AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-18, 23:21   Link #1081
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

About Higa Yukari's condition and the next Force

http://mekapen.blog116.fc2.com/blog-entry-364.html
Please read Higa Yukari's blog.I just put a summary.

When the earthquake happened,Higa Yukari was far away from the epicenter.She is safe at all.
Her hometown is Sendai in Tohoku and her family and many friends suffered.At least her family is safe.
Because of the influence of the earthquake,the next Force chapter is temporally suspended.
She already sent some illustrations for the posters to Kadokawa.They will be included in the next Nyantype on schedule.

P.S. Fujima Takuya is safe at all,too.ViVid will run as usual.
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 23:30   Link #1082
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Can't fault her for that (no pun intended, I swear). It'll be like going back to when Force was bi-monthly.
Old 2011-03-19, 00:07   Link #1083
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably, just like someone posted here as an answer to Bananoha some time ago: Real Life is first. Hope Japan will be able to recover some sense of normality but that will take a while. Time to focus on something else meanwhile.

On another side, there's any info of the translation of Ch. 13 and Ch. 14?(well, mainly 13).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 00:15   Link #1084
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well, didn't a bunch of them go to Japan/live in Japan? Bananoha hasn't updated the blog and hasn't been seen around here... Doesn't anyone know what's up? I hope they're okay...
Old 2011-03-19, 02:58   Link #1085
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
And I'm glad of it. Unlike Ace Custom (modifying reliable, battle proven design with extra features) Super Prototype is just asking to be subverted. Hero Units deserves something effective and efficient, not barely tested toys.
Only what usually called prototypes in shows are either final stage testing models or pre-sell models, ones that made to get sold - "now cut that, that and that too, which should drop price by 30% and we'll buy it". Both are usually better IRL than cost-saving mass-produced models and NOT barely tested at all. So it's not subversion, it just we at last got alpha-test prototypes being shown in meaningful way.

PS. I did read more than enough holywars about WW2 tech where "why the hell they used N instead of M? M is clearly better" answered by "M data is hand-tweaked model which was made to get sold and you compare it with mass produced N, when performance drops in mass-production by 10/15/20%, now THAT is data from N prototype and it's clearly better than M one, likewise mass-produced M would've been worse than mass-produced N", so each time "prototype MUST be worse" is brought in it cracks me up - because it very strongly depends on WHAT kind of prototype it is...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 04:31   Link #1086
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post

When the earthquake happened,Higa Yukari was far away from the epicenter.She is safe at all.
Her hometown is Sendai in Tohoku and her family and many friends suffered.At least her family is safe.
Because of the influence of the earthquake,the next Force chapter is temporally suspended.
She already sent some illustrations for the posters to Kadokawa.They will be included in the next Nyantype on schedule.

What about Tsuzuki, then? I sometimes wonder if the man exists at all, since so little info is available on him. Maybe he is like Hajime Yatate, which would explain the wildly varying styles of every next installment...
Old 2011-03-19, 04:52   Link #1087
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, considering they're talking about temporary suspension rather than canceling, he should be okay.

But yeah "The worst disaster since world war II hit my country" is a reasonable excuse for a delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
What the hell's she doing in that panel where she shoots at the tome, then? She's plainly concentrating on something.
Hence why we think it was awkwardly drawn.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:06   Link #1088
Justin_Brett

In Force? You don't say.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:14   Link #1089
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, didn't a bunch of them go to Japan/live in Japan? Bananoha hasn't updated the blog and hasn't been seen around here... Doesn't anyone know what's up? I hope they're okay...
She's ok, just busy.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:39   Link #1090
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post

Ouch i hope she will be able to be back to normal rapidly.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 01:14   Link #1091
Fluegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
What about Tsuzuki, then? I sometimes wonder if the man exists at all, since so little info is available on him. Maybe he is like Hajime Yatate, which would explain the wildly varying styles of every next installment...
Quiet you, you want them to find you?

Everyone knows he doesn't exist. He's just a rogue AI that escaped from Banpresto's Servers.

Just like how Ted Turner's been dead for 20 years and is really just an Andr-

*gets thrown in a sack*
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 04:12   Link #1092
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Curren is a troooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
She's ok, just busy.
ヾ(^∇^)

Trip is supposed to be next month. Don't know whether we'll actually go. Not due to the nuclear plant or aftershocks, we just don't really wanna take any food from them.... Panic buyers. ;A;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 04:58   Link #1093
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, we were planning to go to Japan in a month or two as well. Needless to say, that little vacation has been delayed.

Anyway, thanks for the translations. Curren is definitely the star of this chapter.

And it seems the reason Levantine shattered was because it is made from magic after all. Hayate's ice mountain is specifically noted to be unaffected by the Eclipse because its not made from magic, but rather real ice.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-03-20 at 05:14.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 05:13   Link #1094
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the chapter, Curren (that really look odd now -_-) looks to be an "genki" character.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 05:26   Link #1095
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I still don't get how disrupting the spell by impaling the caster can cause the big-ass iceberg to just shatter and vaporize. It's not like somebody attacked it afterwards

Anyway, thanks for the translation Bananoha . ETA for next chapter? (take your time, there won't be a chapter next month anyway )
Old 2011-03-20, 05:45   Link #1096
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

I don't know anybody in Japan currently, but one of my Sifus had taken a group of students to northern China this month. I think they were headed pretty far inland to Wudang, though. Definitely donating anything I can to the relief efforts, even though I'm currently in debt.

I hear Subaru's IRL counterparts in Japan's IRL Special Rescue Team have been right up there in the thick, fighting hell at Fukushima for days now. And with cautious optimism, things are looking like they're going to get it back under control, almost at the last minute. Elite squads of ace heroes ain't fiction.

Anyway, thanks for the new chapter. Been waiting a while for this.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 07:02   Link #1097
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
I still don't get how disrupting the spell by impaling the caster can cause the big-ass iceberg to just shatter and vaporize. It's not like somebody attacked it afterwards
Perhaps it requires a great deal of concentration to keep "stable". Hayate looks somewhat tired when she's doing the "Surrender now" speech. When the concentration is broken, the iceberg can't hold together anymore as its held together by magic. My theory anyway.

Also, Stella is as adorable as always. "Wha-wha~~?"

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 09:21   Link #1098
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
First thought: DeVille speaks of "avoiding needless bloodshed". Aren't the Hucks supposed to revel in bloodshed? O__o

A few things have been finally confirmed: the Esquad was above the sea when Hayate tried hitting it with the iceberg, as I suspected; and the Hucks did retreat on Curren's orders.

I agree with people who say that Curren totally stole this chapter. Trolling people and acting genki = sure-kill recipe of success. But yay Hayate, too, the first magic user to actually impress the Hucks.
Old 2011-03-20, 11:47   Link #1099
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And it seems the reason Levantine shattered was because it is made from magic after all. Hayate's ice mountain is specifically noted to be unaffected by the Eclipse because its not made from magic, but rather real ice.
No, Levantine shattered cuz it hit something really really hard, twice. A huge block of ice didn't really need to worry about that because of the mass and it being a one shot thing anyways.

Quote:
It probably was attacked again, just off screen. Cypha was still standing right there, after all.

Though interesting to see that Hayate's been stealing from her friends' move sets, what with her use of Blaster Mode and Phalanx Shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
First thought: DeVille speaks of "avoiding needless bloodshed". Aren't the Hucks supposed to revel in bloodshed? O__o
No, they've always been complaining about killing needlessly this whole time.
Old 2011-03-20, 11:48   Link #1100
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

First of all, i'm glad that you're fine Bananoha, hope thing will go better from now on.

Now to the chapter. Curren is a troll indeed, Hayate was totally "enough of losing, this is the moment when we going to turn the tide of the battle" and Curren just came like sayin "LOL no". The Huckebein effectively retreats leaving Tohma under Currens orders but she mantions that she have "good news" for them so apparently Tohma is not the only important plot element to them, adding another mistery to the plot xD. Ch. 14 looks much more clear now with the new amount of subtext. So, for now we only need to wait.

Quote:
Hayate states that she makes the iceberg in a way that it dissolves into snow after hitting, probably with the spell interrupted the iceberg simply go said way and vaporizes into snow, so it's more a Hayate thing rather than an Eclipse issue(also noted the little hope spot they bring to Hayate when Cypha tried to break the iceberg only for Hayate to pull of the Phalanx Shift xD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Still not comfirmed, while the associaton can be made it, it's also implied that they can counter solid attacks physically(Cypha commenting on how easy is for her to cut trough ice, for example). Still if that were the case Laevateinn will just simply dissapeared instead of breaking, when Signum lays near death on the ground Laevateinn's remains are still there. They only thing explicity stated is that they are unable to cancel the big chunk of ice falling on them xD.

On another note, i think an official art showed that "Cypha" is the official name, instead of "Cypher".

EDIT: "Cypha" also goes with the vehicular theme naming and probably used after the Toyota WiLL Cypha.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force