AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 235 73.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 67 20.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 2.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-15, 09:38   Link #181
Chase

I reserve the right to take my post back for future reference
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:38   Link #182
Galerian

He did get hit by a piece of rock in this ep though. Not very lucky.

Then again, it saved him from being at bad place in a bad time; so...lucky!
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:39   Link #183
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Well, i think that's a good kill ratio, one dead gundam meister for how many U.N casualties?

I think the U.N will definitely classify this assault as a failure, there will be political fallout from this, that will be certain.

i wonder if it will be enough to shatter this union?
Old 2008-03-15, 09:41   Link #184
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Dam such an emotional end ;___;
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:44   Link #185
LuMiZu

Just finished watching the RAW. I have to agree this is the best episode yet, especially during Lockon's final monologue. Its so powerful and emotional....there goes my favourite character
LuMiZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:45   Link #186
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
rofl......
Oh, try and remember what it was like before Mason died.

"Commander!"
"Flag Custom!"
"Graham!"
"Darryl."
"Mason."
"Commander!"
"Flag Fighters!"
"Mason, Dutch!"
"Commander"
"Billy!"
"Graham!"
"Gundam..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Maybe flags are BETTER than WOMEN
You know those fem-mecha that inevitably spring up during each gundam series, with girls wearing the MS but showing lots of skin?

For 00, the Custom Flag and regular Flag better be hanging on Graham's soldiers, even as Graham flirts with Fem!Exia.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:49   Link #187
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Damn this gundam series tops my favourite gundam series ever (no 1 still zeta though),
but.. IM IN DESPAIR! ARGHH
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:50   Link #188
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just watched the RAW.... LOCKON!!! WHY!?

*sob* Darn it man... This is too much! Alot of fans are going to cry over this ep...

But one thing's for sure, Lockon fought till the very end. He even managed to snipe his last shot with his right eye. A truly sad death... Though this reminds me of CE abit... Particularly the last part where Setsuna failed to save Lockon.

Seriously, I'm really crying even as I type this reply.... He may be an anime character, but the flashbacks, the music, the aura, the Haro( Though we don't see Haros cry, but repeating someone's name endlessly is much more heartbreaking).... This ep really got me into tears.

There goes the Feldt x Lockon pairing... The Meisters are really going all-out this time. Though I can see that Tieria's chewing out on Setsuna in the preview....

R.I.P Gundam Meister, Lockon Stratos.
*holds up a "bang" gesture*
Old 2008-03-15, 10:20   Link #189
reinloch

Goodbye and good riddance, Lockon Stratos. You won't be missed. The people you killed will be.
Old 2008-03-15, 10:25   Link #190
nero23

This is Gundam. Can we really write off any main character without seeing their body cut in half/impaled by beam saber/head chopped off? Look what happened to Mwu La Flagga. He ended up floating in space without a helmet after Strike blew up. Although I have to admit, it would be lame to bring Lockon back after giving him that nice monologue.
nero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 10:32   Link #191
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero23 View Post
This is Gundam. Can we really write off any main character without seeing their body cut in half/impaled by beam saber/head chopped off? Look what happened to Mwu La Flagga. He ended up floating in space without a helmet after Strike blew up. Although I have to admit, it would be lame to bring Lockon back after giving him that nice monologue.
If that happens... 00 would be f**ked up....
Old 2008-03-15, 10:33   Link #192
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

The only thing that really disturbed me during that flashback.. was that his TWIN brother didn't even look somewhat simmilar to him, one of them was bigger.. and one had darker hair... though in the grave scene we saw they were identical... (maybe this was just to make us tell who Lockon/Neil was.. but it was still weird.. though a very touching scene)
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 10:36   Link #193
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
The only thing that really disturbed me during that flashback.. was that his TWIN brother didn't even look somewhat simmilar to him, one of them was bigger.. and one had darker hair... though in the grave scene we saw they were identical... (maybe this was just to make us tell who Lockon/Neil was.. but it was still weird.. though a very touching scene)
Perhaps because that was his sister (who I believe is named Amy) and not his brother.
Old 2008-03-15, 10:38   Link #194
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
IIRC those on the table was his twin and wee sister. The scene was looked through Lockon's eyes, correct me if i'm wrong.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 10:40   Link #195
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

zetsubou shitaaaaa.... T___T I cried. That was one of the most powerful scenes I've seen in anime. Even though we don't see definitive proof of death and Mwu magically survived being blown up, I have a terrible feeling that Lockon isn't coming back...
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 10:42   Link #196
zalem

That wasn't his twin, that was his little sister. The twin wasn't in the scene at all though there is a plate set up for a fifth person so we can assume he was around somewhere.
Old 2008-03-15, 10:46   Link #197
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Arrow He Wasn't Inside When It Blew Up...

I'm still holding out hope against hope that somehow, Lockon was thrown clear of the blast. I like his character so much I could actually forgive a cheesy resurrection.
Old 2008-03-15, 10:51   Link #198
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

They have done this allready... in Wing and GS/D (twice in GS/D actually), so chances might be a bit higher than just 0

and my bad for the wrong twin asumption.. I kinda forgot about the sis... well I need to watch it again a few more times.. I'll pay more attention to that scene the next time... cause I was all teary eyed the first time t.t
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 10:55   Link #199
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
That wasn't his twin, that was his little sister. The twin wasn't in the scene at all though there is a plate set up for a fifth person so we can assume he was around somewhere.
Yeah, though you have to wonder why the writers didn't include him in the flashback. I mean yeah the plate was shown, and i think there's something much more to it then what we've been shown.
Old 2008-03-15, 10:57   Link #200
Chase

shiroth got the 200th post, hate given
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote