AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-15, 00:15   Link #2941
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
I'm really sorry to ask this again but is there anyone that can truly confirm that one of Nanoha's magazines only contains six cartridges? Has anyone seen her load any other cartridges prior to her big payload she unleashed vs Quattro in the Cradle? I'm looking through firearms websites and the average assault rifle magazine size is 30 rounds.
The average assault rifle uses 5.56mm rounds. I think Nanoha's cartridges are bigger than that; IIRC the Barret M82A2 with 12.7mm round has ten bullets per magazine.
Old 2011-02-15, 01:40   Link #2942
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
I'm really sorry to ask this again but is there anyone that can truly confirm that one of Nanoha's magazines only contains six cartridges? Has anyone seen her load any other cartridges prior to her big payload she unleashed vs Quattro in the Cradle? I'm looking through firearms websites and the average assault rifle magazine size is 30 rounds.
According to my contact who has so far proven very reliable in these things, RH's cartridge system has been referred to as "hextuple" on A's DVD Device Card for RH, as well as in the A's DVD Vol. 2 Booklet.
Old 2011-02-15, 02:41   Link #2943
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I think Nanoha has more than six...

At least by StrikerS.

The way I see it...

Nanoha has as many as the plot calls for.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-02-15, 19:18   Link #2944
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
According to my contact who has so far proven very reliable in these things, RH's cartridge system has been referred to as "hextuple" on A's DVD Device Card for RH, as well as in the A's DVD Vol. 2 Booklet.
I don't suppose the booklet has actual information on actual cartridge size? I'm trying to see the justification of loading just six rounds in a magazine that looks like it would fit on an assault rifle and can carry five times the amount easily.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2011-02-15, 19:59   Link #2945
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I don't suppose the booklet has actual information on actual cartridge size? I'm trying to see the justification of loading just six rounds in a magazine that looks like it would fit on an assault rifle and can carry five times the amount easily.
Don't forget: cartridges are huge compared to bullets. Their casings vs the total size of the magazine in a visual check to episode 25's epic Divine Buster of Quattro makes six believable to me. If it's more than eight, there's definitely Hammerspace involved.
Old 2011-02-16, 02:39   Link #2946
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

There have been no large-scale starship-to-starship battles onscreen, right?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-02-16, 02:59   Link #2947
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Well other than the destruction of the Cradle and the destruction of Clyde's ship, no not really.

Force has the best example, right now.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-02-16, 08:28   Link #2948
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
There have been no large-scale starship-to-starship battles onscreen, right?
Until Force, we never even knew TSAB ships has anti-ship cannons
Old 2011-02-16, 10:02   Link #2949
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Don't forget: cartridges are huge compared to bullets. Their casings vs the total size of the magazine in a visual check to episode 25's epic Divine Buster of Quattro makes six believable to me. If it's more than eight, there's definitely Hammerspace involved.
Not entirely...

I'm pretty sure Bardiche's cartridges aren't THAT large.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-02-16, 10:10   Link #2950
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Divine Buster short range use, plot driven flight and teleportation speed, inconsistent healing rate, impractical damage radius of the Arc-en-Ciel...*shrugs*...it won't be the first time the writers are shown to have no sense of scale or ignores them in favor of rule of drama...
Old 2011-02-16, 11:05   Link #2951
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Well other than the destruction of the Cradle and the destruction of Clyde's ship, no not really.

Force has the best example, right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Until Force, we never even knew TSAB ships has anti-ship cannons
Gah. It's impossible to talk combat shop when we have so little to go on. And people wonder why fic writers assume the AeC is primary armament...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-02-16, 12:26   Link #2952
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Well, even if you assume mages are the Bureau's primary offensive force, it's generally be shown that you can't teleport your troops past shields. Thus, the Bureau would have to have a way of bringing those shields down, which would mean a minimum of armament on ships. As far back as Clyde's death, we've seen that the Bureau is aware of the potential of arming ships.

The Arc-en-Ciel and the Augustus main cannon are the only named weaponry, though. We have no idea on secondary weaponry, nor the movement capabilities in a ship-to-ship fight. If a ship like the Wolfram is maneuverable enough to keep bringing it's main cannon around, secondary weaponry wouldn't be as needed. But a weapon that you need to orient the entire ship to point, isn't a real great weapon to depend on, so they'd need something else.

It's not canon, just a fan vid, but there is this Lyrical Wars vid that I draw from (around the 2 min mark). Somewhere in the middle it shows something like Lindy ordering an attack and the Asura fires a bunch of beams. That's the fanon I go by for my ship fights in Future Tense and such. I don't presume actual guns, just parts of the ship that can fire.
Old 2011-02-16, 12:32   Link #2953
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
On a side note, thats vid is so very amusing

Anyways, yeah Macross/Robotech had soo many beams shooting out like that :P classic

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-02-16, 12:57   Link #2954
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
As I said, the booklet supposedly says that RH's clip holds six cartridges. Presumably, this was done to avoid giving Nanoha an edge over Fate, who, thanks to the Rule of Cool, got a revolver-like cartridge system that likewise holds only six cartridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
IIRC the Divine Buster you refer to consumed 5 cartridges in the DVD version. Yes, I actually counted them...
Old 2011-02-16, 13:05   Link #2955
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
IIRC the Divine Buster you refer to consumed 5 cartridges in the DVD version. Yes, I actually counted them...
It did, but there's no telling whether it happens to be full when she does that or not.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:47   Link #2956
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Where were Chrono's children mentioned? Was there any pictures, or just name drops?
Old 2011-02-19, 23:02   Link #2957
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Where were Chrono's children mentioned? Was there any pictures, or just name drops?
There was a picture in one of the StrikerS episodes 16, about 7 minutes in. It was a point where Vivio was with Fate after Nanoha had taken off, and Vivio sees the two pictures of Fate on the desk: one with her posing with Precia, and one posing with the Harlaown family. You can see the twins (and Amy's not-quite enthused look, heh).

As far as names... I don't think they were mentioned in the anime, but probably a sound stage. Someone else might know for sure.
Old 2011-02-20, 06:55   Link #2958
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Another official confirmation of their existence was in StrikerS Sound Stage M, track 4. As for the names, the Japanese wiki lists them in Amy's profile. Apparently, they were revealed in the special issue of Megami Magazine in January 2008.
Old 2011-02-20, 10:10   Link #2959
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Remind me, where was it said that Mid-Childa doesn't have a Home Fleet in place to fend off anyone coming over the hyper limit, ahem, dropping in from the Dimensional Sea (shows who's been reading too much Honor Harrington, eh?) with blood in his eyes and murder in his heart?

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-02-20, 11:40   Link #2960
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Remind me, where was it said that Mid-Childa doesn't have a Home Fleet in place to fend off anyone coming over the hyper limit, ahem, dropping in from the Dimensional Sea (shows who's been reading too much Honor Harrington, eh?) with blood in his eyes and murder in his heart?
It was never said, per se. The fleet works out of that big space station. So ships can come by Mid-Childa for patrol or various missions and such, but it doesn't seem like they have any regular ships that stay in-system (though that might change after StrikerS).

Keep in mind, Regius was developing the Einherjar system specifically to fend off ship invasions, because he felt the Naval branch wasn't taking the ground forces seriously. The Einherjar cannons were supposed to be powerful enough to take out ships approaching the planet, which was why Jail had his cyborgs take them out; so he could launch the Cradle unmolested.

Anyway, that's about all the information I have on the subject.
Closed Thread