AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-18, 20:24   Link #3481
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Jokes aside i really think Nanoha is a bit too obsessed with her power and authority. Specially since she started to escalate in the food chain inside the bureu and became a Captain.
Power I can agree on, but authority. She did turn down a promotion after Strikers.
Old 2011-08-18, 20:48   Link #3482
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
Power I can agree on, but authority. She did turn down a promotion after Strikers.
A promotion that probably will take her away from the battlefield. She likes to excercise authority right in front of her opponent's faces(such as Dieci or Tohma). Nanoha most probably feel uncomfortable on a desk job.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-18, 22:05   Link #3483
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Question:
1. Do the TSAB grade any operations they've conducted (based on severity, scale, damage, etc)?
2. I remember a scene in A's where when Nanoha was about to Divine Buster Vita from long(?)-range, the inside view of a targeting scope was briefly shown. Did Nanoha actually aim with it, or was it just a view from inside RH? And if its the former, how did she use it? Did RH telepathically send the images directly to her head, considering she didn't have something like a visor or such?
Old 2011-08-18, 22:07   Link #3484
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Question:
1. Do the TSAB grade any operations they've conducted (based on severity, scale, damage, etc)?
2. I remember a scene in A's where when Nanoha was about to Divine Buster Vita from long(?)-range, the inside view of a targeting scope was briefly shown. Did Nanoha actually aim with it, or was it just a view from inside RH? And if its the former, how did she use it? Did RH telepathically send the images directly to her head, considering she didn't have something like a visor or such?
1) Likely, given the military premise of the organization.
2A) She aimed with it. We see her do the same against the first set of Jewel Seed beasts in the movie.
2B) Magic.
Old 2011-08-19, 00:38   Link #3485
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Well, I have read on the Japanese wiki that they assess criminals according to the threat they pose, using the same rank scale as mage ranks. That is why Zafira (effectively a familiar, and they don't get mage ranks) and Lutecia (who was too young to get ranked and likely no chance to pass any examinations) have "mage ranks" assigned to them. These are not actually mage ranks but "threat ranks" from their criminal days.

I imagine the Bureau uses the same rank scale to assess the severity of an incident, though IIRC nothing of the like has been shown in canon so far.

Quote:
AFAIK that was the "Snip [sic] Shot", a mod for ranged spells that Chrono, Nanoha, and Vice have been using to improve their accuracy. I am not sure how exactly it works, but presumably the same way Nanoha can guide her shooting spells with her mind, only this time, RH assists her aiming.
Old 2011-08-19, 02:28   Link #3486
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
A promotion that probably will take her away from the battlefield. She likes to excercise authority right in front of her opponent's faces(such as Dieci or Tohma). Nanoha most probably feel uncomfortable on a desk job.
Confidence that she can do her job and save people =/= "exercising authority"
Old 2011-08-19, 02:47   Link #3487
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Confidence that she can do her job and save people =/= "exercising authority"
That's why those moments are called "glimpses", Nanoha don't show it all the time but there are moments where her authoritarism and pretentiousness is more notorious. Her claims right before facing Tohma are an egregious example.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-19, 03:30   Link #3488
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, no. That's just what you're turning it into. Fun stuff for a fic, but don't try to portray it as a fact.
Old 2011-08-19, 13:14   Link #3489
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Ok maybe i used too strong words, but you can't deny she's a bit pushy and confident when facing someone who has proven to be perfectly able to rip appart her comrades.

By the way

Quote:
Reading the "Enforcer" article i learned that it's not exactly like the job of a cop officer and more like a police comissioner or a detective(a la "Gordon"). So i guess Fate only go after notorious or particulary dangerous criminals. Mid Childa have a "police force"? how it is called? What's the name/rank assigned to the ones who pursue those pesky pickpocket burglars?
From the force thread, i really want to know a bit more specific info about Mid's "police" force. Name, ranks, the more info available the better.

I have a "private detective" story in my mind but i need info about that first xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-19, 13:57   Link #3490
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
I will continue the discussion from the Force thread here, because it's more appropriate...

Quote:
Mid Childa have a "police force"? how it is called? What's the name/rank assigned to the ones who pursue those pesky pickpocket burglars?
We don't have many references for the Mid police, but a police office is visited by Nove and Einhalt in ViVid chapter 5, page 14. Additionally, Genya's Battalion 108 seems to carry out police-like functions, since its HQ was alarmed of Heidi's attacks in ViVid chapter 1, page 20. I am guessing that since the Bureau positions itself as "security force" rather than a military, its Ground Forces provide basic police work, similar to how it's Armed Aerial Mages provide disaster relief -- refer to StrikerS episode 2 (airport fire). In the same scene, you can see that the Ground Forces also play emergency relief role.

Quote:
*Press Conference*
Fate: I will never managed to capture this mafia boss without the help of these men and women...
Local world mobsters are way below Fate's profile. You have to be an interdimensional terrorist and a major threat to the society to get her on your case.
Old 2011-08-20, 01:19   Link #3491
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Interdimensional version of Don Corleone + Yuri Orlov.
*fakeitalianaccent* "I'm going to make Fate an offer she can't refuse."
Old 2011-08-21, 00:07   Link #3492
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Disc 1 of SSX references in several places the function of "patrol officers" who appear to fulfill basic, low-level police duties.
Old 2011-08-24, 20:58   Link #3493
ZeroIchiNi

Question: Not sure if I should be asking at the Vivid board though.

Who was raising Einhart up to this point in Vivid? and how/why does she have Klaus' memory?
Old 2011-08-24, 21:02   Link #3494
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Question: Not sure if I should be asking at the Vivid board though.

Who was raising Einhart up to this point in Vivid? and how/why does she have Klaus' memory?
A) We don't know.
B) Belkan family trait mumbo-jumbo, apparently. She wasn't the first one to inherit it.
Old 2011-08-24, 21:42   Link #3495
ZeroIchiNi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
A) We don't know.
B) Belkan family trait mumbo-jumbo, apparently. She wasn't the first one to inherit it.
Not much huh...

A) She couldn't be homeless with that look, but then again we haven't ran across a homeless person in Mid yet.

If she isn't then I wonder what her parents/guardians are thinking right now. Had she left the group to go off somewhere like her home? If not I think she would be in the missing children report.

B) Would this be a blessing or a curse? considering how her motivation is basically "Get stronger or you'll lose someone close to you" since she was born. Doesn't sounds like she's having a choice if she wants to learn to fight or not.
Old 2011-08-24, 21:59   Link #3496
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Not much huh...

A) She couldn't be homeless with that look, but then again we haven't ran across a homeless person in Mid yet.

If she isn't then I wonder what her parents/guardians are thinking right now. Had she left the group to go off somewhere like her home? If not I think she would be in the missing children report.

B) Would this be a blessing or a curse? considering how her motivation is basically "Get stronger or you'll lose someone close to you" since she was born. Doesn't sounds like she's having a choice if she wants to learn to fight or not.
We've seen Einhart at her house, so she's definitely not homeless. The parent/guardian thing is what we're clueless on.
Old 2011-08-25, 00:45   Link #3497
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
and how/why does she have Klaus' memory?
Because apparently, Klaus' genes were so strong, his memories, silvery-green hair, and even knowledge of Kaiser Arts is passed on genetically. I think Einhalt explains that in early chapters, also implying that not all her ancestors had Klaus' traits but she is not the first.

Quote:
Well, we don't know whether all her ancestors felt the need to prove themselves with their Kaiser Arts, although she does mention that all of them felt Klaus' regret over his failure to save Olivie. So... a "mixed blessing"?
Old 2011-08-25, 00:49   Link #3498
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We should note that Einhart's nightly recollections of Klaus' defeat stopped happening after she became friends with Vivio, and only had dreams of Klaus and Olivie's friendship.
Old 2011-08-25, 00:57   Link #3499
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We should note that Einhart's nightly recollections of Klaus' defeat stopped happening after she became friends with Vivio, and only had dreams of Klaus and Olivie's friendship.
Really? I haven't been following ViVid... Has she said that, or were these recollections simply not shown anymore?
Old 2011-08-25, 00:58   Link #3500
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Really? I haven't been following ViVid... Has she said that, or were these recollections simply not shown anymore?
Both spoken and shown. End of the training match arc, IIRC.