AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-10, 19:32   Link #23341
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Meh, I'd keep snubfighters out of the bureau's hands just to maintain balance in the multiverse; if the Arthra is just your typical vessel, then that means they've probably got wave motion guns outfitted on every vessel in the whole damn fleet. I say give them one critical weakness that they can't or won't recognize for whatever reason to keep them from getting too insanely overpowered. As it is, the bureau could obliterate just about any fleet I can think of off the top of my head with a single barrage, given an equal number of ships.

Also, since nobody's commented on Rainbow Spectrum, I'm assuming it's hack-free.

*Waits for someone to shoot it down*

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-10, 21:24   Link #23342
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
And now I'm bored. I suddenly feel like posting the thread's 'motto' on proper Japanese :3 So here it goes.

俺たちは誰だと持ってやる!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, however. :3
Oooh, nice.

But yes, you did make one tiny mistake.

思ってやる is what you wanted there. Right now you have "Who the hell are we bringing?!," and that word for "bring" is meant for inanimate objects.

Fixed version:

俺たちは誰だと思ってやる!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-04-10, 23:44   Link #23343
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Right. Zero's done for the moment. I still think Rainbow Spectrum is probably hacked, but I have neither feedback on it nor alternate suggestions for getting Zero his elemental attacks, so it stays the way it is for now.

Now... as they would say on 4chan, H4xxbust3rs, go!

Spoiler for Zero's complete profile:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-11, 00:21   Link #23344
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Yare yare... so much crack, and so little time for it all. (And I have more free time than I know what to do with.)

I shot ahead and wrote up scene/sequence 6-C, near loss of Longarch, the introduction of Zed 01, and the introduction of Lynn.

Spoiler for LARGE:

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-04-11 at 01:03.
Old 2008-04-11, 01:18   Link #23345
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Oooh, nice.

But yes, you did make one tiny mistake.

思ってやる is what you wanted there. Right now you have "Who the hell are we bringing?!," and that word for "bring" is meant for inanimate objects.

Fixed version:

俺たちは誰だと思ってやる!!!!!!!!!
I won't say it's tiny. As a cadian he fails :P
Old 2008-04-11, 01:50   Link #23346
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

@Comartemis: Perhaps you don't know this, but in this thread, no comment doesn't equate a green light. By this thread's comparison, HAXX/canon-busting usually lasts a few days minimum, a week if deemed improbable. For a short time-frame of mere six hours, you already began to assume that the IS is HAXX-free.

Well, for starters, I think that there's some flaw in your description. IS doesn't run on Linker Cores, it runs more like on your Energizer batteries. If they do, then they'd be under the detrimental effect of AMF already, which defeats their purpose. Second, having multi-elemental affinity is allowable only with GOOD enough background story, and we have yet to know who this Rock is (even though I do know, but how does he come into equation). Thirdly, there are plenty of elements available, barring the typical ice, fire, lightning; if Zero's given this specialty, and attacked by several elemental types at once, does he gain the ability to use all three, or none? What about elements that cancel out one another, and non-elemental attacks?
Old 2008-04-11, 02:31   Link #23347
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Meh, I'd keep snubfighters out of the bureau's hands just to maintain balance in the multiverse; if the Arthra is just your typical vessel, then that means they've probably got wave motion guns outfitted on every vessel in the whole damn fleet. I say give them one critical weakness that they can't or won't recognize for whatever reason to keep them from getting too insanely overpowered. As it is, the bureau could obliterate just about any fleet I can think of off the top of my head with a single barrage, given an equal number of ships.
TK would beg to differ and I'd agree with him; both of us have discussed the matter, and have concluded that the TSAB ships wouldn't be as effective against BC-304Daedalus. Because the Daedie is awesome and kicked more ass than even Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet, did. Especiallly when she got the Asgard beam weapons. Basically Daedalus, faced with a TSAB warship, has this dilema: "Do I beamspam them with my fast-firing beam cannons, or do I just teleport a nuke into their ship and detonate it?"

Besides, the TSAB won't be having much military power for long. There's a threat they attempt to counter which doesn't work, and when this threat hits a certain Non-Administered World, the only thing that saves this particular world is pure unadulterated badass. XD

Quote:
Also, since nobody's commented on Rainbow Spectrum, I'm assuming it's hack-free.

*Waits for someone to shoot it down*
Be patient. For some strange reason known only to god, those of us who make up the Haxbusters lead very busy lives, which means most busting is done intermittently throughout the week and mostly done on the weekends.

Be patient, and we'll get to it.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-11, 03:17   Link #23348
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... I don't know what possessed me to finally write this, but DAMN do I feel good doing so, even though it may not be my best work.

And now, without further ado...

[B][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I][CENTER]"Super Hero Time!
That was fun, having the Belkarangers finally start things under your wings.

Quote:
Powers
Most of Zero’s power can be attributed to his construction; Wily’s technique of crafting Zero using biomechanical parts allowed him to artificially strengthen Zero’s body to the point where his strength and endurance is indistinguishable from any other cyborg. Despite being labeled as a combat cyborg, however, only about 10% of Zero’s body is actually mechanical; almost all of it is composed of strengthened biological components, making Zero much closer in structure to a homunculus than to a true cyborg.
Fine and all but..

Quote:
The mechanical 10% of Zero’s body is composed almost entirely of circuitry and biometal laced throughout his body to reinforce his muscular and skeletal systems. The entire setup is connected directly to Zero’s linker core, allowing him to divert power from his core to reinforce his body without casting spells. The upper limits of Zero’s strength and endurance are unknown as of this time, but Zero has been known to casually lift and throw Type-3 Gadgets with one hand. Zero rarely uses this prodigious strength in battle, however (because altering his physical attributes screws up his fighting style), and remains “merely” as strong as a typical cyborg unless the situation calls for heavy lifting or extreme force.
Limits of strength are a no-go. Especially after the details about his body. Also considering that as far as we know the linker core doesn't exist in a corporeal form in the body, how does the system link up to it?

Quote:
Zero remains a self-taught mage with many holes in his education. His usage of the Ancient Belka system is equally self-taught, something Zero picked up from sparring with Signum and Vita.
I doubt Fate picked up any of the AB system even after being Signum's sparring partner for a decade, let alone Zero who did so for mere weeks. Even for a cyborg, Zero should not have the ability to just pick up skills such as a magic system, learning holes accounted. He might be able to understand it but he's not learning any of it through sparring unless his mind operates like a computer/machine.

Quote:
Offensive Abilities
Inherent Equipment: Beam Sabers
Zero’s signature weapons. The designs of these weapons are based on zamber-type melee weapons such as Fate Testarossa’s Riot Zamber. Zero uses these weapons more than any other in his arsenal, and he is highly skilled with them.
I doubt he would have the access to equipment and material to create the sabers even after his rehab. It would be fine just letting it be found in Willy's lab.

And the considerations for his IS, which PF had mentioned out earlier. Definitely needs re-working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Yare yare... so much crack, and so little time for it all. (And I have more free time than I know what to do with.)

I shot ahead and wrote up scene/sequence 6-C, near loss of Longarch, the introduction of Zed 01, and the introduction of Lynn.
I lol'd several times with the humor stashed in between. Nice read overall.

Though Vita not being at Hayate's side and showing concern after the latter being injured to that extent is definitely off. And Hayate came off quite well, managing to speak even after being thrown around by Zed,coughing blood and suffering cracked ribs. Hardly injuries to take lightly imo.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-04-11, 03:24   Link #23349
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Okay Testing out a ReBuilt OC.

Spoiler for Kirika Ver. 2.0 Trial:

Initial R&R please

====

Coming Soon:

"Apharmd" and "Angelan"

*goes back to work*
Old 2008-04-11, 04:53   Link #23350
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*pops in*

Reeeaaally busy at the moment, deadlines are coming in and we need to get stuff done now.

Anyway, Rebuilt of Uomo is coming along nicely. I overhauled his apearance, and am searching for more source material of the image that I thought fit him perfectly. Not to mention the source shares some of his characteristics as well... I also changed his personallity to be less me and more Uomo (then again, he was like that from the beginning. Hence why I couldn't write with him) I'm now down to his past, which is the real stumbleblock. I need to find a good way to explain how and why he is with LEGION even though the TSAB most likely knows of his existence, being a Type-0.
Old 2008-04-11, 06:38   Link #23351
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*pops in*

Reeeaaally busy at the moment, deadlines are coming in and we need to get stuff done now.

Anyway, Rebuilt of Uomo is coming along nicely. I overhauled his apearance, and am searching for more source material of the image that I thought fit him perfectly. Not to mention the source shares some of his characteristics as well... I also changed his personallity to be less me and more Uomo (then again, he was like that from the beginning. Hence why I couldn't write with him) I'm now down to his past, which is the real stumbleblock. I need to find a good way to explain how and why he is with LEGION even though the TSAB most likely knows of his existence, being a Type-0.
He was even on TSAB radar? How does an operative of IBA be that prominent, especially since the High Council worked with Jail and not Skane?

Personally I thought Uomo was LEGION's avatar/hero unit sent to assist Jail while LEGION slept. This makes that concern kinda moot no?
Old 2008-04-11, 06:58   Link #23352
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You can't be a Type-0 and not be on the radar, to an extent. I don't know about the numbers, but Type-0 need maintenance at least, which would make it a rather obvious fact that the TSAB knows about his being a Sentoukijin, as the mechanics would have to know about this to work with him.

Also, making him a Type-0 opens up another pile of trouble. Such as 'where did he come from?' assuming that the base which Quint busted was the only one that produced Type-0, that would mean he would have been 'rescued' by the TSAB, which means they definetely know about him being a Sentoukijin.

If Skane had somehow got his hands on Uomo before the TSAB could (Uomo was born somewhere around the same time as Subaru) that would leave me to explain how the TSAB accepted a Sentoukijin that mysteriously disapeared at a surprisingly young age and now suddenly re-apeared...

As you can see, lots of trouble fitting him into canon, link him with Skane, and still make people go 'Yeah, that could actually have happened'

But that's where the fun is.
Old 2008-04-11, 07:06   Link #23353
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
You can't be a Type-0 and not be on the radar, to an extent. I don't know about the numbers, but Type-0 need maintenance at least, which would make it a rather obvious fact that the TSAB knows about his being a Sentoukijin, as the mechanics would have to know about this to work with him.

Also, making him a Type-0 opens up another pile of trouble. Such as 'where did he come from?' assuming that the base which Quint busted was the only one that produced Type-0, that would mean he would have been 'rescued' by the TSAB, which means they definetely know about him being a Sentoukijin.

If Skane had somehow got his hands on Uomo before the TSAB could (Uomo was born somewhere around the same time as Subaru) that would leave me to explain how the TSAB accepted a Sentoukijin that mysteriously disapeared at a surprisingly young age and now suddenly re-apeared...

As you can see, lots of trouble fitting him into canon, link him with Skane, and still make people go 'Yeah, that could actually have happened'

But that's where the fun is.
This is completely not what I had in mind. I thought Uomo was a sentokijin made by Skane using LEGION, the original Type-0 spinoff, as a basis. A Cyborg Commando of sorts. At no point in my Khrack was Uomo known to TSAB, and I don't see why he should for him to work. In fact, being known is akin to jumping into an Ion Canon blast.

Unless...

...this means he was part of the Black Guard like you wanted right?

And I don't thinking jumping into the firezone of an Ion Canon is fun. Unless I got a grand theory to disrupt the ions.
Old 2008-04-11, 07:20   Link #23354
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
In fact, being known is akin to jumping into an Ion Canon blast.
Kha, this is me we're talking about.

'sides. The Canon isn't firing yet, after all, was it ever stated that Ginga and Subaru where the only ones rescued? The only ones taken in by Quint, yes, but the only ones rescued? Whatever happened to all those cosy little babies we saw? We know that Ginga and Subaru weren't the only Sentoukijin.

Quote:
This is completely not what I had in mind. I thought Uomo was a sentokijin made by Skane using LEGION, the original Type-0 spinoff, as a basis. A Cyborg Commando of sorts. At no point in my Khrack was Uomo known to TSAB, and I don't see why he should for him to work.
That was not my idea. My idea is that Uomo is a Type-0 of the LEGION line. This of course leaves me with much explanations to do, but I much prefer that above the former.

Quote:
Unless...

...this means he was part of the Black Guard like you wanted right?
Eh? No, no, not at all. I don't see how that would make him part of the Black Guard.

Quote:
And I don't thinking jumping into the firezone of an Ion Canon is fun. Unless I got a grand theory to disrupt the ions.
I've been jumping into the firezone of Ion Canons since I created Keroko. I did so again when I created Tesla, and again I placed myself in a potentional hazard zone with Syn. As long as you play your cards right, you can make your characters intergration sound realistic.
Old 2008-04-11, 07:31   Link #23355
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Kha, this is me we're talking about.

'sides. The Canon isn't firing yet, after all, was it ever stated that Ginga and Subaru where the only ones rescued? The only ones taken in by Quint, yes, but the only ones rescued? Whatever happened to all those cosy little babies we saw? We know that Ginga and Subaru weren't the only Sentoukijin.

That was not my idea. My idea is that Uomo is a Type-0 of the LEGION line. This of course leaves me with much explanations to do, but I much prefer that above the former.

Eh? No, no, not at all. I don't see how that would make him part of the Black Guard.

I've been jumping into the firezone of Ion Canons since I created Keroko. I did so again when I created Tesla, and again I placed myself in a potentional hazard zone with Syn. As long as you play your cards right, you can make your characters intergration sound realistic.
Oh so we're not trying to dodge like I dodge Ion Canon while drawing evidence of existence by insinuation, but integrate wholesale like Keroko. That means your idea does work, but yes despite the added leeway, you need more justifications for it to work.

Which also means I'm gonna have to wait for you to finish before I plan my next move. Which then means you must complete Rebuilt of Uomo for [Justice]!!! ()
Old 2008-04-11, 07:43   Link #23356
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Oh so we're not trying to dodge like I dodge Ion Canon while drawing evidence of existence by insinuation, but integrate wholesale like Keroko. That means your idea does work, but yes despite the added leeway, you need more justifications for it to work.
I know, and that's where the fun is for me.

Quote:
Which also means I'm gonna have to wait for you to finish before I plan my next move. Which then means you must complete Rebuilt of Uomo for [Justice]!!! ()
Working on it. :3
Old 2008-04-11, 07:53   Link #23357
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Perhaps you don't know this, but in this thread, no comment doesn't equate a green light.
No, I knew, but I got impatient when nobody answered right away.

Quote:
IS doesn't run on Linker Cores, it runs more like on your Energizer batteries. If they do, then they'd be under the detrimental effect of AMF already, which defeats their purpose.
Now I'm getting conflicting opinions: IS comes from genetics like Keroko said, and isn't subject to the AMFs. That said, Rainbow Spectrum is the weakest point in Zero's bio.

Quote:
if Zero's given this specialty, and attacked by several elemental types at once, does he gain the ability to use all three, or none?
It says in the bio that he can only control one at a time.

Quote:
Also considering that as far as we know the linker core doesn't exist in a corporeal form in the body, how does the system link up to it?
Same way the devices do when they tap the core for an autocast spell.

Quote:
He might be able to understand it but he's not learning any of it through sparring unless his mind operates like a computer/machine.
How convenient, then, that he has one plugged into his head.

Quote:
It would be fine just letting it be found in Willy's lab.
I mentioned this in his powers entry; most of his equipment comes from Wily's lab. The beam sabers, as Zero's default equipment, are the exception; Zero was outfitted with those right from the start.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-11, 08:44   Link #23358
Tormenk

Quote:
Now I'm getting conflicting opinions: IS comes from genetics like Keroko said, and isn't subject to the AMFs. That said, Rainbow Spectrum is the weakest point in Zero's bio.
Yes the IS does originate from genetics but you misunderstood. The energy to power an IS obviously does not come from a linker core, otherwise the Numbers ISes would be fizzling out under AMF.

Quote:
Same way the devices do when they tap the core for an autocast spell.
Point to me one device that has been shown to be connected to a linker core by circuitry.

Quote:
How convenient, then, that he has one plugged into his head.
And the limits of it? What can it do and what can it not do?

Quote:
I mentioned this in his powers entry; most of his equipment comes from Wily's lab. The beam sabers, as Zero's default equipment, are the exception; Zero was outfitted with those right from the start.
The impression given is that Zero copied them off Fate with the reference there.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-04-11, 09:21   Link #23359
mamott99
The Burning Toilet

Send a message via AIM to mamott99 Send a message via MSN to mamott99 Send a message via Yahoo to mamott99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post

Spoiler for LARGE:
That breakdown, ATC, reminds me of a briefing screen from a certain game, accompanied by the following music:
Spoiler for Battlefield 2 FTW:
Old 2008-04-11, 10:08   Link #23360
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I wonder if I can use this for Rebuilt...
Spoiler for CHOU GINGA!!!:
...Ideas...?