AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-11, 17:39   Link #41
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Long ago, I got hooked on a H game called "Season of the Sakura" - but it's for DOS. It worked with some tweaking in Win98, but I don't think it'll work on 2K or XP... so it looks like it's lost forever. Unless someone finally makes a good XP dos emulator that'll run it.

In any case, it was a great game
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 17:54   Link #42
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk
Long ago, I got hooked on a H game called "Season of the Sakura" - but it's for DOS. It worked with some tweaking in Win98, but I don't think it'll work on 2K or XP... so it looks like it's lost forever. Unless someone finally makes a good XP dos emulator that'll run it.

なつかしすぎ。。。

Wasn't that the 1996 PC98 game from Tiara that so blatantly ripped-off characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kaitou Saint Tail, and Magic Knight Rayearth? I was surprised that this wasn't pulled off the shelf nor was sued for copyright infringement.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 00:15   Link #43
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Season of the Sakura huh. I remember that game.Heres my opinion of it:

The knock offs are badly drawn.

The translated Dialogue was bad.

The characters aren't really funny.

the artwork is were bad and they looked even worse during the H scenes.

The "clicking on every option to move on" thing got really really annoying.

And the game is really boring and easily forgotten.

I understand its an old game but still this is what I had to say about it.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 00:22   Link #44
Omegatek2
The Info-less

I'd definitely go for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien... but I cant read it. But if we try we can change that (refer to my little crusade ^_^
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14330

Kana ~Imouto was pretty good too, and I think I'll try crescendo too.
Omegatek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 00:28   Link #45
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Bravesoul
Carrackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 03:01   Link #46
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk

JAST USA Memorial Collection; with improved Windows (XP compatible) versions of Season of the Sakura, 3 Sisters Story and Runaway City, $25 + shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
なつかしすぎ。。。

Wasn't that the 1996 PC98 game from Tiara that so blatantly ripped-off characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kaitou Saint Tail, and Magic Knight Rayearth? I was surprised that this wasn't pulled off the shelf nor was sued for copyright infringement.
Indeed.
Old 2004-06-12, 06:51   Link #47
dont

GINIRO(silver) by nekoneko soft have been ENGLISH SUB

but none talk about it there? @_@
http://www.din.or.jp/~nekoneko/title/GinIro/index.htm
dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 01:58   Link #48
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultradef
My first post

I've been watching this thread and I figure some of you guys may be able to make some recommendations to me. I haven't played many games in the last few years (I haven't gone to Japan much since '99). I'm looking for some sim/rpg ero-games, but I really haven't got a clue with all the new companies. While I do like story games, I was really a big fan of games like Dragon Knight 4, Toushin Toshi 2, Kichikuoh Rance and other wargames/RPGs. Are there any recent titles in the same vein?
You might be interested in what Studio e.go! has been doing. Their games tend to be less of a visual novel and feature slightly more gameplay. For example, Vagrants is an RPG (the non-H stuff is pretty good, I just didn't like the H stuff. Looked like they just stuck it in because they needed an H-game)
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 20:15   Link #49
kvant
Lurker

Cresendo was nice.
kvant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 10:55   Link #50
Dementium

Well....i won't get dragged into that war of wors...
But i found crescendo to be really nice...especially the Yuka storyline...that was really sad...
Kango shicyauzo 2 is ok too
had some really funny dialogues.....
But my fave is still true love....a VERY old game
Dementium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 22:41   Link #51
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Due to the bad avaiability of H-games over here, I haven't played much of them
Here's my little list:

Tokimeki Check-In
Legend of Fairies
Fairy Nights
Private Nurse
X-Change
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 02:22   Link #52
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Currently, considering I don't really play the games often, I'd have to say KGNE (gee, who would've thought that :P)...I just love being able to control the flow of one of my favorite animes in a way that I feel it should go.

One day I may want to be with Haruka, another Mitsuki, and then maybe on another Ayu is my choice :P Can't beat that

Sadly I would've rathered it be a non ero so there was more of a chance of an english translation...it gets pretty difficult to go on broken Japanese and Engrish :P Not to mention I "fast-foward" most of the h-scenes anyways.
Old 2004-06-16, 02:25   Link #53
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Scratch that. Pure Pure is my favourite game now. Nekomimi and inumimi calling you 'Goshudin-sama', man this game is moe moe overload.

Small screenie.
http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/zephro/pp2.JPG
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 02:31   Link #54
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Hmmm Lolicon alert Lolicon alert.

And about Kimi ga Nozomu's Translatons I feel it would be best if a Censored AND an Uncensored version was released. That way the censored version could be easily brought in stores.(I bet there would be a whole lot of "What the hell is this" Comments aimed directly at the game if someone were to find it in a place like Gamestop.)And the uncensored can be used for people who doesn't have a problem with a lil bit of H in their games and feel more confortable with ordering.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 02:38   Link #55
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Hmmm Lolicon alert Lolicon alert.

And about Kimi ga Nozomu's Translatons I feel it would be best if a Censored AND an Uncensored version was released. That way the censored version could be easily brought in stores.(I bet there would be a whole lot of "What the hell is this" Comments aimed directly at the game if someone were to find it in a place like Gamestop.)And the uncensored can be used for people who doesn't have a problem with a lil bit of H in their games and feel more confortable with ordering.
If only that were to happen though...sadly with the US's outlook on adult games, geeze, you're hard-pressed to go a day without hearing of some M-rated game causing another kid to shoot his classmate... Considering the ESRB, AO would be the rating KGNE would get and unfortunetly, that's a death sentence here...as there are no game retailers who will sell AO games. That's why I figured a censored, h-sceneless version, would be the only viable way to see it sold state-side
Old 2004-06-16, 07:18   Link #56
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
You don't seem to know the difference between censored and uncensored
If a non h-version is released, they'll just cut all the h-scene and that's not really called censoring
As for my current favorite h-game it would be Turupeta, I have something for rpgs
Old 2004-06-16, 08:05   Link #57
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Hi
I love Castle Fantasia, and all Studio Ego stuff because it's drawn by Kazue!!!!
cercia_highelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 08:14   Link #58
bluemist
i am the mist

Censored: It's the original Japanese version of the ero-game. Apparently Japan has certain rules which disallow showing of 'some' parts of the body, and so ero-games all have censorship.

Uncensored: It's when an American company ports the ero-game for the American audience. They apparently uncensor those parts.

Non-H: It's when the ero-game gets ported over to the consoles.

As far as I can see, because of the US making the ero-games even more erotic by uncensoring it, I don't think they have the guts to reverse the process and removing all the H content.
Old 2004-06-16, 08:32   Link #59
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
Zephronite
we live in the same country....where can i buy those games??
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 09:55   Link #60
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
Zephronite
we live in the same country....where can i buy those games??
Err, as you know, they aren't available for purchase here. I get mine through 'alternate means'.
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel