AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-20, 08:35   Link #381
bigdeal000
malefic

On some of the first pages people were talking about Assassination classroom being number 1 in Jump's ranking. I know nothing about WSJ, so I got a question. How does this ranking system work? Since they're both in the same magazine, it's not like they know how many people read one piece or assassination classroom every week, right?
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 09:24   Link #382
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
On some of the first pages people were talking about Assassination classroom being number 1 in Jump's ranking. I know nothing about WSJ, so I got a question. How does this ranking system work? Since they're both in the same magazine, it's not like they know how many people read one piece or assassination classroom every week, right?
First of all: Go read Bakuman, everything is explained in-detail about the workings of JUMP and manga making.

To answer your question: Every week along with the Weekly Shounen Jump (WSJ) magazine, readers also got a questionnaire. On the questionnaire you can vote for the 3 titles you liked most the week (ranked from 1 to 3 from your own perspective).
The "rankings" are weekly, from which titles which have color pages that week are excluded for fairness reasons. The rankings also decide which series gets axed every quarter year so (or every 8-10 weeks, i wouldn't know). The rankings aren't absolute in determining which series get cut, as merchandise and tankobon sales also have a great impact on whether a series can stay or not. A good example for this would be To-love ru which achieved constantly a bottom 2 ranking for months, possibly years, yet didn't get cancelled due to ridiculous tankobon sales.

Well, just read Bakuman, everything's more or less explained there.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 11:17   Link #383
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
First of all: Go read Bakuman, everything is explained in-detail about the workings of JUMP and manga making.

To answer your question: Every week along with the Weekly Shounen Jump (WSJ) magazine, readers also got a questionnaire. On the questionnaire you can vote for the 3 titles you liked most the week (ranked from 1 to 3 from your own perspective).
The "rankings" are weekly, from which titles which have color pages that week are excluded for fairness reasons. The rankings also decide which series gets axed every quarter year so (or every 8-10 weeks, i wouldn't know). The rankings aren't absolute in determining which series get cut, as merchandise and tankobon sales also have a great impact on whether a series can stay or not. A good example for this would be To-love ru which achieved constantly a bottom 2 ranking for months, possibly years, yet didn't get cancelled due to ridiculous tankobon sales.

Well, just read Bakuman, everything's more or less explained there.
Bakuman really is not my type of thing, so I'll only read it if I have more questions about manga and stuff.
Thank you very much
Old 2013-04-24, 11:44   Link #384
bigdeal000
malefic

Chapter 40 is out.
I actually agree with the new guy to an extent. At this rate, they will never be able to kill the octopus in time. 1/4 of a year already passed and they're only at the level soldiers who kept failing are after a month. Something needs to be done, but...
Him being envious and obsessed with Karasuma is stupid. Him trying to force a training made for adults on children is also stupid and it will never work. It will just ruin them completely, mentally and physically. And overall, the guy is just a nutjob with no redeeming qualities.
That class needs to step up it's game, but little by little, not like this...also, go Nagisa, show us why you're the main character
Old 2013-04-24, 12:19   Link #385
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:27   Link #386
ChampDream
Alive

the new teacher just want to prove he is better then Karasuma-sensei, he doesn't care about everything else.
next chapter is Nagisa moment to shiny, I can wait for this!
Old 2013-04-24, 16:58   Link #387
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The end of the chapter was badass. Can't wait to see Nagisa kick that asshole's ass. Hopefully, we'll learn more about Nagisa in the process. 40 chapters in and we still know next to nothing about him. Not even his gender (I'm still hoping it will be revealed he's a reverse trap...)
Old 2013-04-24, 17:16   Link #388
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The end of the chapter was badass. Can't wait to see Nagisa kick that asshole's ass. Hopefully, we'll learn more about Nagisa in the process. 40 chapters in and we still know next to nothing about him. Not even his gender (I'm still hoping it will be revealed he's a reverse trap...)
Pretty certain he's male either that or lesbian, since there's been several instances in the manga where he was attracted to female members.

Honestly most likely is simply that he's a girly guy you generally find shounen manga's.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:38   Link #389
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It's finally here! Focus on Nagisa! And looks like it will be badass time too, couldn't ask for more, really.

Also, 40 chapters later and that body still confuses me
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:50   Link #390
ShiroiRyu

Time for Nagisa to take the show ! O_O
Old 2013-04-24, 17:55   Link #391
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Pretty certain he's male either that or lesbian, since there's been several instances in the manga where he was attracted to female members.

Honestly most likely is simply that he's a girly guy you generally find shounen manga's.
I know. I'm just delusional

Any spoilers for 41 yet? I'm dying to find out what happens.

Edit: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ssroom-teacher

This is pretty cool. There's a pic with all the stickers in the comments.
Old 2013-04-24, 18:22   Link #392
Shadow5YA

Quote:
More than that, I think he was drawn to look "cute" so that he would appear to look like the least threatening student while actually being the most dangerous one.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:41   Link #393
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

@Kanon
The earliest spoiler last week was posted by aohige on 19 April, 12:37 (24 hour clock) GMT-5 so the latest the new raws come out should be the day after (around 42 hours), assuming that there's no delay in scanning them.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).

Last edited by Auxilism; 2013-04-25 at 04:23.
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 19:04   Link #394
blade82

i was expecting on Karma with his tricks
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 19:32   Link #395
marvelB

I hope Nagisa beats Takaoka by flashing him, then cutting off one of his limbs with near Koro-sensei-level speed while he's distracted.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 02:20   Link #396
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I hope Nagisa beats Takaoka by flashing him, then cutting off one of his limbs with near Koro-sensei-level speed while he's distracted.
If Nagisa is flashing him, the logical conclusion would be cutting off Takaoka's now exposed genitals.

Naturally.
Old 2013-04-25, 02:35   Link #397
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
It was pretty obvious he would be choosing Nagisa, seeing how easily he handled everybody but got shit scared when he felt Nagisa's bloodlust. This might be one of the rematch scenarios, where Nagisa loses and gets a second go, totally crushing Takaoka.
Also, Nagisa is sort of the Protagonist of AC.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 03:46   Link #398
Tenchi Hou Take

Raws are out, Holy shit Nagisa, you be crazy boy crazy.
Old 2013-04-25, 04:24   Link #399
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Raws are out, Holy shit Nagisa, you be crazy boy crazy.
it feel like he have split personality

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 04:26   Link #400
Tenchi Hou Take

I sorta feel that was always simply the real him,
Spoiler for spoiler:

Gotta love everyones reaction though, I wonder how they'll interact with him from now on.

Tags
action, school