AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-19, 00:56   Link #261
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Does anyone know the total amount of episodes for this anime?
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 04:09   Link #262
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
Does anyone know the total amount of episodes for this anime?
It's currently listed as a 12-episode series, according to Anime News Network.

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 08:42   Link #263
Marke

that seams very short!
Marke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 09:07   Link #264
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marke
that seams very short!
Well, the manga isn't that long anyway. With 6 episodes they went through a volume and a half (out of a current total of 5), so it's reasonable.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 09:59   Link #265
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

At least there's another anime that I can archive ... mmm ... GOOD! VELY GOOD!
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 10:07   Link #266
Trax
Rock beats scissors

From seeing ep5 and the preview to 6, it seems to me that Rock better be careful not to get on Revi's nerves too much. She had a tough life, but isn't looking for any sympathy. And seeing what Rock is like, and what he represents to her, is pissing her off.

Even if she would want to, she is too far gone to get back to a regular life. This lifestyle is all she knows and understands, she might even be scared to reluinqish this familiar lifestyle. Plus she'd probably get bored fast anyway trying to live a normal life. :P

The ending melody is eerie and sad, it suits her.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 12:03   Link #267
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
From seeing ep5 and the preview to 6, it seems to me that Rock better be careful not to get on Revi's nerves too much. She had a tough life, but isn't looking for any sympathy. And seeing what Rock is like, and what he represents to her, is pissing her off.

Even if she would want to, she is too far gone to get back to a regular life. This lifestyle is all she knows and understands, she might even be scared to reluinqish this familiar lifestyle. Plus she'd probably get bored fast anyway trying to live a normal life. :P

The ending melody is eerie and sad, it suits her.
Remember, Rock has no right to tell her to leave all this behind. He left his world to join hers, so Rock has no right to suggest his world is more attractive.
Old 2006-05-19, 17:27   Link #268
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy
It's currently listed as a 12-episode series, according to Anime News Network.
Here's hoping for a second & third season. ^_^

Episode 04 & 05 were pretty much amazing to watch, and i'm happy that the whole Nazi thing hasen't ended.. it just seems like a great idea for the show, and also a reason to see more crazy arse action with Revy. <3
Old 2006-05-19, 19:21   Link #269
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Looks like all the good anime series is very short (~13 epi). New trend in the industry? I dont mind that much as long as they can keep the high quality and story focused.

Beside i think it's a good move, make a short season, see how well it's received then only make a 2nd season instead of dumping money into a 26 episode series that might or might not work.
Old 2006-05-19, 21:42   Link #270
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Just watched ep 6...

A question to all of you:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-19, 22:00   Link #271
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just watched ep 6...

A question to all of you:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 22:34   Link #272
SinsI

Why would she bother with a moral bullshit? If she wants to do something, she does it - it's not like she is a deep-concious, thoughtful and caring person.
And as for "they saw her face"... Come on, it's open seas in a lawless pirate heaven, nobody cares whether they saw it or not. And I tend to think that that manga massacre is better suited to her - after all, those pests might try to interfere, and getting shot by an amateur is no better than getting shot by a pro. It's not like she wants anything out of them, or is it?

As for the length... Current story took 3 episodes(or maybe even more), first and second one also weren't the shortest of all, so if it is really only 12 episodes total, then we are going to see only two or three more story arcs, probably skipping most of the other characters - and that could be very sad. On the other hand, while that story index side bar on the official site does have only 12 slots, it might be just a site issue.

BTW, I want to see more of Crazy Rock - that would suit him better than constantly being wimpy.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 23:05   Link #273
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Oh, another point; I agree that they would have looted the ship of all its valuables, specifically the armoury.

Bullets aren't free, and looting is what they do anyway. It's not like the dead people are going to need them. But it's likely not relevant to the plot, so it's not going to be shown.
Old 2006-05-19, 23:49   Link #274
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

What do you think happened during Revy's childhood. From watching episode 6, Revy did mention herself being used as a prostitute by her companions. Do you think that she was being forced to have sex with older guys as a child. I heard about how kids get kidnapped and turn into a prostitutes in some countries.
Old 2006-05-20, 00:02   Link #275
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
What do you think happened during Revy's childhood. From watching episode 6, Revy did mention herself being used as a prostitute by her companions. Do you think that she was being forced to have sex with older guys as a child. I heard about how kids get kidnapped and turn into a prostitutes in some countries.
"Some" countries?

Every country, you mean. And I mean every.
(I see you are from the States... Oprah had a TV special on this, and they found that the majority of children prostitutes/kidnapped children from Mexico are sent to the biggest cites of USA, because that's where the rich people are.)

People-trafficking (the modern, pleasant term for the Slave Trade) is only third behind drugs and guns as a money-maker for syndicates. Ironic, since Black Lagoon transports drugs and guns.
Old 2006-05-20, 01:42   Link #276
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
My Japanese is pretty rusty so I wouldn't really know, but perhaps you're actually referring to her talk from episode 5? I believe she was simply making a figurative statement there. The scanlated chapter I have translated that line as something along the lines of, "I'd rather my buddies treated me like a whore..."

With regard to what she actually went through as a child—it isn't actually crystal clear yet, (I think...) but it's been heavily implied that she learned how to shoot and kill at an early age. It's possible that she might have gone through other nasty stuff in the past, but it's practically a fact that killing people was very prevalent during her younger days.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 19:46   Link #277
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
My Japanese is pretty rusty so I wouldn't really know, but perhaps you're actually referring to her talk from episode 5? I believe she was simply making a figurative statement there. The scanlated chapter I have translated that line as something along the lines of, "I'd rather my buddies treated me like a whore..."

With regard to what she actually went through as a child—it isn't actually crystal clear yet, (I think...) but it's been heavily implied that she learned how to shoot and kill at an early age. It's possible that she might have gone through other nasty stuff in the past, but it's practically a fact that killing people was very prevalent during her younger days.
The Chinese and English translations have different takes on the nuances of that statement so that even now I'm still uncertain on her exact meaning, but my overwhelming impression was that it was a figurative statement. Stepping back, it may also seem a bit odd if Revi just out of the blue starts going into details of her rough past (raped, etc), and instead she threatens Rock with the details.
Old 2006-05-21, 00:14   Link #278
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, damn... my, oh my!

Rock has balls of freaking steel! My respect for the guy just went literally through the roof!

Damn, that was a great episode, especially for Rock and Revy.

Spoiler for episode 7:

Really-really good episode. Loved Rock's standing up to Revy and letting it all out. Oh, and it's official. Her full name is Rebecca. 8)

Next episode we have something interesting in store. You see, there is this kind, harmless looking meganekko maid...

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-05-21 at 00:24.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 01:09   Link #279
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I shouldnt of even read the spoiler tag.
Old 2006-05-21, 08:07   Link #280
kujoe
from head to heel

Wow! Rock and Revy just made episode 7, as expected. Hell, it's even better than I thought it would be. Man, what a wonderful episode.

Looks like we'll see even better stuff afterwards. Considering that they went through with the Neo-Nazi arc earlier than expected, it seems to me that they saved the more action-packed events for last.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, seinen