Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-20, 21:36   Link #2341
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Better late-post than never...

ARENA 01: Hasegawa Kobato Misaka Mikoto [Yuzuriha Inori] Nakano Azusa Kuroi Mato Aisaka Taiga Kashiwazaki Sena
ARENA 02: Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen Konpaku Yōmu Miyanaga Saki Fujibayashi Kyō Shirai Kuroko Ekaterina Kurae [Hiiragi Kagami]
ARENA 03: Sanya V. Litvyak Konohana Lucia Amae Koromo Fujibayashi Ryō [Asakura Ryōko] Maaka Anju Hiiragi Tsukasa
ARENA 04: Yoshida Yuki [Nagase Minato] Kamio Misuzu Evangeline A.K. McDowell Lisanna Strauss Hasegawa Kobato Triela
ARENA 05: Nakagawa Kanon [Irisviel von Einzbern] Iwasawa Masami Haruna Konjiki no Yami C.C. Nymph
ARENA 06: Yarizui Sen [Isayama Yomi]
ARENA 07: [Shionji Yūko (Alice)] Alice
ARENA 08: Ika-Musume [Saginomiya Isumi]
ARENA 09: Nyarlathotep, Cthugha [Kuroyukihime, Kurashima Chiyuri]
Old 2012-07-20, 22:08   Link #2342
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So for all the strategising - Mikoto blew it out of the water. Snap! And C.C. gets the medallion to boot. Awesome Ruby period.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:08   Link #2343
ion475
にこにこにー

So...

1. Biribiri won the necklace as expected. Hard to say whether it's strategic voting resulting in the more or less 3-head race, or ISML voters are just purely crap and don't know how to vote for anyone new...(Haganai do have a split, but even combining Kobato & Niku they're barely beating Inori...Azusa & Taiga gets their normal number of votes, but Biribiri run away with this = People going "Might as well just vote for Biribiri since she'll win either way?")
2. Kyou winning is one thing, but Ryou won also? Not that I don't like it, just surprised that Balsamic Vinegar Tsukasa is this weak...
3. And then Kobato run away in her exhibition, although, yeah, she's probably the most well known out of all of them anyway (Yoshida Yuki is recent, and Misuzu gets the Key votes...)
4. Ika-chan gets zero love...and she didn't win in Japan either
5. Kuroyukihime IS strong...
Old 2012-07-20, 22:16   Link #2344
Sphire

I guess results were expected. Nice to see Inori do decent though given this might be her only foray into the necklace period. She beat the Nova entries at least.

Nice to see Yuki get some support. Too bad Kobato was in her exhibition.

Nice to see CC win, especially over Iwasawa.

Accel World might make some noise next year.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:33   Link #2345
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

And now the results are in. Looks like Misaka took out the top prize.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:40   Link #2346
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Accel World might make some noise next year.
Not as much as Sword Art Online.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:53   Link #2347
Team Rocket Elite

Congrats on winning the Ruby Necklace Mikoto! She went in with a large SDO advantage and topped it off by demolishing her opponents. Not even Kanade back in Amethyst 8 2011 smacked her opponents around this hard. I wonder if we'll always get these one-side necklace showdowns whenever the winner is obvious.

Kobato and Sena end up split voting their way into last place. Kobato almost manages to beat Mato, though.

Perhaps due to the SDO difference, Azusa manages to beat Taiga and Taiga doesn't have the excuse of split votes this time. I get the feeling Taiga just isn't that good at these necklace showdowns.

Unsurprisingly, Kyou wins her group. Ryou also manages to edge past Tsukasa. No one had a hope of touching Kobato in Group 4. Tomonori isn't quite as strong as I initially thought she would be but she would definitely be able to net a few wins if she had made Nova.

Tight race in Group 5 but C.C. comes out ahead like I thought she would.

Great job by Kuroyukihime/Kurashima Chiyuri. I'll be looking forward to their performances next year.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:41   Link #2348
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And C.C. gets the medallion to boot. Awesome Ruby period.
And that is a load of bull. I will leave all my reasons why unsaid because I have already beat that horse to death.

*sigh*
Old 2012-07-21, 00:02   Link #2349
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Not as much as Sword Art Online.
SAO has nobody outside of Asuna, though...

Quote:
Perhaps due to the SDO difference, Azusa manages to beat Taiga and Taiga doesn't have the excuse of split votes this time. I get the feeling Taiga just isn't that good at these necklace showdowns.
Some strategic voting is probably behind it. Azu-nyan higher SDO = People would try and vote for her instead of lower SDO girls just so someone other than Biribiri would win. Of course, Biribiri need to be defeat by 5% and won by 15%, so if any strategic voting is involved, it certainly failed.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:18   Link #2350
supermegasonic

o cool, you guys have this here too? was just recently introduced to this
Old 2012-07-21, 00:43   Link #2351
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

ISML sort of started here...several years ago. It has grown out of needing AnimeSuki since it seems to be collecting several thousand voters from all over the world these days.

Unlike Saimoe...which seems to get more isolationistic each year and seems to struggle to get a thousand voters anymore.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:15   Link #2352
supermegasonic

i guess i really am late to this. and yea i was actually introduced to this from anothe rforum who also loyally vote when they can. im surprised as an anime fan i didnt know about this sooner.
Old 2012-07-21, 03:31   Link #2353
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
SAO has nobody outside of Asuna, though...
Sword Art Online has Asuna. All it needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
And that is a load of bull. I will leave all my reasons why unsaid because I have already beat that horse to death.

*sigh*
I think you're missing one important factor. Horo's face-off had Ikaros in it. C.C.'s didn't. C.C. lost to Ikaros in the indiivdual matchup. Therefore C.C. would have lost this match if Ikaros was in it. It was just luck, man. Chill.

Besides, are you really getting upset over INTERNET OPINIONS?! Really?!
Old 2012-07-21, 07:25   Link #2354
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I see Mikoto got another nice action pose. Fitting.... hmm, the last time Misaka won Ruby she got a very similar pose. In fact looking back over ISML history the only action poses I can see are Mikoto in both Rubies, and Shana in Diamond.

Anyway, one of the main points I see here is that there is hardly anyone left in Nova to compete in the Necklaces. I guess Hellscythe is still eligible, and she could win a necklace, but no one else is left is there?

My guess is that Shana fans will go for the Topaz, (if Shana gets that then next year she can try for the amethyst and she'd have at least one of each necklace). I doubt there is anyone left who can beat Shana for Topaz.

So that leaves Emerald open for Hellscythe and a host of other Stella girls to fight over.

By the way, ISML is going to need to redo their winner's gallery. Maybe a line to separate the pre-2012 awards from those after, because they don't line up correctly anymore.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-07-21, 07:54   Link #2355
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
By the way, ISML is going to need to redo their winner's gallery. Maybe a line to separate the pre-2012 awards from those after, because they don't line up correctly anymore.
It should be fine actually with the 2 new "Circlets" (Winner of Eliminations For Stella and Nova Separated) will go in the 2 old necklace slots .
MAL
Old 2012-07-21, 10:09   Link #2356
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out which way is best. I tried making a new section earlier in the year with the posters appearing in chronological order, but then it confused people that the colors didn't line up. So I switched it back to the current organization.

It may stay this way until the end of the year or the early part of next year. If, for example, we keep the same period order in 2013, then it would start a new pattern that would make visually separating the two arrangements easier. Right now 2012 by itself just looks like a strange anomaly, lol.

Regarding supermegasonic's comment, I've wondered how we could make our presence more known. I've been uncertain about buying ads, because ... money.
Old 2012-07-21, 14:14   Link #2357
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
Regarding supermegasonic's comment, I've wondered how we could make our presence more known. I've been uncertain about buying ads, because ... money.
IMHO, if voters simply share their vote charts in other favored anime forums then others will pick it up and ISML will grow "organically" without ads that might otherwise stir up the haters and/or become obnoxious.

For example, I shared on AnimeTake, Hongfire, and ANN, but since ANN was snooty, and Hongfire too ambivalent, found that several more members at AT were curious enough to participate. The others will come around once they see how much fun others are having; something about human nature

A little bit here, a little bit there

Screw the haters
Old 2012-07-21, 16:07   Link #2358
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I think you're missing one important factor. Horo's face-off had Ikaros in it. C.C.'s didn't. C.C. lost to Ikaros in the indiivdual matchup. Therefore C.C. would have lost this match if Ikaros was in it. It was just luck, man. Chill.

Besides, are you really getting upset over INTERNET OPINIONS?! Really?!
Not excessively... just disappointed. And, I was just trying to point out the bad luck Holo seems to have with how matches fall.

Yeah... didn't mean to come off so over the top.
Old 2012-07-21, 19:30   Link #2359
Team Rocket Elite

I wouldn't be so sure C.C. loses to Ikaros. I think it would be a fairly close match.
Old 2012-07-21, 19:50   Link #2360
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
I wouldn't be so sure C.C. loses to Ikaros. I think it would be a fairly close match.
Awww c'mon... at least massage my ego a little.

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament