is that they have a body, found on the island, that's roughly the same build as Hakaze and is female. With a 2-year time difference, there's a whole world of possibilities. Especially depending on the "how 'hard' is the timeline?" question is answered. If it's strict, that means Hakaze just has to get a body at the island, so it doesn't have to be her. Given the time framing, it still could be Aika's body. Heck, Hakaze could end up being the one to kill Aika (for whatever reason it becomes necessary), as we know its a unknown Kusaribe mage that killed Aika.

There's so many open options, we really just have to wait and see. I honestly don't know what might end up happening.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 10:54   Link #529
Bern-san

Summaries for episodes 9 and 10
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-28, 18:23   Link #530
romcom89

Zetsuen 2 cour???

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/13wv3.jpg

Bottom Middle section are the 2 Cour Animes of Fall 2012 and Zetsuen is listed there
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 23:18   Link #531
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by romcom89 View Post
Zetsuen 2 cour???

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/13wv3.jpg

Bottom Middle section are the 2 Cour Animes of Fall 2012 and Zetsuen is listed there
Yes, Zetsuen is two cour. How many times has this been asked already.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 15:41   Link #532
ookamigirl

That must have sucked... Poor Hakaze...
Samon may be playing all of them.
At least now that she knows what happens to her she may be able to change it.
After all that info, Mahiro still pursued his own agenda.
Yoshino taking the initiative was a surprise.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 16:26   Link #533
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
The faces of Samon were simply priceless, I give him credit for trying to take control of the situation but Yoshino has other plans.

I was also relieved that Yoshino just didn't throw away Hakaze as easily as Mahiro did. Have a heart Mahiro!

Interesting to see what Yoshino's theory will be.
Old 2012-11-29, 16:40   Link #534
LKK

If I remember right, this episode was the first time The Tempest was explicitly referred to.

As often happens in this show, it's the offhand throwaway lines that catch my attention. In today's episode, the offhand line was Yoshino's line alluding to Ariel and Caliban, the air sprite and the monster, and his wondering if they were players in this situation. Yoshino's line got me to thinking. Are Ariel and Caliban going to show up? If so, then who would they be? Mahiro and Samon? Or perhaps Evangeline and long-haired mage?? Also I wonder if The Tempest actually provides the source of Yoshino's theory to save Hakaze? Maybe I'll reread The Tempest before next week and see if I can divine any clues from it. Or maybe I'll reread The Tempest just for the heck of it. It's been a while since my last visit to that play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
The faces of Samon were simply priceless, I give him credit for trying to take control of the situation but Yoshino has other plans.
You're so right. Samon's expressions as his plans were turned topsy-turvey were comic gold. There are more things in heaven and earth, Samon, than are dreamt of in your logic, so to speak.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2012-11-29 at 16:45. Reason: added quote comment
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 16:56   Link #535
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Damn that was another great episode. I love how this all being set up.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 17:21   Link #536
Bern-san

This episode was beautifully adapted, they even kept Samon's monologues.
And to think they would use Bethoveen's song for the Tempest flashback, it was a nice touch.

now you know why the ending sung by Aika is called happy endings
Old 2012-11-29, 17:25   Link #537
mistress_kisara

Oh man this is just awesome! and ROFL to Samon's WTF face
Images
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 17:36   Link #538
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Oh man this is just awesome! and ROFL to Samon's WTF face
Images
Poor Samon, he just can't handle the screwy minds of Mahiro and Yoshino.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 18:00   Link #539
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
You're so right. Samon's expressions as his plans were turned topsy-turvey were comic gold. There are more things in heaven and earth, Samon, than are dreamt of in your logic, so to speak.
Yeah, poor guy. His problem is that he's reasonable, and cares about the world.

Well, I can't speculate because I'm a manga reader, but what do you guys think is going on?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 18:17   Link #540
Arya

Another great episode, even greater if you think that they stayed at the same place for the whole episode By the way, how many cours ZnT has? No, ok, joking. But given all the tension of the end of the first cour I don't know how they will go on. Or go back, because given how they are handling time, narrative-wise and even plot-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if the second cour would go back to the past instead of going forward. But this is a mere pointless guess of mine. We need to know first if the world will be destroyed (rebuild) or not. But given all the efforts of Aika and the role of Hakaze supposedly it will not. So the next question would be, will Yoshino reveal to Mashiro his true identity before the end of the first cour? That seems more like a rhetorical question

Anyways, Aika keeps giving her mastermind vibes, like she prepared, "subliminally", Yoshino for this very moment; like she had worked all that time to put him as Mashiro's backup or consience. But for which purpose? to save the world or to save Mashiro?

Oh, forgot to say how good they are in trolling with the previews.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen