AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-20, 09:56   Link #521
kagato3

I think it is pretty clear loki dropped to 99 to protect Frey. This ep gave me the feeling he isn't quite the jerk he present himself to be.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:01   Link #522
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I think it is pretty clear loki dropped to 99 to protect Frey. This ep gave me the feeling he isn't quite the jerk he present himself to be.
We call people like him, "tsundere".

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 11:38   Link #523
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
He is as strong as how his body could barely protect him from whatever danger he jumps onto. The moment that breaks down, it's game over for Raishin.
slashed by cherubin he survived, and his healing proces is being slowed down by yaya

no way he is weak
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 16:46   Link #524
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Raishin surely loves to approach death himself
his harem should look for him better (Charlotte tried hard though)

There's clearly something suspicious about Loki.... There's no way he'll obey someone who messed up with his heart

I see.. so Komurasaki is better in playing sneaky while Yaya is the master of going wild
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 18:37   Link #525
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I see.. so Komurasaki is better in playing sneaky while Yaya is the master of going wild
Just like in bed, I suppose.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 20:39   Link #526
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Raishin surely loves to approach death himself
his harem should look for him better (Charlotte tried hard though)

There's clearly something suspicious about Loki.... There's no way he'll obey someone who messed up with his heart

Yeah, sadly he doesn't have that large a harem that can do much. I mean really it's between Yaya and Charlotte with some not wholly serious stuff from Komurasaki. I'll give Charlotte props for at least trying to stop him. Would rather keep him alive and hating her than dead and...well dead . Sadly she couldn't tsundere around his amulet counter attack.

I think it's suspicious period that Loki left the school grounds period. I'm pretty sure the guards were believed to be able to handle things themselves and Loki putting his position at risk any more than he already has would be bad for him. Can't think he was ordered out there on the possibility that Raishin would take action.
Old 2013-11-21, 00:55   Link #527
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
slashed by cherubin he survived, and his healing proces is being slowed down by yaya

no way he is weak
right, so he's going to make it all the way to wiseman by shielding his doll from damage

no problem, he's only gotta take 99 more near fatal hits to reach the top
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 01:13   Link #528
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
r
right -_- and his going to take it everyday >_> n 99 days...
Old 2013-11-21, 10:56   Link #529
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will agree that Raishin isn't going to last very long if he keeps using himself to shield Yaya. Though with that similarity visibly to his sister he may not be able to help continuing to do that. At this rate Charlotte is also going to have to give up her high position just to drop down and help keep him alive .

Not a pushover, but puts himself in danger just based on instinct.
Old 2013-11-21, 11:54   Link #530
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I can see why Yaya (among others) would become seriously upset over this. Not just for putting his own life on the line, but also not trusting his automaton enough when it really matters. He keeps praising her as the best in the world, but how can she ever prove that if he takes the brunt of the damage whenever he feels something will kill her?
Old 2013-11-21, 19:25   Link #531
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Yet, this is that very dedication that has caused her (and Char) to fall for him. I guess you could call him and his actions foolhardy but honestly, he'd rather get himself hurt than to see others getting hurt. That's been the cause of his numerous injuries up until now.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 20:08   Link #532
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
right, so he's going to make it all the way to wiseman by shielding his doll from damage

It's okay. In the end it'll be revealed that he had Avalon insi-..

Wait, wrong show.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 21:24   Link #533
FateAnomaly

Its alright cause he has main character death immunity and he knows it.

Any other handler knows that any damage serious enough to destroy a doll will also kill a human.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 09:19   Link #534
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
It's okay. In the end it'll be revealed that he had Avalon insi-..

Wait, wrong show.
Ha. So you're saying that he's Yaya's sheathe, and she knows it, hence her constant prodding?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 12:27   Link #535
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

It would've been more believable if somehow yaya becomes the "avalon" to raishin's "excalibur"
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 19:09   Link #536
Preciize
Them Feels~

I wonder if Loki was ordered to confront Raishin or came on his on accord and whether he's there to help Raishin or take him down. Raishin is already half dead anyways ... I wonder how many more times he's going to put himself in situations like these. I feel like sooner or later someone is going to get seriously hurt because of his recklessness and not just him.
Old 2013-11-23, 03:48   Link #537
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
ED single (full) is pretty good imo.... ^^
Old 2013-11-23, 06:19   Link #538
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Ha. So you're saying that he's Yaya's sheathe, and she knows it, hence her constant prodding?
Hey, it'd make her incessant yapping slightly less annoying
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 11:02   Link #539
blewin

ok, at first I thought Raishin was quite cool. A determined main lead, not afraid of more powerful opponents, but instead approaches them with confidence. Now I think he's just a stubborn fool. If he cares for Yaya so much, then don't make her fight against such odds even when Shoko thinks he has no chance of winning! He's already saved Rabbi and Frey. That goal's already achieved. Raishin is portrayed as a smart character. Is this unreasonableness of his a character flaw or forced characterisation?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 13:54   Link #540
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
ok, at first I thought Raishin was quite cool. A determined main lead, not afraid of more powerful opponents, but instead approaches them with confidence. Now I think he's just a stubborn fool. If he cares for Yaya so much, then don't make her fight against such odds even when Shoko thinks he has no chance of winning! He's already saved Rabbi and Frey. That goal's already achieved. Raishin is portrayed as a smart character. Is this unreasonableness of his a character flaw or forced characterisation?
Are those really that mutually exclusive ?

Raishin can't abide by how Divine Works operates, how they experiment on and use children, and he can't let Frey lose her family like he lost his. He's smart, but he has morals and ideals to go along with them. That's what makes him the hero .

And I'm sure he wouldn't make Yaya go through that if she wasn't willing. Sure, you could say he's aware that no matter what he does, she'd loyally follow him, but Raishin's always right there with her in a fight and is more than willing to take fatal blows for her.

Tags
action, cgi, comedy, harem