AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-01-17, 14:43   Link #1
blkraven

Gundam Seed??

is there an offical copy out anywhere?

all thats on Ebay is boots and when i check all of my DVD websites they dont have it. i know it was licensed recently but when is it due out?
blkraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 15:13   Link #2
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkraven
is there an offical copy out anywhere?

all thats on Ebay is boots and when i check all of my DVD websites they dont have it. i know it was licensed recently but when is it due out?
And the answer to that question is... NO!!! (besides the official Japanese DVDs; but, I do not think that there are any english subtitles on them)

Besides the official Japanese DVDs and the boots, there are no other official DVDs out there. As for the release in the US... no one really knows that. It is estimated though that it will be released will be in 2005 or in the late months of 2004 if we're lucky (there is a very low possibility on that though since Bandai is working on the release of Zeta Gundam still and probably for Double Zeta Gundam as well... but it'll get released).
Strider_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 15:20   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_Lee
And the answer to that question is... NO!!! (besides the official Japanese DVDs; but, I do not think that there are any english subtitles on them)

Besides the official Japanese DVDs and the boots, there are no other official DVDs out there. As for the release in the US... no one really knows that. It is estimated though that it will be released will be in 2005 or in the late months of 2004 if we're lucky (there is a very low possibility on that though since Bandai is working on the release of Zeta Gundam still and probably for Double Zeta Gundam as well... but it'll get released).
The release date for the Seed DVDs is supposedly sometime between second quarter and third quarter this year. Also reports have it airing on Cartoon Network as early as April 2004. So we probably won't have to wait as long as you'd think.

Source: http://www.hive4media.com/news/html/...rticle_id=5497 and http://americandreamcomics.com/index...36&itemid=2543

Zeta was delayed quite a bit though so who knows.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-01-17 at 16:08.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 15:48   Link #4
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
The release date for the Seed DVDs is supposedly sometime between second quarter and third quarter this year. Also reports have it airing on Cartoon Network as early as April 2004. So we probably won't have to wait as long as you'd think.

Source: http://www.hive4media.com/news/html/...rticle_id=5497

Zeta was delayed quite a bit though so who knows.
Ah... thanks for the heads up (must have missed that article ) I did not think that we would have to wait that long for it; but yea, schedules do change considering that Zeta was pushed back for a release date (though it's at least not as bad like it is for Halo 2 and Half-Life 2).
Strider_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 15:52   Link #5
method

The prevailing thought is that Zeta will be a Dvd-only release while Seed gets the tv treatment and then the dvds.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 16:02   Link #6
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_Lee
Ah... thanks for the heads up (must have missed that article ) I did not think that we would have to wait that long for it; but yea, schedules do change considering that Zeta was pushed back for a release date (though it's at least not as bad like it is for Halo 2 and Half-Life 2).
How about Duke Nukem Forever...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
The prevailing thought is that Zeta will be a Dvd-only release while Seed gets the tv treatment and then the dvds.
Well... I would think that they'd want to put Zeta on CN too (it's not like Seed is any less gruesome than Zeta anyway) since every Gundam release has been shown some time or other... But who knows how Bandai thinks...
Old 2004-01-18, 01:45   Link #7
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Well considering MSG bombed (largely due to the older animation,) I think both CN and Bandai would be wary about putting Zeta on CN for fear of it failing (for stupid reasons of course.)

SEED has more modern animation and flash, so it'll do better.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote