AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-11, 06:11   Link #181
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
The differences in the ways in which Natsuki's anime and manga versions relate to Mai and Tate is certainly one of the more striking differences between the manga and the anime. However, one of the differences that I've really ended up taking note of is the differences between anime Nao and manga Nao. Seriously, Nao's first 'key' in the manga is exactly the kind of guy anime Nao utterly hates.

On another note, anyone read the insanely long (and seemingly far from complete) Mai-HiME sequel of sorts that John Biles wrote? The author displays a pretty darn impressive grasp of some of the characters at times. Definitely not without it's flaws, but it was a pretty enjoyable read for me (albeit one that took me days in spite of having time off for much of the time I was reading it).

If anyone's interested in checking it out, it can be found here:
http://www.thekeep.org/~wombat/Stori...ime/index.html

Well this one is better than the other but I'll read it later on!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5251248/...hing_Beautiful
Old 2010-01-13, 00:34   Link #182
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Well this one is better than the other but I'll read it later on!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5251248/...hing_Beautiful
That's perhaps a bit of a strong claim to be making if you haven't actually read the fanfic I posted (or have you?), but having torn through the fanfic you linked to over the last couple days (first week of classes, not overly busy) I'm inclined to agree based on what each author has put up so far.

That being said, for all it's flaws, that fanfic I'd linked to is pretty good and even at times kind of brilliant, so I still think it's worth checking out... assuming you have a big chunk of free time you don't mind killing deader than disco. :lol: At the very least, it's a big cut above a lot of the other fanfiction out there (which seems to me to have a tendency to take considerable liberty with the characters in some cases).
Old 2010-01-13, 14:17   Link #183
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
That being said, for all it's flaws, that fanfic I'd linked to is pretty good and even at times kind of brilliant, so I still think it's worth checking out... assuming you have a big chunk of free time you don't mind killing deader than disco. :lol: At the very least, it's a big cut above a lot of the other fanfiction out there (which seems to me to have a tendency to take considerable liberty with the characters in some cases).
Sure, that's why I seldom read fanfictions in this fandom. I found out truly impressive stories but the vast majority is not that good, unfortunately (but, hey, this can be said of every large fandom).
So, thank you so much for that link, I'll give it a try. The art is pretty amazing too.
Old 2010-01-17, 07:17   Link #184
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Here's one thing I have been wondering about... Is there any way to rewrite Episode Four, the panty-thief one that most viewers seem to dislike, so that it has a Midnight On The Firing Line effect?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2010-01-19, 21:29   Link #185
Darthtabby

Don't the events that happened during the panty thief incident already play an important part in bringing the main trio together? It's because of that incident that the initial conflict between Natsuki and Mikoto was resolved, after all.

If some people dislike the episode, it's probably because they had issues with the low humour it used. (I can sort of understand where they're coming from, actually... but I personally find some of it too darn funny to really dislike the episode. Actually, for whatever reason I find Mai laughing at Natsuki's misfortune to be one of the funniest things in that episode. I think it's because it's Mai of all people who's laughing at her. Mai. The girl who's supposed to be really nice!)
Old 2010-05-15, 05:07   Link #186
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Like the Phoenix I rise!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3291350/...mmerhoffnung_b

It's been more than a year coming, but Prinz von Sommerhoffnung Chapter Seven is here.

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-01-06, 22:04   Link #187
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Feels like forever and I apologise for anyone who is still keeping up with my awful update schedule or lack thereof.

Here's the first half of PvS Chapter Eight.

[Content REDACTED pending rewrite/retool]

Thanks MAEt for the av!

Last edited by WarpObscura; 2011-03-15 at 03:16.
Old 2011-02-02, 02:59   Link #188
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

PvS Chapter Eight, Part Two:

[Content REDACTED pending rewrite/retool]

Thanks MAEt for the av!

Last edited by WarpObscura; 2011-03-15 at 03:17.
Old 2011-02-16, 01:31   Link #189
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Akane kills everyone
Everyone kills Akane

Take your pick. I wrote both.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-03-07 at 02:50.
Old 2011-04-09, 11:12   Link #190
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Here's a short, happy little story that isn't tragic at all:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6889740/1/Akane_no_Prelude

spoiler: I'm lying and it gets kind of tragic at the very end.
Closed Thread