AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-12-06, 00:30   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 927 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, a small spoiler summary is out via AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "O-Toko, the Kamuro" (an assistant of oiran, or Japanese courtesans). Splash page features Garp.

-Usopp, Robin, and Franky hang out at Sanji's soba cart. As seen in the previous chapter, the customers are mainly women. However, as business is booming, the henchmen of Kyoushirou (that one vassal of the shogun who was introduced back in chapter 919, who's revealed to be a yakuza boss) come along and start bullying everyone, kicking over Sanji's soba pot and making a little girl drop her bowl of food. Naturally, Sanji is none too pleased to see his food getting wasted, so he and Franky beat down the bullies! After taking care of the thugs, Sanji gives another bowl to the girl, who enjoys the dish. She introduces herself as Toko, a kamuro. Toko leaves after finishing the meal, but not without telling Sanji's group to check out the courtesan procession that's passing through town later. It's at this point that Robin's geisha boss appears, who informs the group of the top courtesan who's practically an idol in this country..... Komurasaki. Toko works for her, and she's on her way to the shogun's banquet! Incidentally, Robin's boss arranged for her to meet the shogun at his castle, as well....!!!

-Kyoushirou learns of his men getting beaten up. However, as he'll be busy attending the shogun's banquet, he orders his men to contact Queen of Kaidou's Disasters to send an assassin to take care of the troublemakers who offended him. Speaking of the shogun, Kurozumi Orochi himself finally appears at the end of the chapter.... in silhouette form, anyway. Interestingly, it would seem that he takes on the form of his namesake, making him an Orochi Mystical Zoan! He wishes to woo the courtesan idol Komurasaki on this very day....

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-12-07 at 02:44.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 05:59   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, updated the summary a bit! So, an idol courtesan, eh? Sounds like another potential candidate for Momonosuke's long-lost sister to me! And geez, new mythical Zoans are popping up left and right this arc.... all Asian-themed, at that (Dragon, Ninetails, and now Orochi!?). At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if King and/or Queen are mythical Zoans, too (actually, I can sorta see King being a tengu zoan, but I'm just basing that on the wings.... but then again, we already have a tengu character with Tama's master, so maybe not).

BTW, I forgot to include it in the thread title earlier, but: NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!
Old 2018-12-06, 06:44   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

It feels like i want to play Warriors Orochi again, with Coalition army vs Orochi Army in the end. Still, i want to see how Franky joins in beating henchmen. He should have gone to the woodwork or maybe upgrading the shop for Sanji at that time.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 09:58   Link #4
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I forgot to include it in the thread title earlier, but: NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!
Added to title for you.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 11:43   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Komurasaki does seem like a good candidate for Momonsuke's sister.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Orochi has a DF based on his namesake.
Old 2018-12-06, 12:03   Link #6
Rainbowman

These mystical zoan types keep popping up. I hope we get to see one that is feline.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 12:35   Link #7
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

all these people with names starting with the letter "K" is making me confused...

and it looks like sanji is heading towards another cookoff... sigh...

Last edited by khoa1708; 2018-12-06 at 13:55.
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 00:41   Link #8
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I can't believe Franky copy Senor Pink's technique of Nyan Nyan Suplex Baby Buster XD

Too bad we don't have a chance to see the idol's face. Maybe Oda can make her like a rival to Boa Hancock somehow.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 02:52   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Added to title for you.
Thanks, LKK!

Anyway, updated the summary once again now that the chapter's out! Yeah, I loved seeing Franky suplex that one thug! Guess he learned a fair bit from ol' Pink, huh? Anyway, now we know that Robin was also invited to Orochi's banquet..... I know it's a long shot, but I'd kinda love to see her take him on by herself (maybe by cracking all of his necks at once, heh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Too bad we don't have a chance to see the idol's face. Maybe Oda can make her like a rival to Boa Hancock somehow.
Yes, yes, I'm sure Komurasaki will turn out to be an above-average clone. Though I'd be more impressed if Oda can make her stand out without making her a Nami/Robin copypasta....
Old 2018-12-07, 05:36   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

no way... komurasaki is most likely an ugly one
because Oda is always introducing a beautiful girl without any hype like what he did in this chapter
it might be another okama just to make Sanji disappointed
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 05:58   Link #11
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
These MYTHICAL zoan types keep popping up. I hope we get to see one that is feline.
Fixed it for ya bud. Remember, these animals come myth and legend, hence their title.
Old 2018-12-08, 21:57   Link #12
itachi-san314

Quote:
I can't believe Franky copy Senor Pink's technique of Nyan Nyan Suplex Baby Buster XD
Haha yea lol

Quote:
I'm half expecting her to actually be Hancock
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 14:50   Link #13
Rainbowman

Quote:
If we can get a crossover with One Piece and Yo-Kai Watch, I wonder how Jibanyan would react to the name of Nyan Nyan Suplex?

Quote:
Good idea. Perhaps she could be a rival to Shirahoshi as well.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote