AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 17:16   Link #2021
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Waitwait, so pedophilic comments running across the screen reminds you of Saki?

The only reason people are leaving peropero comments is because they're lolicons and Platinum is in this intro.
actually its more of a running in joke with the nopan itself, since there was massive (leaving it to fans imagination) on whether saki is nopan anime probably more due to sankaku complex.

I did notice that but I'm more amused by the comments more than anything of fans over reacting to loli propaganda , so more or less it's the fans' reaction that reminds me of the series (saki).
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 19:13   Link #2022
p-kun

It will take a hella good director and a hella good writer to make sth as messy as Blazblue into a good anime. I believe good anime staff would stay clear off adapting fighting games when there are better projects out there and so I believe Blazblue anime is a bad idea.

Not insulting BB, but even though the premise is great, the execution in CT and CS is awful: choppy, too many plotholes, asspull, unresolved plots, blah blah. It's ok for fighting game audience, but anime audience will not be so forgiving.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 21:53   Link #2023
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
It will take a hella good director and a hella good writer to make sth as messy as Blazblue into a good anime. I believe good anime staff would stay clear off adapting fighting games when there are better projects out there and so I believe Blazblue anime is a bad idea.

Not insulting BB, but even though the premise is great, the execution in CT and CS is awful: choppy, too many plotholes, asspull, unresolved plots, blah blah. It's ok for fighting game audience, but anime audience will not be so forgiving.
That is pretty much it right there. The most canonical route being of course the True End storyline, but even those would need in-depth explaining because several character storylines are required to fully understand what they're saying. Well not fully since most of Blazblue is still a mystery.

I'd like an OVA atleast.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:01   Link #2024
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post

True, since a lot of BlazBlue fans would go on war if the directors and writers fail to comply with the story, and/or the character designs.
Yeah, BB has so many unresolved plots, but it's still a great game anyway.

And speaking of character designs, I like the designs on Calamity Trigger much better. More serious and accurate than the CS ones.
Old 2010-11-20, 12:47   Link #2025
RenaiCirculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Even if CS' OP was bad, all they're doing for CS2 is adding 4 new characters, a re-balance of the other characters, and probably a few other things as well. I feel that isn't enough to warrant a whole new opening sequence.

But they did it anyway and it's better. So good for them.

TBH, I'd prefer they just start working on BB3 rather than trying to improve CS. But that's just me.
Im guessing they might already be working on BB3 but using BBCS2 as an attempt to fix problems in the balance perspecitive currently in the game, and give them more time to produce BB3. Right now there are a good number of problems with the gameplay balance and mechanic wise, so after BBCS2 is made, they can use that as a refrence of what was good and what was bad so they dont make the same mistakes in BB3.
RenaiCirculation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 00:52   Link #2026
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Even if CS' OP was bad, all they're doing for CS2 is adding 4 new characters, a re-balance of the other characters, and probably a few other things as well. I feel that isn't enough to warrant a whole new opening sequence.

But they did it anyway and it's better. So good for them.

TBH, I'd prefer they just start working on BB3 rather than trying to improve CS. But that's just me.
It's for the arcade version I think, they've always had separate intros for the arcade releases, and really why not is the question I'm going to ask? Not like it's a big budget buster since they're not making a whole new game, in my opinion, and maybe it hurt their prides to see all the complaints. Plus its a good way to promote Asami Imai, like they have been with Kanako Kondou, who are both still relatively new to this whole thing.

Bah, they just released the game last summer, I don't blame them for taking a break and letting this one sink in a little with some minor improvements here and there, as the above mentioned post about using it as a reference point for when they actually do develop BB3
Old 2010-11-22, 15:48   Link #2027
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
That is pretty much it right there. The most canonical route being of course the True End storyline, but even those would need in-depth explaining because several character storylines are required to fully understand what they're saying. Well not fully since most of Blazblue is still a mystery.

I'd like an OVA atleast.
Yeah, an OVA from the novel or the wheel of fortune drama CD (the only canon one) would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
True, since a lot of BlazBlue fans would go on war if the directors and writers fail to comply with the story, and/or the character designs.
Yeah, BB has so many unresolved plots, but it's still a great game anyway.
There are two routes to make BB anime good. One, make it serious, which means taking only the premise and rewriting the story, plugging the plot holes, making up a good closure, etc. I'm afraid that this may require focusing on the main chars (the siblings) and neglecting the secondary characters. Two, make it so bad that it's good ala Sengoku Basara, which means focusing more on flashy fights and fanservice, and less on story/substance. The first one may alienate existing fans, the second one may alienate non-gamers. Either way, you cannot please everyone.

Taking the middle approach is bad, since I believe that it's the main reason why CT and CS story modes feel half-baked and mediocre.
Old 2010-11-22, 17:41   Link #2028
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Hmmm Personally I'm torn between letting it balance itself out in the middle and being okay with them going for the flashy fights and fanservice route.

The problem with the "middle" in my opinion is if the amount of episodes is small then going the "middle" route would be a bad idea, however if the amount of episodes is at least 30 then I can see the Anime doing just fine being serious some times and just being flashy and goofy other times.

Problem with being nothing but flashy fights and fanservice is that it would annoy most original fans of the series, but at the same time it could also make the series fun. ><

Problem with being too serious is that even the game series isn't ALWAYS that serious, it occasionally takes a moment to be light and humorous. That's about the only problems I see with it being too serious.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment

Last edited by DingoEnderZOE2; 2010-11-22 at 18:06.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 08:26   Link #2029
kiak666

I used to think that Hakumen is the most serious character of BlazBlue with his no nonsense attitude but after watching this vid featuring a match with Makoto, I can't take him seriously anymore (see the conclusion of Round 3 if you want to know what I mean ).

Spoiler for Epic WTF?!!:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:39   Link #2030
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Problem with being too serious is that even the game series isn't ALWAYS that serious, it occasionally takes a moment to be light and humorous. That's about the only problems I see with it being too serious.
Sorry if I'm not clear. When I say "serious", I was not referring to light hearted subplots or humors.

What I am trying to say is that ridiculous asspull, deus ex machina, etc need to either go or be built up properly. For instance, the never ending resurrection of Nu, Bolverk revealed as seal for Noel out of nowhere, Hazama saying that everything is just as planned in CS end, etc.

My problem with the game story is that the story is supposed to be dead serious (especially the endings), yet the execution is so full of ridiculous plots that it's hard to take seriously.
Old 2010-11-23, 15:33   Link #2031
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Bolverk had already caused Noel some changes when used before actually revealed as a seal, giving some build for it that it actually had some greater part in the later future. As for Hazama---what the hell, he did 'travelling' all those worlds to see al the possibilty happens. Not to mention to have someone really-not-expected like Bang etc comes out to see him during the ending which then he mentioned to being Continuum Shift's fault; yet after beating Ragna and the others, he never seems to stop 'travelling' all those possibility which, if you think about it, should give you a hint that he's actually planning something.

----I'm sorry, but I fail to see that it's a ridiculous deus ex machina plot

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 16:11   Link #2032
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I have to admit at times BlazBlue's plot is pretty hard to follow, but complexity is usually a good thing and shows just how much the writer has thought everything through.

Plus the universe is surprisingly expansive and developed despite the games taking place in a limited setting and the characters are incredibly diverse and almost covers every trope imaginable.

These are the exact reasons I like BlazBlue and why it's my favorite fighting game series.

I wouldn't mind them trying an anime adaptation and see how they fare with it. If it's not that great then I'll just stick with the games. What is there to lose?
Old 2010-11-23, 17:36   Link #2033
Kazu
Flowing

When is there going to be a part when Sol Badguy comes in and kicks Ragnas ass and ends the series altogether with his badass powers

I'm joking obviously, but do any of you think we'll ever see the GG cast again, I mean besides the fact all BB characters or most are hybrids of them

damn you Sega , why do you need rights for a game you don't even work on any more
Old 2010-11-24, 10:03   Link #2034
Nayim

Sorry to interude, haven't you guys did read these rumor before?:

* The rumor said Blazblue Continuum Shift II is still developing such as Kokonoe & Relius Clover, where these character hinted in new intro. As for Kokonoe, the leaker find something that "Baiken tribute is still unrevealed", probably Kokonoe was based of Baiken if Kokonoe finally as playable character, nether necessary if Kokonoe's gameplay same Baiken fighthing style.

*Many leaker believe if Saya/Imperial from Blazblue CSII as finally true as boss fight but the new intro didn't show her, probably still developing.

source from http://twitter.com/Tokirisan

I think this is just GRAIN OF SALT if you ask me but the intro did show Kokonoe & Relius Clover's debut. Man..i hope it's true >_<
Old 2010-11-24, 20:53   Link #2035
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
orry to interude, haven't you guys did read these rumor before?:

* The rumor said Blazblue Continuum Shift II is still developing such as Kokonoe & Relius Clover, where these character hinted in new intro. As for Kokonoe, the leaker find something that "Baiken tribute is still unrevealed", probably Kokonoe was based of Baiken if Kokonoe finally as playable character, nether necessary if Kokonoe's gameplay same Baiken fighthing style.

*Many leaker believe if Saya/Imperial from Blazblue CSII as finally true as boss fight but the new intro didn't show her, probably still developing.

source from http://twitter.com/Tokirisan

I think this is just GRAIN OF SALT if you ask me but the intro did show Kokonoe & Relius Clover's debut. Man..i hope it's true >_<
So...to sum it up....we're going to have 2 new characters !? Hell yeah, I'm in for this one
I was hoping for Shadow rather than Saya though...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 23:09   Link #2036
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I highly HIGHLY doubt Kokonoe will be a playable fighter. The girl just doesn't seem like the type to be on the front lines and fighting herself. The fact that she uses Iron Tager and Lambda to fight for her just confirms it to me.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 23:47   Link #2037
Kiritsugane
Inquisitor

Kokonoe? Fighting? I guess she could scratch them and verbally abuse them. Although I wouldn't really disclose the possibility of her being a playable character. Probably not, but possibly yes.

The same goes for Saya. What is she going to do? Headbutt with her tiara? Play dead? Attack with pretty words? I can see Relius being a playable character because... well, look at him. He's a buffed-out Phantom of the Opera with a mannequin that can shred you into pieces.

I can see Phantom being a playable character too since we really don't know what it's capability is besides magic, and even then it's heavily implied who Phantom really is.
Kiritsugane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 23:58   Link #2038
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiritsugane View Post
Kokonoe? Fighting? I guess she could scratch them and verbally abuse them. Although I wouldn't really disclose the possibility of her being a playable character. Probably not, but possibly yes.

The same goes for Saya. What is she going to do? Headbutt with her tiara? Play dead? Attack with pretty words? I can see Relius being a playable character because... well, look at him. He's a buffed-out Phantom of the Opera with a mannequin that can shred you into pieces.

I can see Phantom being a playable character too since we really don't know what it's capability is besides magic, and even then it's heavily implied who Phantom really is.
Spoiler for About Saya:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 00:01   Link #2039
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

You know what's a hint at who's gonna be playable in the next game? At the "to be continued" screen after the story mode credits, faintly in the background behind the text there are emblems.

A while ago after seeing that screen again on CT and knowing Tsubaki and Hazama were confirmed for CS, I saw their two character emblems on CT's "to be continued" screen, as well as Mu's.

Same goes for CS, I saw a couple of new emblems there and one of them looked really large. I have a feeling it might belong to Saya.
Old 2010-11-25, 00:04   Link #2040
Kiritsugane
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Spoiler for About Saya:
Spoiler for Resp.:
Kiritsugane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360