AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-02-04, 09:33   Link #221
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysth View Post
After re-reading book 3 I don't understand why the devils from book 4 on have no more problem being near the holy swords?
Can someone explain this to me?
What Devils do you have in mind ?

If you mean Ise, his Ascalion was specially prepeared to not harm him, using some kind of special ritual on it.

If you mean Kiba, he has an SC ability that lets him create Holy Swords, and since he's a Devil, he probably produced them in a way, that wouldn't harm him.

If you mean Xenovia, she is a natural wielder of Durandal, which is an ability that she retained when she was reincarnated into a Devil.

Apart from that, I don't remember anyone else, using Holy Swords in combat... also it's not like just the presence of Holy Swords is harmful to Devils, they only are hurt by them, if they try to use an unpreapered Holy Sword or if they get injured by a Holy Sword.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 10:22   Link #222
Wysth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
What Devils do you have in mind ?

If you mean Ise, his Ascalion was specially prepeared to not harm him, using some kind of special ritual on it.

If you mean Kiba, he has an SC ability that lets him create Holy Swords, and since he's a Devil, he probably produced them in a way, that wouldn't harm him.

If you mean Xenovia, she is a natural wielder of Durandal, which is an ability that she retained when she was reincarnated into a Devil.

Apart from that, I don't remember anyone else, using Holy Swords in combat... also it's not like just the presence of Holy Swords is harmful to Devils, they only are hurt by them, if they try to use an unpreapered Holy Sword or if they get injured by a Holy Sword.
I know about that, although I have my doubts about Xenovia (but that doesn't matter now). No what I mean is this
Quote:
Weird. Buchou is a bit weird lately. Or is it that she has the desire to keep her servants only to herself? Is it the same as people who gets disturbed when their pets are tamed by another person? Even if I am adored by Buchou, I still am just a servant to her. Sob…If I am getting troubled by just one girl like this, then my dream of becoming a Harem-king is far away! Shit! Is the reason why I wasn’t popular with girls related!? A maiden’s heart! It’s so complicated! If I don’t understand this, then I will never win against the good looking guys! I was thinking like this till we reached my house. When I tried to open the front door, I felt something bad.
SHIVER…
What is this? It felt like there was a signal within my body forewarning me of danger. I felt a similar feeling like this before. If I remember, it was the time when I met Asia for the first time and took her to the Church. When I saw the Church, my body trembled.
This is from book 3. Wenn being near the holy swords is enough to give them both this feeling.

Furthermore in book 14 Ise also feels uncomfortable to be near Kibas new dragon slayer sword. So the effect should still be the same for holy swords too.
Old 2013-02-04, 10:42   Link #223
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysth View Post
I know about that, although I have my doubts about Xenovia (but that doesn't matter now). No what I mean is this

This is from book 3. Wenn being near the holy swords is enough to give them both this feeling.

Furthermore in book 14 Ise also feels uncomfortable to be near Kibas new dragon slayer sword. So the effect should still be the same for holy swords too.
Personally, I think that scene was about Ise's and Asia's instincts wearing them that an exorcist is nearby, rather then wearing them about the presence of Holy Swords - after all, if you haven't forgotten, Ise had the same feeling in volume 1, when Freed was introduced for the first time, and at that moment, he hadn't had any Holy Swords with him.

And regarding Ise's feelings about Kiba's dragon slaying sword, remember that at that time, Ise already is, at least partially dragon, and the instincts of a dragon, might be a little different then a Devils.
Old 2013-02-04, 12:17   Link #224
Wysth

True about the exorcist part but if you read this quote
Quote:
The woman with blue-hair and green mesh got her weapon, which was covered in cloth, and revealed it to me. What appeared was a long sword.
“This is Excalibur.”
[CHILLS].
The moment I looked at it, I felt as if every pore on my body opened and felt something really cold running through my body. Fear. Shiver. Awe. I became really scared from a single sword. This is dangerous. It is seriously dangerous. Even I understood that a devil would die instantly just from its touch! Is this a holy-sword? Is this the ultimate weapon to kill devils?
This suggests that they truelly get "damage" from these swords. The dragon slaying sword is good against dragons the holy swords are good against devils, I just put this in because it reminded me of how Ise and Asia felt uncomfortable.
Old 2013-02-04, 13:22   Link #225
cyberdemon

Their instincts as a Devil are just warning them of the abilities of the sword and the dangers it possesses. Just being close to such a sword wouldn't cause problems. It's only when they are cut by it that they are in trouble. Humans would feel the same way if a gun is pointed at them even if the gun hasn't been fired yet. It's simply the danger they are feeling, not the damage.
Old 2013-02-04, 16:26   Link #226
breno.m.fis

Correct, the devil instincts warned them about the danger that the sacred aura of the sword represented. A holy sword deals damage to a devil if he is cut by the aura of sacred sword, either by a physical cut or only the aura, a cut by the blade without sacred aura does not cause serious damage. The swords in possession of the Gremory Group not cause damage by contact probably because of the sword loyalty, although any of them still receive damage if take an attack of these swords.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 17:43   Link #227
Wysth

Thx for explaining, I guess I was wrong about the damage done from holy swords.
Old 2013-02-13, 06:55   Link #228
Smillie

Hi,

Excuse me for my language.... I am french...

I have a question. We know that Rias love Issei at the end of Tome 2. But I would know when exactly, she really love Issei?

After that Issei save Rias, or a little bit before the rating game : when they are in Stage?
Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 07:11   Link #229
Soji

^ We talk about this some time ago.
If I recall right most of us agree that Rias start to fall for him before the Rg again Raizer when Isse ask her why she does not want to marry Raizer and after she explain why Isse tell her that *Rias is Rias*(well...the way he call her that time).
Of course the Rg and when he save her make her love him more.
So yeah,was vol 2.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-02-13 at 07:58.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 07:15   Link #230
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smillie View Post
Hi,

Excuse me for my language.... I am french...

I have a question. We know that Rias love Issei at the end of Tome 2. But I would know when exactly, she really love Issei?

After that Issei save Rias, or a little bit before the rating game : when they are in Stage?
Personally I think that she started falling in love with him,during the scene, when Rias and Ise have been talking with each other, late in night, during the training, before the Rating Game against Raiser - when he told her, that he sees her as Rias not as "Rias from the clan of Gremory".

At least that's, what caused Rias, in my opinion, to begin falling in love with Ise.
Old 2013-02-13, 07:39   Link #231
Smillie

Thank for your reponse.

I agree with you and I thought like you.

For Issei who don't see the feel of Rias , remember someone^^

I hope my language are better diring the time, because I stay here ( in the only forum who speak DxD)
Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:32   Link #232
WILD_LION

Is true that irina says that she wants babies with isse?

In what part?
WILD_LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:01   Link #233
sky black swordman

^ It's true, Irina does want to have babies with Issei, now. In the beginning this wasn't the case, Xenovia pretty much put the idea in her head that if she gave birth to Issei's babies they could contribute and increase heaven's battle potential in the future. Which is possible since the children's father is the Sekiryūte. She also thinks that having Issei's babies is something that Michael wants.

This starts in volume 9 chapter 3.
Old 2013-06-06, 00:10   Link #234
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

About the traitor in that let the magicians into the school, I thought that the magicians got in because Euclid, who is Grayfias younger brother and has a similar aura, let them in? Am I wrong? I thought the traitor thing was proven wrong because of that?
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 05:16   Link #235
sky black swordman

^ No, you are right. So there really is no traitor.
Old 2013-06-06, 13:38   Link #236
WILD_LION

this arc is about vampire and magicians, and supposedly gasper will control his powers in this vampire battle, but i am in a confusion, supposedly there are two vampire fraction, Men and Women.

What fraction is the traitor who join Khaos and lose the rules using the grial to power up and attack innocents?

Supposedly Valerie Tepes is Head of the House of Tepes and leader of the Tepes Faction, a male-dominated Vampire faction.

What Faction will visit Rias?

Or maybe the hope of Gasper that Valerie is forced against her will is false and the time and events change her to another person or maybe she is controled like Yasaka?
Old 2013-06-06, 14:13   Link #237
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I wonder if Valerie will be the villain here... Perhaps a fight against Gasper, that might be interesting.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:31   Link #238
WILD_LION

well, if Valerie will be the villain, this event can change the story in many senses.
For example, if Valerie will be the villain, isse could save Gasper who is trying to convince her to return with him, or Isse could convince her using the between, etc.
Old 2013-06-18, 18:06   Link #239
WILD_LION

Does it means that this Vampire arc is the laaaaaasst:????????????
Something like an Evil Dragon smells like they were added in quite late! Maybe you might be thinking like that when you were reading it, but I just used the secret setting which I thought I wasn’t going to use. That’s because I didn’t expect it to continue this far…… But please be rest assured. Even if Shiva arc doesn’t become possible, fourth story arc will end properly like how it should. I have already decided on the last part of the fourth story arc. If I was able to write the Shiva arc, please think of it as the extra stage. At the end, it will depend on the support of all of you……so I will continue to write.

And Gasper will be the MC in VOL 16???????????
Now then, I’m thinking of making Xenovia and others take the main role after this, but I’m thinking of having Gasper take the main part next time. Kiba also had the main role in Volume 3, so I will be using this opportunity to talk about his story since it will be unfair if Gya-suke doesn’t have one as well.
Old 2013-06-18, 20:23   Link #240
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
this arc is about vampire and magicians, and supposedly gasper will control his powers in this vampire battle, but i am in a confusion, supposedly there are two vampire fraction, Men and Women.

What fraction is the traitor who join Khaos and lose the rules using the grail to power up and attack innocents?

Supposedly Valerie Tepes is Head of the House of Tepes and leader of the Tepes Faction, a male-dominated Vampire faction.

What Faction will visit Rias?

Or maybe the hope of Gasper that Valerie is forced against her will is false and the time and events change her to another person or maybe she is controlled like Yasaka?
The Vampires didn't joined Khaos Brigade, this is their internal war. And the Carmilla Faction already visited the Gremory group in Volume 14, it is Rias that went to visit the House of Vladi. We still don't know about Valerie's case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Does it means that this Vampire arc is the laaaaaasst:????????????
Something like an Evil Dragon smells like they were added in quite late! Maybe you might be thinking like that when you were reading it, but I just used the secret setting which I thought I wasn’t going to use. That’s because I didn’t expect it to continue this far…… But please be rest assured. Even if Shiva arc doesn’t become possible, fourth story arc will end properly like how it should. I have already decided on the last part of the fourth story arc. If I was able to write the Shiva arc, please think of it as the extra stage. At the end, it will depend on the support of all of you……so I will continue to write.

And Gasper will be the MC in VOL 16???????????
Now then, I’m thinking of making Xenovia and others take the main role after this, but I’m thinking of having Gasper take the main part next time. Kiba also had the main role in Volume 3, so I will be using this opportunity to talk about his story since it will be unfair if Gya-suke doesn’t have one as well.
Ishibumi just mentioned that he already decided on the last part of the fourth story arc, not the end of the series. And what is wrong about placing a Volume on Gasper.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxd