AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-09, 12:07   Link #2301
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
Hello Everybody!!! I think it´s a little late ^_^u but I have started watching Simoun and I love the serie so much, the lastest chapter I watched was the episode 18 and now I don´t know were get the other chapters
Simoun-Fans are still releasing the series - we should have episode 19 out soon...

If you can still get hold of raws then you can use Wowo's soft-subs.

Glad you're enjoying the show.
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 15:20   Link #2302
Angelorum

Ah!!!! lots of thanks, I thought that all chaptes were already out so I will wait how lucky!!
Angelorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 16:46   Link #2303
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
There is a word for "at first I was disappointed with [in this case the ending of Simoun] but when I thought about it some more I actually liked it": rationalization. Which ties in with what I was saying before about whoever buys into and gets invested in [in this case Simoun] being inclined to whitewash its faults. (I'm no exception, I just don't do it for Simoun.)
I completely disagree with this for the simple reason that I adore ep26.The last minutes were exceptionnal,it was Art.I am serious here,I know that in 99,9999% the case anime are good enterteinment not Art.The last minutes had the right music;the right rythm,beautiful pictures....It was absolutely perfect.I don't "feel" very often when I watch anime.
But every time I watch the last minutes,it's the same thing:nostalgia,pure nostalgia.My heartbeat slows and I think "those were the days".I have probably watched this scene almost ten times now and I adore it.I just watched it again before posting here. I had a the same feeling while reading a chapter of YKK,I dont remember wich one.
Beautiful,what else to say?
Now,perhaps I have no life(I keep watching the same scene over and over,scary isn't it?)but for me any kind of work that can gives you such a subtle emotion(we're not talking about just crying because your fav character dies here)deserves to be called a masterpiece.Those 5 minutes(starting from floe's appearence)were exceptionnal.The 26 eps were worth that final moment.
And I honestly don't know what to think of you if you didn't appreciate the end,I simply don't understand.

I apologize for the rant,I probably look like a dangerous maniac but I had to write it.
Old 2006-11-11, 19:31   Link #2304
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
I completely disagree with this for the simple reason that I adore ep26.
Disagree with what, exactly? So you adored the end. How does this contradict what I said about people who were at first disappointed with the ending maybe doing some rationalizing to turn themselves around? Since you never disliked it in the first place, this obviously doesn't apply to you and wasn't meant to. It doesn't change anything about whether it may apply to someone else or not.

Quote:
And I honestly don't know what to think of you if you didn't appreciate the end,I simply don't understand.
It's not possible for me to appreciate the ending the way you did if I didn't already have an emotional involvement with the series. Since you say you don't "feel" very often when you watch anime, perhaps there's not as much wrong with me as you seem to think -- since I do "feel" quite often when I watch anime. Let's not make the fact that I didn't do so in the particular case of Simoun into something it isn't. A big reason for why I didn't just drop Simoun in the first place was because people kept comparing it with other shows that I bloody well do have emotional involvement in (including YKK). I'm sorry, but whether one thinks Simoun is great or not is not an ISO standard for emotional development or art appreciation.

I wasn't particularly disappointed in Simoun or its ending, as such. (That would require great expectations.) It's a perfectly adequate anime--just not one that "does it" for me. All the clamoring in this thread didn't bear out in relation to the other works I like that Simoun was/is being compared to.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 11:46   Link #2305
fignae
floofer. floof.

Niino Michi's on the radio show this week, for those who aren't following it these days. I thought it was unbearably stupid at first, then ended up laughing at how silly they were. xD It may also be a tad more intelligent, hee.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 14:49   Link #2306
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've finally made a page with photos of all the seiyuus in Simoun, with pics of their characters. Better late than never.

It was nice to find the faces of some of the older seiyuus, such as those for Wauf and Halconf and Anubituf. And Furoe's seiyuu, who turns out to be 16, has only done this one show, so her photo is a cap from one of the DVD extras.

In seeking out information about Yukana (Dominura), I discovered that she is indeed a controversial figure, as eggplant intimated earlier. In 2000, she was accused of having ruined one sound director's marriage. When you see her photo, you'll see someone who looks rather sharp and extremely attractive. She took six months off to go and do English study in the US, then returned and changed her stage name from Nogami Yukana to just Yukana. One post I saw said that in fact the sound director in question was a bachelor, so who knows what actually happened.

Then last year, she was chosen to play Four Murasame in a new Zeta Gundam OVA, and the older seiyuu who had played the role in the '80s went ballistic, covering her home page with closely-argued tirades against the sound director who had chosen Yukana. The rumor was that Yukana had got the role because of a personal or physical relationship with the sound director. Eggplant referred earlier to the "casting couch" being not unknown in the seiyuus' world. Gundam fans sided with the previous seiyuu and although their ire was against the sound director, Yukana was tarnished. There's a link in Yukana's entry in the Hashihime Seiyuu Gallery to a Japanese site about the controversy.

But Yukana's great talent seems to have overcome all that. Not only did she play Mashiro in Mai-Otome, and Dominura, Eri and Erif in Simoun, but she has important roles in two current hits: Code Geass and Soukou no Strain. Roles that differ considerably from either of her roles in Simoun. I love her work in both shows, and so far can actually recommend the latter show itself, which is mecha SF with a plot based loosely on A Little Princess (!?), and which stars the great Kawasumi Ayako.

In addition to the Simoun page, I have made a Hashihime Home Page with links to the various pages I've made, and to external sites that I think are useful, especially for info about seiyuus. Having recently come across a number of seiyuu magazines, I have also updated some of the seiyuu photos in the Hashihime Seiyuu Gallery, which you can link to from the home page.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 15:10   Link #2307
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've finally made a page with photos of all the seiyuus in Simoun, with pics of their characters. Better late than never.
Oh my, why is it so absolutely funny to see the seiyuu's faces beside their characters? Maybe it's the facial matches. LOL.... Thanks for the photos of the lesser-known seiyuu!

I've heard about the Yukana reports. I'm not a fan of her, just her voice, occasionally, so I find myself quite unconcerned about what she chooses to do with her private life. (Bit surprised to not care, actually.)

Quote:
But Yukana's great talent seems to have overcome all that. Not only did she play Mashiro in Mai-Otome, and Dominura, Eri and Erif in Simoun, but she has important roles in two current hits: Code Geass and Soukou no Strain. Roles that differ considerably from either of her roles in Simoun. I love her work in both shows, and so far can actually recommend the latter show itself, which is mecha SF with a plot based loosely on A Little Princess (!?), and which stars the great Kawasumi Ayako.
Yukana's still not popular, though.

I believe the Soukou no Strain role is similar to Mashiro. A Mashiro who isn't spoilt and is fairly capable. The height, the intelligence, the voice-- I admit that I like the character for those qualities. Kawasumi Ayako's Sara is Saber-ish. Frances Hodgson Burnett. Haven't read that... book? story? But the anime is, somehow, very arresting. (And I so should visit that thread instead of thought-dumping, but I'm really, really, not a mecha person. I still can't recognize the different Simoun, to this day.)
Old 2006-11-14, 15:35   Link #2308
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae View Post
... I'm really, really, not a mecha person....)
I'm not a mecha person either, which is why it surprises me that I'm enjoying Soukou no Strain so much. I think it's the seiyuu and the story. But I am even beginning to appreciate the fighting. Scary. Maybe the simoun softened me up for it, lol.

A Little Princess is a novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett (A Secret Garden) that was published in 1903 and was made into at least one movie, in 1995.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-14, 16:01   Link #2309
fignae
floofer. floof.

Ah yes, didn't think of checking Wiki. Wow.... I like the space battles too. Can't dislike animation when it's that good.

The fighting tactics in Simoun are rather boring, aren't they? I think they do the same thing over and over again without making any breakthroughs. Which is a little sad, heh, but of course winning or fighting is not the point. But even the dialogue, though, takes this odd circular path, retreading its own footsteps as if history can remember and repeat itself. (Nah, that's taking a metaphor too far.) The structural neatness just... is disturbing. Are the dots even worth the joining?

Certainly not here and now.
Old 2006-11-14, 16:51   Link #2310
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Ah!!!! lots of thanks, I thought that all chaptes were already out so I will wait how lucky!!
Simoun-Fans have now released episode 19.

Torrents are available at http://a.scarywater.net/simoun-fans/
Old 2006-11-15, 01:05   Link #2311
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Quote:
Code Geass and Soukou no Strain....
and so far can actually recommend the latter show itself, which is mecha SF with a plot based loosely on A Little Princess (!?)
Good insight.
You must already know this, but even Soukou no Strain's character names are from A Little Princess and Little Lord Fauntleroy.
It has Sara as the protagonist, Emily as her doll, as in A Little Princess, Cedi from Cedric of Little Lord Fauntleroy, and others.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 09:01   Link #2312
Angelorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
Simoun-Fans have now released episode 19.

Torrents are available at http://a.scarywater.net/simoun-fans/

Thank you very much!!! I´m going to donwload it as fast as I can ^_^u ARigato!!
Angelorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 09:23   Link #2313
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I know this post is a little off-topic for the Simoun thread, but thanks for the info about Yukana. I've heard she was a 'controversial' actress, though never really understood why. Like fignae I don't give an ounce for her personal life but I'm glad she's bounced back from it, whatever the truth is.

She was interviewed in the Code Geass special and left quite an impression on me. She came across as not only hugely talented but also as someone who was deeply professional with a touch of glamour thrown in. In absolute stark contrast to the wannabe seiyuus in their bikinis fighting like cats for a minor role in said show.

I was impressed with her Dominura, even if she was overshadowed by the rest of the cast. Hopefully these new roles in Geass and Strain will help her get more recognition.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 22:45   Link #2314
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A few pages ago, we were wondering what Studio Deen's next project would be. Their Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori is on right now, but a big project is released next Wednesday: the third series of Maria-sama ga Miteru. It's an OVA series of five 50-minute episodes. The first DVD goes on sale Wednesday 29 November, and the others will follow at two-month intervals.

I don't see a detailed staff list, but it will share three cast members with Simoun: Koshimizu Ami, Noto Mamiko, and Toyoguchi Megumi. And among the pictures from the first OVA on this page of the official site, there's a picture of Touko that reminds me a lot of the early Mamiina. Come to think of it, there are similarities of personality, too.

A discussion is already proceeding on AnimeSuki here.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-21 at 23:04.
Old 2006-11-22, 00:40   Link #2315
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
A few pages ago, we were wondering what Studio Deen's next project would be. [...] the third series of Maria-sama ga Miteru.
Ohh, Studio Deen was behind Marimite! That just cracks me up--happened to be watching an episode minutes ago, trying to figure out why I don't especially like that show. I think it was partly the video quality, and how episodic and trivial it sometimes seems. *goes happily OT* But I was surprised to find that the directing and pacing (and the voice acting?) wasn't that unlike Simoun's.

Whoa, these artists look like they just came from drawing Mamiina and co.!

http://www.gokigenyou.com/images/spe...a/ova01_06.jpg
Old 2006-11-22, 22:30   Link #2316
delphinen

Quote:
Thank you very much!!! I´m going to donwload it as fast as I can ^_^u ARigato!!
Is it just me or torrents are not working? I get: Tracker: [Failure reason "This torrent is not allowed on this tracker."]
delphinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 01:50   Link #2317
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphinen View Post
Is it just me or torrents are not working? I get: Tracker: [Failure reason "This torrent is not allowed on this tracker."]
Azureus seems to think the tracker's okay here... (at least for all the x264 torrents.) The web page itself reports rather broken statistics, though, which is odd. Which torrent is giving you trouble?
Old 2006-11-23, 02:34   Link #2318
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphinen View Post
1. Which client are you using? That might make a difference. Some trackers apparently don't like some clients, especially BitComet. 2. You might look at/post to the Download Help forum and see if any of the techies there have an answer. 3. Is it a consistent problem, or maybe just a temporary disagreement between your ISP and the tracker? I have sometimes got that message when my personal network is feeling flaky.

EDIT: This is all beside the point. I hear that a.scarywater.net, where many sub torrents are, has been having problems.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-28 at 00:09.
Old 2006-11-27, 16:02   Link #2319
Seska

Sorry for Offtopic.

But as requestet, my Simoun AMVs are back Online. See my Signatur. Enjoy...

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 05:35   Link #2320
fignae
floofer. floof.

Results of the character popularity poll.

But more importantly, this section of the page...

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri