AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 04:39   Link #201
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

I wasn't even going to check this show out I thought it looked so horrid, but 2 episodes in it's one of my favourites of the season. An oddly sweet comedy.
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 05:46   Link #202
NinjaYali
Banned

Did this happen for you guys?

I watched the B Gata H Kei op and youtube decided to suggest to me some gravure slideshow.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 08:14   Link #203
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by juss View Post
I wasn't even going to check this show out I thought it looked so horrid, but 2 episodes in it's one of my favourites of the season. An oddly sweet comedy.
Yeah, there's something about this that is bizarrely touching. I've always loved those stories where a girl winds up with that tsundere motto, "there's no way I could like someone like HIM!". Somehow the girl's odd views make it even better, as she finds herself moving more and more from using him as a stepping stone to her goal of becoming the ultimate slut towards using the goal as an excuse or defense. Of course, to complete this, I'd bet Kosuda continues to fall for her (and her for him) and developing an excessively pure image of her, only to either find out what her intentions are/were, or be hit with a situation that makes him think even worse; and his realization will be almost simultaneous with Yamada's acceptance of her own feelings and decision to confess. It's sort of an alternate version of the princess being kidnapped right when things are getting good with the prince. The ultimate conflict almost has to come when all the other conflicts have been cleared and things seem resolved.
I have to say, there's one thing I didn't like on ep2. Why, oh WHY did Yamada have to spout a Noblewoman's Laugh? No redeemable character should ever laugh like that. Every time I hear it, I think of one of the first anime I saw, and the terror that is Naga.
Also, can't help but feel a little sympathy for Kosuda when he sees Yamada's swimsuit. An incredibly common manga/anime situation, and one that really mimics reality, the poor guy is stuck in that position for an indefinite period of time. The best you can do in that situation is close your eyes and imagine Roseanne Barr in the same outfit.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:20   Link #204
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The tone of this humor reminds me of (believe it or not) Kyou No Go No Ni. It's as if this characters were 5 years older and of course, the ecchi level is amped up considerably. But in the context of the respective settings, the sexual humor is oddly innocent and even a little sweet.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 14:43   Link #205
Audit01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
what's wrong with B-cup..
I think B-cups is a good cute size..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Obviously she just thinks having bigger breasts would help her sex appeal, but yeah i agree her size is perfect.
What you think as perfect or cute someone else may think it as lacking or repulsive. It is "in the eye of the beholder" as they say...
It is known that most men prefer women with large breasts probably that's why she feels bad.

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^

Last edited by Audit01; 2010-04-10 at 14:58.
Audit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:19   Link #206
xia

Hilarious!
Spoiler:

I thought this show was going to be sleezy, but it's turning out to be quite decent.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 23:07   Link #207
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 2 was pretty damn funny. If its the last things i do i am going to get that condom song on as my ring tone. I think what really makes B Gata H kei so funny is. Everybody has dirty thoughts we might not be inclined to blurt them out or act on them. But Yamada has no shame it comes naturally for her inducing laughter and awkward moments of epic laughter. Her weakness really is anything over a B cup lol. Even though this Miyano girl has the big tits and childhood friend cards to play i think we all know she doesnt stand a chance. But watching Yamada sweat over it is damn funny.

This had me laughing for at least 30min afterwards

Spoiler for clicky:
Old 2010-04-11, 01:37   Link #208
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

That makes me wonder what will the signboard for male's toilet room gonna be
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 02:16   Link #209
Green²
It's bacon!

That's right Kosuda, rainbow condoms. Can you unleash all the colors of the rainbow?
...Oh, that's evil.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 03:03   Link #210
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Another funny episode and it looks like this series is a keeper for me. Yamada alone makes the series so far so damn enjoyable to watch.
Old 2010-04-11, 07:30   Link #211
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audit01 View Post
What you think as perfect or cute someone else may think it as lacking or repulsive. It is "in the eye of the beholder" as they say...
It is known that most men prefer women with large breasts probably that's why she feels bad.
I could be wrong, not being a woman, but my impression is that breast size is something that women can be insecure about in a similar way to guys being insecure about penis size. The reality is it makes little goddamn difference; I've never even met a guy who stuck up his hand and said "I'm only interested in, or significantly more interested in, girls with big breasts". Yeah, we like large breasts of course, as we like skinniness or long legs or cute smiles or whatever... but it is very very far from being a dealbreaker. Most guys would kill to have a girl like Yamada into them...

I think the show made it quite clear that Yamada is considered a beauty and that most boys drool over her - one of the things I like about the show is that this isn't "end of story" as we get a lot more of the scenario from the female perspective. She may be beautiful but she's deeply insecure about her beauty to the extent that she doesn't believe that she'll ever be able to lose her virginity, she always thinks the next girl is prettier than her etc etc
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 11:06   Link #212
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
That makes me wonder what will the signboard for male's toilet room gonna be
Spoiler for Finally!:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 18:46   Link #213
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I like that.

That's very clever. XD

Kosuda would be like "OH, SHIT!"
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:17   Link #214
Zanibas

Absolutely love the whole premise on the series, just cause it's not very treaded ground. Have no idea what to expect really.

Btw, if anyone noticed during the fireworks scene..

Spoiler for Childhood Friends:
Zanibas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 03:34   Link #215
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanibas View Post

That's pretty .
Old 2010-04-12, 07:15   Link #216
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Absolutely love the whole premise on the series, just cause it's not very treaded ground. Have no idea what to expect really.

good catch thats really cute.
Old 2010-04-12, 07:22   Link #217
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And people wonder why my fanatical devotion to the archetype...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 11:13   Link #218
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And people wonder why my fanatical devotion to the archetype...
well those of us that know no longer question just run when the topic is bought back up
Old 2010-04-12, 22:12   Link #219
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Episode 2 was hilarious. I am really glad I don't have a sister, especially one like that.

Quote:

Yeah, I caught that. It's them, but as little kids.
Old 2010-04-13, 05:36   Link #220
Seiryuu

I must say, it seems surprising to me that this story is proving this popular, and yet I have not heard of one scanlation, or even RAW scans, of the manga. Well, I imagine someone will take a shot soon enough, what with how entertaining the show itself is.
I thought about it, and I realized another reason I like this series: it is one of the few shows that follows, to some extent, a complete beauty & beast setup. Almost every story with that sort of relationship setup, even the original Beauty & the Beast fairy tale, winds up with one of three outcomes: 1) beast somehow turns out to be a supermodel who needed love to return to his hunky self; 2) beauty falls for another beauty and beast lets her go; 3) beauty is actually a beast who needed love to return to her HIDEOUS self. I don't like any of these. I mean, it seems to reinforce the idea that the unattractive should look to those equally unattractive for love, that the pretty ones are completely out of their league. It doesn't take long for kids to figure out that a kiss isn't really going to turn the princess into an ogre or the ogre into a prince, and then they're stuck with romances that always develop between people of the same class. A lot of people can't help a lot of what makes them attractive or ugly, and it's nice to see a show that actually gives a straight depiction of the beautiful loving the average.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen