AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 35.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 35.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-11, 19:03   Link #21
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Princess of Darkness

It came on timing for me not to have commented upon episode nine due that episode ten both nicely and concisely confirms my suspicions that Kurenai Maria.....
Spoiler:

My take which has been cleared up in the flashback....
Spoiler:

Exactly, why were Kanames' reasons to invite Maria into the Academy are not touched upon except that the arrangement was conducted due to the rules of the vampire world.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-11, 21:28   Link #22
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I really liked the scene with Maria and Zero ~ ! I just felt like it was well done, especially amidst all of the lukewarm animation and such.
Old 2008-06-12, 18:52   Link #23
1nakata
Akiraman

vampire-knight-10 Screens / Impressions

Screens up at my site for download through Flickr, Wikipedia has a good summary of the episode on their site.

I kind of like how things are going and how Maria is toying with Yuuki and Zero, I am not so sure but in the animation it looks like Maria cut herself and indirectly injures Zero? with Ichiru now in the mix and siding Maria it will be interesting how things turn out at the end

Also is it just me or was it starting to get a little Yaoi at the end?

Last edited by 1nakata; 2008-06-12 at 18:55. Reason: updates
Old 2008-06-12, 19:29   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nakata View Post
...Also is it just me or was it starting to get a little Yaoi at the end?
Yes, and it was quite nice, too. Pure brotherly love, of course, but with a generous helping of yaoi fanservice -- to go with the smidgen of yuri fanservice, and the more than smidgen of bishounen fanservice. Equal-opportunity fanservice.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-06-13, 01:30   Link #25
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
ahhh maria-sama is amazing.......
too cute lol
overall good episode, however The flashback took a lil too long.
too much Yaoi LOL
Old 2008-06-13, 06:38   Link #26
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
No, we're going every week until ep13 on June 30. Then probably a hiatus. But I don't have any official statement about that, just inference from the TV listings.
oh good then ~

then gotta wait till they make it official for the next season ~

thank you ^^
Old 2008-06-13, 18:51   Link #27
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Does anyone know what the line "I need your seed to heal wounds and regenerate." means?

Maria-san said it after being shot by zero. I am not sure what it means but my idea is currently R-18.
Old 2008-06-13, 19:50   Link #28
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Maybe her real body is hurt ..and she needs Zero's blood to fix it up
Old 2008-06-13, 22:20   Link #29
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yes, and it was quite nice, too. Pure brotherly love, of course, but with a generous helping of yaoi fanservice -- to go with the smidgen of yuri fanservice, and the more than smidgen of bishounen fanservice. Equal-opportunity fanservice.
I'd prefer no-opportunity fanservice.

Pure brotherly love and gay innuendo just don't mix. You can't have both without the latter trivializing the former. At least this ep didn't cross any lines from which it couldn't return, but damn it came close at some stages.
Old 2008-06-14, 02:01   Link #30
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Ichiru seems to have a brother complex, doesn't he?

PS. By the way, what are the connotations of 'Your Seed"? Just confused about what Maria-san meant, thanks.

Last edited by Droplet; 2008-06-14 at 02:12.
Old 2008-06-14, 04:08   Link #31
Mirakuru

It's funny, because the entire time I read the manga and watched the anime I never thought of the brotherly love as.. well, more than that. xD It may be because I'm a girl, but I thought the scenes between them were just innocent, cute flashbacks showing how much their relationship has changed from the past to the present. ^^;;

About the 'seed' part, I think that is just imagery depicting the 'bond' between Zero and Shizuka. I think their relationship is somewhat mutualistic and/or parasitic, since Shizuka turned Zero into a vampire and he can feel her presence (as depicted when his neck hurt). So basically whenever Shizuka (the 'host')
is hurt, Zero will also be affected. I don't think Maria's line is intended to be a sexual metaphor.. and the manga doesn't mention anything along those lines either. xD So I think it's safe to assume that.

And.. xD I forgot to mention how much I loved the Zero x Yuuki scene in this episode!! It is one of my favorite scenes in the manga, and I love Zero's line, 'If Yuuki was not there, I might not have been able to live.' Yuuki's shirt was white in the manga as opposed to black in the anime, but then again that's getting waaay too nit-picky. ^^;;

Anyways I'm excited to see how things will play out~ what with Ichiru being introduced so early. Hopefully there will be more of him in the anime, so IMO he's one of the more interesting characters in the series. I'm excited that the anime is taing a slight detour from the manga, and hopefully there will be an interesting turn of events that will be just as good as its counterpart. =D Either way, I can't wait for certain events that should be coming in the next couple episodes!
Old 2008-06-14, 04:53   Link #32
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

ive noticed some kind of thing from the chapter 17 and the anime ep 10
Spoiler for the thing ive noticed:

and this ep is kinda hentai >_< some yuri some yaoi.. where's ecchi?
Old 2008-06-15, 11:17   Link #33
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Yeah, my opinion on the whole needing Zero's seed covers a small range.

In her real form, Maria said that she will give Zero the "seed of sin". In reference to that, it would eliminate Seed as something R-18 .

In my opinion, it probably has something to do with his blood - the human blood which she defiled. Basically, if Zero shoots her, the pain reverts right back to him, because they have a "blood bond". Well, it's more one-sided, because it's Her blood in Him, not His in Hers.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Closed Thread