Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-18, 17:46   Link #4301
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Bad End 4: Melty Blood. v=RhrPeITkF28

While men are dissolved by Sakura, women are eaten by Zouken, sucked by Rider and drained by Caster. I'm sure Rider's not going to be picky with blood...
Old 2013-06-18, 17:49   Link #4302
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
The confusion came from Melty Blood also being the name off the Tsukihime fighting game.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 17:50   Link #4303
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
The confusion came from Melty Blood also being the name of the Tsukihime fighting game.
Yeah I know. I expected Rider to drink blood regardless of gender.... maybe I should ask Nasu if I ever see him.
Old 2013-06-18, 18:03   Link #4304
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
What? Is that supposed to link to a Youtube video or something?

Quote:
While men are dissolved by Sakura, women are eaten by Zouken, sucked by Rider and drained by Caster. I'm sure Rider's not going to be picky with blood...
Well, if she needs to live then I doubt she'll be picky, no. If she's just drinking it for fun she might be, however....

And, like I said, Shirou is definitely an exception to Rider's lesbian tendencies. She is very definitely interested in him sexually, although she won't go after him because she cares too much for Sakura.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 19:01   Link #4305
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
What? Is that supposed to link to a Youtube video or something?

Well, if she needs to live then I doubt she'll be picky, no. If she's just drinking it for fun she might be, however....

And, like I said, Shirou is definitely an exception to Rider's lesbian tendencies. She is very definitely interested in him sexually, although she won't go after him because she cares too much for Sakura.
It was.

Yeah, sadly he's an exception to the blood drinking.
Old 2013-06-19, 10:19   Link #4306
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well to be fair is not like Shirou is that masculine in any case.
Old 2013-06-20, 13:05   Link #4307
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

Isn't Hallow Ataraxia for fanservice? Or is there some seriousness in the game like in F/SN? I have the full game and completed patch.
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:57   Link #4308
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouretsu View Post
Isn't Hallow Ataraxia for fanservice? Or is there some seriousness in the game like in F/SN?
From my understanding it is a fan-disk, but some of what happens in it is canon more or less, or at least it gives more insight in some characters and events.

Quote:
I have the full game and completed patch.
There is a translation patch but only 96.8% of the game seems to have been translated and not everything has been proof read yet. The current estimation for when all of it will done is by Christmas.

Source: "Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. Translation will be finished when its finished, stop asking" thread

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-06-20 at 15:19.
Old 2013-06-20, 14:10   Link #4309
GDB

Note, canon as canon gets in a series with multiple realities. FHA, from my understanding, is a fourth route rather than an extension of any of the previous three (though seems to take a lot from HF).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:31   Link #4310
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouretsu View Post
Isn't Hallow Ataraxia for fanservice? Or is there some seriousness in the game like in F/SN? I have the full game and completed patch.
I think it's mostly fanservice, but the characterisation is canon and it does have some genuinely useful information, as well as a vaguely important plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Note, canon as canon gets in a series with multiple realities. FHA, from my understanding, is a fourth route rather than an extension of any of the previous three (though seems to take a lot from HF).
Actually, it's a mix of all three routes that basically gives the happiest situation possible for the good guys. So, it doesn't so much follow HF as it is that it includes the elements of HF that are necessary for Rider, Sakura and Rin to be happy, which is quite a bit.

I also don't think the story itself is canon, but the characterisation, backstory etc definitely is.
Old 2013-06-20, 23:38   Link #4311
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Saber can walk/run through water like there was none (it seems).
Old 2013-06-21, 12:40   Link #4312
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Oh yeah, Saber and her Jesus like powers. Odd to say the least but it does make for some good scenes in FZ so is ok.

I think it has to do with the lady of the lake but I call bullshit on that one. If you want to run over the sea either you are Jesus or Posidon, there is no in between-
Old 2013-06-21, 12:46   Link #4313
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

She didn't run over the pool's water, she ran right through it.

But if you are referring to FZ... yeah, I guess she can fly too. Or it's probably her speed (faster than the speed of sound).
Old 2013-06-21, 15:29   Link #4314
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Saber can walk/run through water like there was none (it seems).
Yeah, they even make a joke of it in Hollow Ataraxia. Shirou has to teach Saber to swim....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I think it has to do with the lady of the lake but I call bullshit on that one. If you want to run over the sea either you are Jesus or Posidon, there is no in between-
Why should Poseidon have the ability to grant the ability to walk on water but other water spirits (like the Lady of the Lake) don't...?
Old 2013-06-22, 11:11   Link #4315
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Saber can run over the water and even stand on top of it. That is Jesus… or Naruto now I think about it.

And the reason will be that Poseidon is a god, the god of the sea no less, not some lady in a lake. Think about it. Berserker is Hercules, right? And his that is Zeus, so if Hercules is real since he isn’t a fake spirit that means Zeus is real so his brother Poseidon should be real as well. And in my book gods win to spirits. The Servants don’t count because all of them are demigods at best and those never end well.
Old 2013-06-22, 11:15   Link #4316
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Saber can run over the water and even stand on top of it. That is Jesus… or Naruto now I think about it.

And the reason will be that Poseidon is a god, the god of the sea no less, not some lady in a lake. Think about it. Berserker is Hercules, right? And his that is Zeus, so if Hercules is real since he isn’t a fake spirit that means Zeus is real so his brother Poseidon should be real as well. And in my book gods win to spirits. The Servants don’t count because all of them are demigods at best and those never end well.
That doesn't mean there can't be more gods of the sea or other entities who can give someone the power to stand on water.
Old 2013-06-22, 13:50   Link #4317
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Oh yeah, Saber and her Jesus like powers. Odd to say the least but it does make for some good scenes in FZ so is ok.

The Lady of the Lake gave her a blessing, I think there is even an entry of it under her skills in those F/Z stat screen pages.

Vivian was a Fae, a spirit of nature, so her giving a mortal that ability is not that farfetched. Lancelot has Fae blessings as well.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 17:13   Link #4318
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I believe that the Lady of the Lake is also a God, or similar....
Old 2013-06-22, 17:33   Link #4319
GDB

According to actual lore (rather than TypeMoon lore), she appears to just be a human or otherwise slightly supernatural being trained by Merlin who gains or has the title of Ruler of Avalon. It seems to imply she's very much mortal, so I don't know if I'd give her a label similar to a god.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 18:06   Link #4320
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
According to actual lore (rather than TypeMoon lore), she appears to just be a human or otherwise slightly supernatural being trained by Merlin who gains or has the title of Ruler of Avalon. It seems to imply she's very much mortal, so I don't know if I'd give her a label similar to a god.
She must at least have some supernatural power, since she is able to give Arthur Excalibur and also set conditions on it (like it needing to be returned on his death).

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel