AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-10, 04:44   Link #3081
macdawson

Well, Berger seems to be alive and that seems to be the Lambea on the poster (same color Gaiperon, at least) so that's a nice touch. Gatlantis fire power is over the top spectacular, their ships look great in 3D... as for the rest... WTF?! Kirishima in orbit?! The battleship Yamato?! And Gatlantis ships warp out... no wonder they kept losing to the Garmillas... they were dizzy. XD
Old 2014-10-10, 16:45   Link #3082
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am going to assume that Kirishima is in orbit of the real Earth when Yamato get home. And that Kodai will be reporting to Hijikata about what happened on they trip home.

A sunken battleship Yamato in a forest is not easy to explain. I will assume this happens on the planet they find in the weird space while escaping from the Cometine fleet. So a Yamato III Planet Phantom situation is likely. The other possibility is that this is a step in the Cosmo Reverse System's rebuilding of Earth, but that is also weird for a number of reasons. The first being that there shouldn't be a battleship Yamato that looks like that on Earth anyplace. The real one is in pieces. Though I don't know how her sister ship Musashi looks at present, it is unlikely she's that intact with her turrets still in place.

Notice that the Comet and Gamilas ships spin out of warp. The Gamilas ships have a red shift to them while the Comet ships have a blue shift to them. Yamato just comes straight out of warp, but is covered in ice. Will later Earth ships spin out of warp?

That Berger survived is interesting. What he will do is unknown.

The list of actor and characters for the film seems to include Dommel, and I'm not sure why.

Since Earth will have a warning about the Magnaflame Gun and the Comet fleet, I wonder if this is what causes the building of what was once called the 2201 EDF fleet. Space battleship Andromeda especially.
Old 2014-10-14, 14:02   Link #3083
FerrusManus

Is it possible that the producers are going to retcon Bergers death in the compilation movie? To make his survival more plausible?
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 17:14   Link #3084
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
Is it possible that the producers are going to retcon Bergers death in the compilation movie? To make his survival more plausible?
Why would they even need to?! All we saw was Lambea listing and the planes being droped off the top deck after Yamato's shock cannons hit it, then "sink" into the gas clouds. Unlike the Domelaze, which was caught in an ion stream and that we actually saw explode, there was no explosion of any kind with Lambea. We just assumed it was lost and Berger with it. I'm sure they'll have him tell us how he escaped in the movie. Presumably, despite the damage incurred from Yamato's hits, they must have managed to navigate to a calmer spot and eventually free themselves and head for the nearest Garmillas outpost. But unlike Ghett or Kroytze, who we saw being shot down by Kato and Kodai, or Hydern who went down with Domel, Berger's return, though unexpected, is easy to accept and explain.
Old 2014-10-14, 17:48   Link #3085
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if his hotheadedness will make Yamato's life difficult, or if he'll focus on the Cometines more?

Also, wasn't there a fleet commander in Yamato 3 that looked sort of like him? The guy near the end with the planet killer missile battleship? ( I was wrong. The guy has a scare over his right eye instead of on his left cheek)
Old 2014-11-09, 19:15   Link #3086
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We are now less than a month away from the release of "Ark of the Stars" and the BD of the collection film "Voyage to Remember" will be out by the end of the month. Thoughts?
Old 2014-11-10, 01:04   Link #3087
GundamFan0083

I'm sure both will both be well worth the wait and I look forward to their release.
Old 2014-11-10, 06:34   Link #3088
Qikz

So I just finished watching the TV Series of this. I'd heard of the Yamato series before but never thought of watching it, but by god am I glad I did.

I've watched it over three days and it's quite easily propelled itself into my top 10 or top 5 shows of all time. What a god damn amazing rollercoaster ride of emotions. A sheer masterpiece. <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 15:35   Link #3089
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And hopefully there will be more to come. I hope for an announcement after the film coming out in December.
Old 2014-11-10, 15:52   Link #3090
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And hopefully there will be more to come. I hope for an announcement after the film coming out in December.
As someone who knows there's a Yamato 2/3 would you mind telling me where abouts the upcoming movie fits in? Is it a totally new spinoff or is it a movie of one of the following old series? I don't want to go look it up as I don't want to spoil the plot x_x
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 16:49   Link #3091
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The new movie coming out is new to the spin off. It takes place during the first series between episode 24 and 25. It seems to set up for a possible later encounter with Gatlantis against Earth, which was the plot of the second series. Aside from that, we don't know all that much.

It makes pefect sense if the new film leads into an announcement for a second series based on Yamato 2199 to remake the original second series and the war with the White Comet Empire (as we knew it back then, before Gatlantis became the more recognized name).
Old 2014-11-10, 18:25   Link #3092
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The new movie coming out is new to the spin off. It takes place during the first series between episode 24 and 25. It seems to set up for a possible later encounter with Gatlantis against Earth, which was the plot of the second series. Aside from that, we don't know all that much.

It makes pefect sense if the new film leads into an announcement for a second series based on Yamato 2199 to remake the original second series and the war with the White Comet Empire (as we knew it back then, before Gatlantis became the more recognized name).
True, all we do know is that it will probably be awesome!
Old 2014-11-18, 20:15   Link #3093
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I really what to start getting the 2199 Blurays which version should I be getting. I am worried if I get the Star Blazers version I might have to buy the later Japanese versions anyway to get the remainder.
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 22:47   Link #3094
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It depends on if Voyager Entertainment restarts selling the Star Blazers 2199 DVD. They stopped in August after the release of volume 4. That would end in episode 16, so to catch up with the remainder using Yamato 2199 Blu-rays you'd need Volumes 5 - 7 and you've have two copies of episodes 15 and 16.

(Yamato 2199 has 7 discs, with two episodes on disc one, and four each on discs 2 -7)
(Star Blazers 2199 was to have 6 discs, with four episodes each on discs 1 - 5 and six episodes on disc 6)

If Voyager Entertainment drops the ball on finishing their North American sales department, you'd have to get original Yamato 2199 discs from Japan.
Old 2014-11-19, 09:31   Link #3095
LKK

Is there any reason to think that Voyager won't finish releasing the series?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 14:50   Link #3096
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they suspended all their online sales in August after releasing volume 4. Volume 5 was suppose to release in October and the last volume in December. One cannot order from them at this time.

Their website has not updated since the end of August when they removed the ability to order any of their products.

In Los Angeles area there had been an advertised showing of the new Yamato 2199 film in late October that never showed up at the theater. No explaination at this time what happened. If it was moved or not has not been reported, only that it didn't show the dated advertised.

They may be focused on their Japanese end of the company and the promotion of the new films over there, and return after December. But no one seems to be able to get an answer out of them on this side of the Pacific.

This is not the ghost of the old American Voyager Entertainment from the 1990s, this is the US branch of the full on Japanese company Voyager Entertainment that seemingly reabsorbed the old American company that was in New Jersey. At least that is what we are told from the main sources of information in North American.

Rightstuf.com seems to the place one can get Star Blazers 2199 online. Star Blazers 2199 can be gotten in Bluray or DVD format.

Otherwise one has to get the Yamato 2199 Bluray discs from Japan. The DVD version has no subtitles.

With the current yen to USD exchange rate, the Star Blazers 2199 DVDs are a little over half the price of the Yamato 2199 BD. And you'd have to purchase one more disc for the full set of Yamato 2199. But is Voyager Entertainment USA forgets about its North American end, ot if they cancelled its run due to poor sales or something, then one would be paying about as much either way. It be cheaper to get the four volumes of Star Blazers 2199 on DVD or BD and then the last three volumes of Yamato 2199 on BD. If the other two Star Blazers volumes never come out.

It is a waiting game at present. We have not enough information on what they are doing other than they say they will provide information on their facebook page once orders start up again. Everyone who's tried to get some information has gotten the same canned responce.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2014-11-19 at 15:04.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 18:09   Link #3097
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Are the star blazers 2199 subs the same as the Japanese discs, which means the font and content. I like the font used on the Japanese version.
Old 2014-11-20, 04:59   Link #3098
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As far as I know they are subbed the same.
Old 2014-11-20, 09:37   Link #3099
LKK

Ithekro, thank you for that very informative post. I wasn't aware of the recent missed due dates, etc. Very depressing. I already have the 4 US available Blue-rays. If necessary, I'll switch over to the Japanese-issued ones for the rest of the series. I'm seriously hoping I won't have to do that given the increase in price that would result. But if I must, I must.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 19:24   Link #3100
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I decided tomorrow I will buy the 1st 2 yamato 2199 blurays as long as it is still 30% off.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato