AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-31, 11:34   Link #41
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
how many episodes is this supposed to be 24? 26?
24 episodes. Hope that helps.
Old 2009-01-01, 03:03   Link #42
Index92

Does anyone know where I can read the full novel online? I want to read the chapter where they go to the beach and switch bodies=]
Old 2009-01-01, 03:41   Link #43
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
I think they're still working on the translation of volume 1.
Old 2009-01-01, 10:34   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

@Index92

Spoilers... Delete them please.
No, there is no place currently where you can read the novel online, because it hasn't been translated yet.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-01-02, 01:35   Link #45
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Maybe Index92 can read Japanese and was asking for where to read Japanese raws online... But even so, I do not know where.

And yes there is no english translation so far.
Old 2009-01-03, 00:54   Link #46
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
24 episodes. Hope that helps.
That is great! Thank you so much. I think i might just wait till it's all over to re-pick the series up...i've watched like 5 episodes and i don't want to wait each week...so i guess i'll wait a bit longer hehe...i always do that pretty much...takes away the whole cliff hanger problem u know?
Old 2009-01-03, 20:43   Link #47
jwai

Just a brief question. What exactly are those goggles that the Misaka clones use? I think they might be night-vision goggles, but they could be something else too, especially since Mikoto has no need of such a device.
Old 2009-01-03, 21:30   Link #48
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Just a brief question. What exactly are those goggles that the Misaka clones use? I think they might be night-vision goggles, but they could be something else too, especially since Mikoto has no need of such a device.
Unlike Biri Biri, the Sisters can't track electromagnetic flows on their own, so they have to rely on the goggles to visualize them.
Old 2009-01-04, 00:26   Link #49
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Unlike Biri Biri, the Sisters can't track electromagnetic flows on their own, so they have to rely on the goggles to visualize them.
OK, but now I'm having a mental block about the importance of said flows.
Old 2009-01-05, 18:47   Link #50
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Well, just a question but what ARE vectors, really? I hope this anime doesn't exactly mean literal vectors that are analyzed in Physics...
Old 2009-01-05, 18:56   Link #51
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Well, just a question but what ARE vectors, really? I hope this anime doesn't exactly mean literal vectors that are analyzed in Physics...
Websters gets it in one this time

1 a: a quantity that has magnitude and direction and that is commonly represented by a directed line segment whose length represents the magnitude and whose orientation in space represents the direction ; broadly : an element of a vector space b: a course or compass direction especially of an airplane

So basically he can redirect anything, changing their physics to suit his needs.
Old 2009-01-07, 07:38   Link #52
MartianMage

Anyone know how many episodes this series will be?
Old 2009-01-07, 09:21   Link #53
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Anyone know how many episodes this series will be?
Look up, say, 11 posts above yours.
Old 2009-01-07, 10:51   Link #54
MartianMage

Quote:
Look up, say, 11 posts above yours.
I'm having serious problems with my internet connection so I didn't check all the pages. I just used quick reply on page 1. Thanks for the response though.
Old 2009-01-07, 22:32   Link #55
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
OK, but now I'm having a mental block about the importance of said flows.
If you can not see it/feel it you can not direct it, the goggles amplify their awareness of the energy flow allowing them to manifest concentrationed energy.

------
Crazy thought
If his power cancels out others then the moment on objects that are tossed by "abilities" could be canceled as well?

Altho I think its pretty clear his power are non direct and touch based meaning energy is easy enough to cancel out, direct physical attacks can be canceled out, mental attacks could be canceled out(if he touches his head and that's for active illusory type stuff, permentate brain washing dose not seem to count LOL).

Secondary effect stuff seem to be out of his league which makes the accelerator his perfect nemesis.

I wonder is his ability grows any or will he be a one trick character...altho...if he got any more powerful it would not be as fun. :X

Last edited by ZippyDSM; 2009-01-08 at 02:02.
Old 2009-01-18, 00:19   Link #56
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i have a weird question, level 0 means that he/she is neither a migician or psychic, rite. (I think that i remember one ep stating that psychics are born with powers, while migicians are born with no powers, but obtain it afterward). If equal power migician and psychic have a kid, what are the chances of he/she be a level 0 too?
People are not born with psychic powers; such powers are acquired by undergoing the Academy City's brain enhancement program, which then supposedly prevents that person from using magic from then on.
Old 2009-01-18, 02:39   Link #57
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
In episode 14, Accel mentioned that the maximum level potential stops at lv 5. If the difference in power is supposedly vastly superior to Mikoto's why didn't they make a lv 6 to compensate? I guess the real question I'm asking is what classifies a person to be level 5 what possibly is needed to reach the level 6?
Old 2009-01-18, 05:10   Link #58
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
People are not born with psychic powers; such powers are acquired by undergoing the Academy City's brain enhancement program, which then supposedly prevents that person from using magic from then on.
Then explain Mikoto and Accelerator.

Mikoto had her powers since she was a child so i highly doubt a group of scientist "gave" her powers.

Accelerator albinism's is the result of his powers blocking all ultraviolet radiation which in turn prevents his skin from manufacturing melanin. Clearly he had his powers since the day he was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
In episode 14, Accel mentioned that the maximum level potential stops at lv 5. If the difference in power is supposedly vastly superior to Mikoto's why didn't they make a lv 6 to compensate? I guess the real question I'm asking is what classifies a person to be level 5 what possibly is needed to reach the level 6?
The thing is with lv 6 is that it takes too long to get there. According to Tree Diagram, the super computer, under the Academy's power program, it would take 200 years! So the computer choose an alternative to get there faster, killing many psychics which in Accelerator's case was the Sister clones.
Old 2009-01-18, 06:59   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Then explain Mikoto and Accelerator.

Mikoto had her powers since she was a child so i highly doubt a group of scientist "gave" her powers.

Accelerator albinism's is the result of his powers blocking all ultraviolet radiation which in turn prevents his skin from manufacturing melanin. Clearly he had his powers since the day he was born.
Ask the author. We are just going by what the author told us.
Maybe Mikoto and Accel was in the city since they were children or something.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-01-18, 07:03   Link #60
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
If Mikoto had her powers even as she was being born, I'd hate to be the woman giving birth to her. I mean, I know childbirth is already a painful experience, but childbirth when the child is electrified would be far worse.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a