AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-22, 17:34   Link #481
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally got a copy of it... now to find time to watch it during the holiday flurries....
(getting about a 100 times the usual amount of snow/ice for this time of year)
Old 2008-12-25, 21:27   Link #482
Xaong

I haven't really liked the Dvd special episode
Xaong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 01:22   Link #483
durack

Didn't download the last two eps...now all torrents are dead
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 02:29   Link #484
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Didn't download the last two eps...now all torrents are dead
I'd suggest going here (Resharing Requests) and placing a request. Its right on the front page of the forum.

You could also visit the IRC channels of the particular fansub group and access their server bots for files...
Old 2009-02-13, 04:58   Link #485
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
OVA frickin' rocked! Kasahara throws the pervert like there's no tomorrow.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 11:03   Link #486
usagijen

Finally finished the 'summary' post for this Toshokan Sensou shoujo manga extra chapter that came out a few months ago, IIRC. It's fluffy and cute, especially made for Doujou x Iku fans :P Too bad no one seems to be scanlating this, past the first chapter, at least...
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 12:31   Link #487
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I'm personally interested in doing the shoujo manga version scanlation. But I'm getting killed by my group leader, since I haven't been editing the series I'm suppose to edit. Now my left wrist has semi-died from playing MMO and pressing ctrl+z too much on photoshop, time for the doctors I think. And I couldn't get access to reliable raws, I managed to find volume 1 in HQ, but 2nd volume is nowhere to be found. I got the chinese edition myself, but the printing quality of the chinese edition isn't ideal for scanlation.

T_T DOJO-KYOKAN ~ You tsuntsundere. That special looks amazing, I hope it's in the 3rd volume.

I need to finish off reading the novel version, I got my hands on the chinese edition. Toshokan Sensou in chinese is really difficult ._.
Old 2009-02-26, 06:55   Link #488
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Spoiler for Toshokan Senso OST Tracklist:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-03-15, 19:41   Link #489
eris_sama

Just finished this series and I loved it! Like Lovely Complex crossed with Full Meta Panic, in a good way. Any chance the novels will be translated like Seirei no Moribito?
Read the first chapters of the two manga version, interesting differences. The anime Iku is like the seinen version and anime Dojou is more like the shojou version.
eris_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 22:39   Link #490
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

THere is a group that's translating the novel as we speak.

Old 2009-03-26, 13:39   Link #491
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
...things apparently don't look rosy for the Teachers' Union, because the more thuggish elements of the nationalistic faction have resorted to intimidation tactics to scare incalcitrant schools into submission. It's no secret that the yakuza are ultra-nationalists with close links to the national government, for example, so you can well imagine what kinds of tactics they would use...

Quote:
Tokyo (March 26, 2009): A Tokyo court today rejected a damages suit by teachers who were reprimanded for refusing to stand and face the flag to sing the national anthem, which they say praises Japan's militarist past.

The Tokyo education board has since 2003 ordered public high school teachers and staff to stand in front of the national red-sun flag and sing Kimi ga Yo (Thy Reign) in praise of the emperor at school ceremonies.

The group of 171 public high school teachers and staff claim the board breached the constitution when it verbally reprimanded them and, in one case, docked a plaintiff's pay, for failing to follow the directive.

But Tokyo District Court presiding judge Shigeru Nakanishi said it was reasonable to ask teachers to take part in uniform school activities and found the punishments did "neither force any particular philosophy nor ban any".

Teachers' unions have argued that respecting the national anthem harks back to the nation's militarism under the late Emperor Hirohito, who was considered divine during World War II.

Tokyo is led by governor Shintaro Ishihara, an outspoken conservative.

The plaintiffs said they would appeal the ruling.

- AGENCE FRENCH-PRESSE
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 14:15   Link #492
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I remember hearing things like that.

Wonder if things like that were seen in the TS novels.

Old 2009-03-26, 20:03   Link #493
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Finally got a copy of it... now to find time to watch it during the holiday flurries....
(getting about a 100 times the usual amount of snow/ice for this time of year)
Followup: For the amount of violence and "think of the children" witch-hunting, this DVD special was a remarkably sweet episode.

Made me miss the series and the characters...
Old 2009-05-08, 21:07   Link #494
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I wanted an opinion from someone who's read both Spitfire and Love&War (in Japanese raw and understood them, of course), and could tell me the major difference between them. I'm hoping to move my scan group into Toshokan Sensou, but we'd take on either Love&War or Spitfire, so I was hoping some up-to-date manga readers could give their insight on the big differences between the two adaptions, other than the obvious demographic difference. Personally, I much prefer Spitfire because I'm an avid Shounen junkie, but it seems that Love&War is going to be easier to get a hold of, raw-wise. But I digress; all I wanted was some feedback as to which do you think is the better read? Thanks.
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 10:57   Link #495
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Personally I'm a shoujo-junkie, so bias-ly (is that a word?), I prefer Love and War. I haven't seen much of spitfire, I found the raws of it, I don't think there's much difference. The art in Love and War is alot more shoujo-y, but the action are drawn REALLY well for a shoujo. Even if it is the shoujo version, there's barely any sparkles, let alone flowers growing everywhere.

The paneling and story are practically the same, they both try to stay true to the novel more then the anime did.

The only major difference I see is that there's more fluffy girly scenes in Love and War. So it really depends what genre you like and whether you like Dojo-kyokan drawn more bishie like or more gar like.
Old 2010-03-27, 23:27   Link #496
qwertyuiopz

i like the whole cast
i think its cute how dojou is short

Last edited by qwertyuiopz; 2010-03-29 at 06:09.
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 07:45   Link #497
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I just finished Toshokan Sensou and I have to say I loved it despite how warped the whole concept of mass censorship seemed with Libraries forming their own defence forces.

Just like Iku said!

There were massive fire fights where there was shooting in every direction but rarely did people ever get hit. And when they did it was always just a extremity that was targeted.

A favourite scene of mine was after the massive firefight at the museum, there was Type 99 assault rifle left sitting on the parapet in the rain and the heat given off by the barrel caused the water to evaporate. Very stylish.

But the characters was where this show was at. The relationship between Iku and Doujou panned out nicely and the whole height issue was a nice change of pace from regular shows with heights reversed.

I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the odd romantic show but isn't a stickler for realism... Well it is anime but you get what I mean. The firefights are pretty intense but like I said, it's like watching two squads of Storm Troopers facing off against one another.

They'd run out of ammunition before they ran out of targets.

Can anyone tell me if the light novels offer any more to the story?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 05:05   Link #498
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Can anyone tell me if the light novels offer any more to the story?
According to earlier posters who had read the novels, the anime adaptation left out a fair bit of the story and focused more on Kasahara and Dojo's relationship than on the issues of censorship in this alternative version of Japan. Moreover, the anime was based on only the first volume (Toshokan Sensou, Library War). The subsequent volumes Toshokan Nairan (Library Infighting), Toshokan Kiki (Library Crisis), and Toshokan Kakumei (Library Revolution) were not adapted.

As for the stormtrooper marksmanship, well, I got the impression that the soldiers on both sides generally sought to avoid inflicting casualties, and shot to maim rather than to kill. Actually, the parts of the conflict often reminded me of a 1981 movie starring a very young Tom Cruise among other actors: Taps.

I laughed out loud at your mudkip signature by the way. Yes, it's awesome.
Old 2011-05-02, 06:40   Link #499
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Thanks for the info, TRL.

I'll have to track down the Light Novels.

And I can't stop listening to Base Ball Bear - Changes

XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 07:48   Link #500
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

You may want to start here: Toshokan Sensou Novel Translation.

Tags
noitamina, production i.g.