AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-03-30, 18:03   Link #7061
Humph

Is the anime I described above really unknown?
Because it seemed really interesting in the clip that I watched so I'm guessing it should be really popular.
Or did I give too little details?
I'm desperate I need to know it's name ASAP!
Someone help
Humph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 18:29   Link #7062
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humph View Post
Is the anime I described above really unknown?
Because it seemed really interesting in the clip that I watched so I'm guessing it should be really popular.
Or did I give too little details?
I'm desperate I need to know it's name ASAP!
Someone help
1. be patient
2. more details on looks please. like hair color etc on the 2 characters
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 19:01   Link #7063
Humph

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
1. be patient
2. more details on looks please. like hair color etc on the 2 characters
Sorry for being impatient, I just found that scene very interesting so I was in a rush to find out what anime it was from. Anyway I think the long haired guy had grey,white or silverish hair if not any of those then I'll guess it would be the usual color black. As for the second guy I guess I didn't have a good look on him.
Humph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 19:15   Link #7064
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto2000wes View Post
no gundam type mechs, i dont remember if they were referd to as gundamsor not sorry
I'm with iwatch2muchanime, your description sounds a lot like Zoids Genesis. Where people fight with mechanical combat units known as Zoids, which are shaped and named after various pre-historic animals.
Old 2010-03-30, 19:31   Link #7065
gto2000wes

Send a message via Yahoo to gto2000wes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I'm with iwatch2muchanime, your description sounds a lot like Zoids Genesis. Where people fight with mechanical combat units known as Zoids, which are shaped and named after various pre-historic animals.
i know what your talking about, and zoids is a good anime, but the mechs seem to be a lot more rare in this one, i remember the first episode he was on a ship and pulled up a mech, and then was attacked were he flew away and crashed the mech, and was eventually resqued by some one, but the entire time he was in control of the mech, he just did not know how to use it, and went the zoids also named and disigned after alot of african wildlife also?
gto2000wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 21:06   Link #7066
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Anyone know where this pic is from?

Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 00:10   Link #7067
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^
http://iwaisan.deviantart.com/art/Lin-145331405

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 00:26   Link #7068
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Thanks. I didn't know AW can look so good.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 01:04   Link #7069
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Quote:
i know what your talking about, and zoids is a good anime, but the mechs seem to be a lot more rare in this one, i remember the first episode he was on a ship and pulled up a mech, and then was attacked were he flew away and crashed the mech, and was eventually resqued by some one, but the entire time he was in control of the mech, he just did not know how to use it, and went the zoids also named and disigned after alot of african wildlife also?
They were yes. They're based on animals in general, not just prehistoric. Zoids Genesis was the newest series that hasn't hit america yet, or has it(?), but you're describing the entire into to the series here and the entire start to this kids journey.

Other than that the closest thing i know is Orguss 02 as a possibility. which is old and short.
Old 2010-04-01, 01:55   Link #7070
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
The second one was already identified, but wanted to provide some info on the first before it gets lost in the thread.

The artwork used was done by the artist Dmyo. I can't guarantee your safety, but her site is 'mostly' safe for work. It appears that the video was a project for Pentavision's game 'DJ max', which is mentioned on her credited works page (near the bottom).

I'm not really familiar with DJ Max (wikipedia) or Beatmania, but after a quick search it looks as if the song and artwork/video were also used in Beatmania.

In DJ Max it may have been titled 'Oblivion' (on youtube), and in Beatmania it may have been a rehashed video titled 'Apocalypse ~dirge of swans~' (on youtube) Not sure if the info in the description is correct, but it may also have been used as a PV. Example the song being played in DJ Max. The song might be 'Seraphim'.

Hopefully that might be enough to get you started if you wanted to look into it (art, song title, etc).

gto2000wes, this half is for you

Quote:
I wasn't sure if you got the info on my suggestion before, or if you decided it wasn't it, but I've included it below. I've also got another one in mind, but it will take me a bit to fish it out as I only watched a few episodes. (**Remembered it, I'll put that one as my first suggestion, after comments on Orguss, because it might be closer to what you are looking for.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwatch2muchanime View Post
Other than that the closest thing i know is Orguss 02 as a possibility. which is old and short.
Orguss 02 also entered my head if it means anything, but I thought it was too short, and the end I don't remember matching that, but its been a while. Riding away in the WWI truck with the girl was clearly memorable in Orguss. And maybe there was cross-dressing? It's been soo long, but I have a copy I can check later. Animation is tied to Escaflone, and is older, though. Mech's were rare, and I think they had to mine it out of the ground, near where he stole/sabotaged one??

Trying to stay in the time range...

1st quick guess: (**this could more likely be it?**)
That other anime I was thinking of was 'Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula' (aniDB) (ann info)

The main military research gorup is based on a boat, but I don't remember the action of pulling up the new mech, but keep reading as its pretty close...
Spoiler for long description - saving space since it's not needed now:

Sorry about the rambling style of everything here, I'm just trying to bring out things I remembered while quick looking at the first episode at the same time.

2nd guess:
Was it 'Kenran Butou Sai: The Mars Daybreak' (aniDB)? In several cases it matches your description pretty closely, but not so much in others so you'll have to take a look and see if it seems close.
Spoiler for to save space as this might not be needed:
Sorry about the rambling style of everything here, I'm just trying to bring out things I remembered while quick looking at the first episode to provide examples at the same time. (Got sucked into it again because the art was kinda nice, and I didn't give it a good chance) :P

Hope that helps, if not I'm not sure I have any other guesses, but if something seems close I'll mention it to see if anyone else can confirm or deny it.

gto2000wes, this section of the post is for you, just making sure you don't overlook it since the post starts off with someone else's info. go up to the bold text with your name.

Last edited by anime2004; 2010-04-02 at 14:44. Reason: added response to another request; not it >_< colapsing GF with spoiler tag
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 13:17   Link #7071
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Oh man I didn't even consider Mars Daybreak, my head wasn't on straight. I did consider Gigantic Formula because the main Mech has the Gundam-ish style down but the story elements and world didn't seem to fit at all.
Old 2010-04-02, 05:51   Link #7072
anime2004

Quote:
Oh man I didn't even consider Mars Daybreak, my head wasn't on straight. I did consider Gigantic Formula because the main Mech has the Gundam-ish style down but the story elements and world didn't seem to fit at all.
Got a response because I sent a pm toward him to make note of the new links in the post, and it suggested it wasn't Mars Daybreak after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto2000wes
... the final battle was on land btw, and it was a flying mech maybe, it is hard to remember but the fight when he crashed it he went into some woods, were someone helped him, or was captured, anyway he ended up helping the resistance to the king i guess wich was why he boke into the castle to resque the leader, or doughter or sum such type of thing, i wish i could remember better for you guys
(it's always good to post that response here, so people know if the recent guesses are correct, and if they should continue helping with guessing )

So considering that option is out... I think Orguss 02 should be re-proposed. (Despite it's 'age' and length. I forgot it was over 4eps so that helps, as it was 6)

I believe we might have figured out a way to tie the Orguss OVA (ann info) to your time frame. I haven't checked on any crane's in the first episode yet, but gto2000wes.. How about this, Orguss 02 was created around 1993-95, BUT was distributed on DVD by Manga Entertainment in 2003 So, that might explain the time frame you could have seen it in. Also, correction the end does actually match it fairly well (I forgot about the mover people >_< ), and most of the elements line up, like the truck, rebel against king, etc.

If it wasn't the others I'm not sure of another suggestion, but I do believe Orguss was too close to what you describe to dismiss it, and that you should actually really consider looking at it. I'm planning on re-watching it sometime, because looking back at it reminded me of how much I ended up enjoying it.

Screenshots don't seem too common, but you can findepisode summaries here for Orguss 02 which defiantly contain spoilers, but I think it would help you. Search the page for 'truck', and maybe read some of the description. I'll see if I can take some pictures of the anime today/tomorrow so you can compare.

EDIT:

I checked the first episode today, I'd put my money on Orguss 02

Salvage Crane
Grandpa
Aerial Attack (1st ep)
Brothel later on
Truck Escape
Random Mover Types

Here's also one of the kings, a shot of the main mech and the boy in it:

Young Boy
'His' Mech
One King, near end
Giant Mech from forest

Hard to get a shot of both the mechs on the screen at the same time due to the animation.

There's also a few other characters that are pretty distinct that I can grab shots of but I think this might be enough. You can find the intro online (youtube) and probably samples of the episodes somewhere too. The DVD may still be floating around too.

Last edited by anime2004; 2010-04-02 at 14:49. Reason: fix and links; adding a few pictures; fix last image link >_>
Old 2010-04-02, 17:11   Link #7073
gto2000wes

Send a message via Yahoo to gto2000wes
it looks like it is it thank you alot, my search for that anime must have came up wrong thanks alot for the help, and sorry for the confusion, i will keep everything in mind next time i ask for help, or try to help someone myself, thank you
gto2000wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 17:29   Link #7074
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

AHA! I knew it had to be Orguss 02... my brain told me that sounded just like it.
Old 2010-04-03, 03:56   Link #7075
anime2004

Quote:
it looks like it is it thank you alot, my search for that anime must have came up wrong thanks alot for the help, and sorry for the confusion, i will keep everything in mind next time i ask for help, or try to help someone myself, thank you
Memory is fickle like that. Often for things that have been forgotten long ago its hard to find keys that help recall more about whatever it is, and still keep straight what is surely correct, and what might be mixing with other things. Big things that help confusion is stressing what you remember being the strongest defining key/unique concepts, and verification/recall though 'question and answer'. (What people take from something and the recall keys are often different for everyone too.)

You had a reasonably detailed description of sections of the anime which usually means if someone else knows it well, that it will be obvious to them. ie. not much of anything wrong in your approach, it just doesn't help that I'd forgotten too much of Orguss, such that I couldn't confirm without rechecking. >_< Sometimes people just get stuck on one fact when its not a big part or important or just not completely accurate. Now, if you are interested and can find a copy of it.. do enjoy!

Quote:
AHA! I knew it had to be Orguss 02... my brain told me that sounded just like it.
Yeah, the military truck escape and mecha was what made Orguss pop into my head, but I had completely forgotten about the 'movers', and so they stood out a lot more to me from Mars Daybreak instead. Glad you mentioned it, or given the vintage, length, and animation, it's highly likely that I wouldn't have taken the time to check it.
Old 2010-04-04, 19:06   Link #7076
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

What show is this? From the forum's pics.

Anyone know?
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 19:09   Link #7077
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
1. this should be posted in the General Anime >> Anime ID topic next time
A mod will move this
2. It is Full metal panic
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 02:18   Link #7078
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
I'm looking for an anime that starts in Paris. If my memory is not mistaken it's called Nadja something but both MAL and AniDB give me Ashita no Nadja as the only result which is clearly wrong.

I don't remember much but it's set a bit in the past when trade was still done with sailingships. At the beginning it starts with the main guy (sorry forgot his name, it was a usual french name I think) sees the main girl (yes her name is Nadja) running along the river in Paris. Nadja is a dark skinned girl that wears clothes similar to those of gypsies. I think she had a red jacket? or something similar to that. He follows her and a lot happens between them. If I remember right it's quite a long series. For some reason a mysterious organisation is after Nadja and close to the end they kidnap her and travel to space with a spaceship while being followed by another.

The style is european and the show itself is fairly old. Though the art and animation is very well done. I watched lots of episodes years ago on RTL2 (german channel) if that helps.

I'm 99% sure that it was Paris.
Her name in the german version was Nadja. It's possible that her name is something else in other languages.
EDIT: Ok I fail, her name is Nadia, not Nadja and the show is called Fushigi no umi no Nadia. Anyway it's a great show I can reccommend to everyone.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2010-04-05 at 02:36.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 23:05   Link #7079
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I remember this anime about a twin sisters who were psychics, their powers were only teleportation and telepathy. And the show was pretty much slice of life as far as I recall. Anyone know the title of it?
Old 2010-04-06, 00:47   Link #7080
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Miracle girls

?.?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel