AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-11, 08:53   Link #1821
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I find all this personal animosity vs. Megumi a bit unbecoming, to be honest. I criticise Ranka more than most, but Megumi herself seems to be a nice person and doesn´t deserve to be excoriated such.
*sigh* Unfortunately, every time I see/hear Nakajima, all I can think of is Ranka, really. I can't help it, I tried and tried to separate them but I just couldn't. So yes, that's how it is. DX
Old 2009-07-11, 08:59   Link #1822
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
For her benefit, I still think she's pretty, and I still think that her voice has a lot of potential because of its nice bell tone. But she's no Charice Pempengco
As I said, she has a good voice. She wouldn't be in MacF if she didn't (just don't find me raving about her like everyone else, esp. my fellow countrymen ). And in terms of looks, Megumi beats May'n there (just wish that she'd try out more sophisticated outfits once in a while instead of the overly cute lolita).

And, hoo boy, Charice Pempengco is a hella lot different story. That voice! *q*
Old 2009-07-11, 09:04   Link #1823
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
*sigh* Unfortunately, every time I see/hear Nakajima, all I can think of is Ranka, really. I can't help it, I tried and tried to separate them but I just couldn't. So yes, that's how it is. DX
Seriously she's not doing anything to dispel this, I can see her in 5 years time complaining about being typecast... yet you have to release a megpoid with a ripoff ranka design? lol
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 09:07   Link #1824
mike_s_6

7/7 concert VS Recorded version

http://www.box.net/shared/qzr2smxicx

Give it a listen, especially the refrain, and notice how flat the recorded version is. Quite frankly, I think people's hate of Megumi is just because her current image "projects" Ranka. I don't think there is a need to bash her personally for it, she sounds like a sweet girl who's just agreeing to wear those ridiculous outfits and dances because she's in that phase where she wants to please the fans.

...but of course if she delivers a song badly, don't expect me to say anything good :P

EDIT: Just listen to "zutto soba ni ita" part, the recorded version is... eeeew... *cringe*
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 09:13   Link #1825
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Hmm...I can actually feel the emotion to that song. Really an improvement. XD
Old 2009-07-11, 09:18   Link #1826
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Really an improvement. XD
Really I demand them to re-record the song, because I think this is the best-written Ranka song but the vocals is...
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 10:04   Link #1827
BanishingBook

Heaves a sigh. Not another one of those - I can't separate Megu from Ranka, or vice versa and vice versa ; _ ;

Ergh man. Just ergh. @mike_s_6 thanks for the link I'm listening to it right now.

EDIT: nvm
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 10:07   Link #1828
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Actually I'm also from the Philippines, and I was also one of the first people who kept bashing her singing. Her 7/7 live version of Voices though IMO was pretty good. Ao no Ether in the same concert was also in a deeper tone, and I have heard NO ONE who went to the concert give any bad review of her performance. Her recorded version of Ao no Ether made me very annoyed that I could hardly listen to it without thinking of how flat her voice was.

That given, the effect of Megumi's constant cutesy parade on me is actually numbing. Initially I choked on it, and even hated it, but now I feel as if that's just how her producers want her to be, so we should all let it be and not take it against her personally. Macross F is indeed a well-sold franchise, and if they intend to ride along with its popularity by making her evoke the "feel" of Ranka, then we can't do anything about it.

For her benefit, I still think she's pretty, and I still think that her voice has a lot of potential because of its nice bell tone. But she's no Charice Pempengco
That doesn't stop the whole facade from being just that, absolutely fake. Regardless of whose fault it is to human Ranka-fy her, the end result is a girl who doesn't match cutesy 2D dancing, 2D acting, and a closet that's just half baked >_> Nakajima is pretty, but there are far prettier singers, and she simply isn't cute and petite enough to pull off what she is doing now x_X;

I never went as far as to bash her voice. She's generic, I liked May'N's feat more, but I've never said that she was bad. I even had major freak outs about Dokkun-ings but that's more of a lyric fear not singing.

I didn't even dislike her until her post-frontier videos came out on YT >___>
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 10:12   Link #1829
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
Heaves a sigh. Not another one of those - I can't separate Megu from Ranka, or vice versa and vice versa ; _ ;

Ergh man. Just ergh. @mike_s_6 thanks for the link I'm listening to it right now.

EDIT: nvm
I'll give you an example. It's like separating love from lust. That's how impossible it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Seriously she's not doing anything to dispel this, I can see her in 5 years time complaining about being typecast... yet you have to release a megpoid with a ripoff ranka design? lol
THIS.
Old 2009-07-11, 10:13   Link #1830
BanishingBook

^- well ippus, there's always her youtube link to send your complaints about her Ranka-fying.

@forgottendiary: sure, but is that an fair comparison? I know I know, *BB's mind inserted with the usual argument about this and that blah blah.* It's uh overboard lol. Madness! And that's my job. lol
Old 2009-07-11, 10:15   Link #1831
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

^NakaMegu will just delete it, I've seen one or two comments deleted by her.

EDIT: Dammit. Charice gives me goosebumps. *A*
Old 2009-07-11, 10:19   Link #1832
BanishingBook

^- Charice Pempengco is too much hype for my tastes.

And this is offtopic! RAWR!

I still believe in Mamegu, whatever the case! lol
Old 2009-07-11, 10:19   Link #1833
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

@forgottendiary: sure, but is that an fair comparison? I know I know, *BB's mind inserted with the usual argument about this and that blah blah.* It's uh overboard lol. Madness! And that's my job. lol
Lol, honey, nothing is ever fair.

Or would you rather I go for a less eloquent version and say it's as hard as literally separating liquid mercury from a carpet...with your fingers?
Old 2009-07-11, 10:30   Link #1834
BanishingBook

^ - forgottendiary: Sure sure. And no I don't think you'll agree with what I'd have to say, if I'd concede to what you think about mercury and fingers.

Hehehe.
If Mamegu weren't cast as Ranka can anybody name any seiyuu or singer to replace her as singing voice? I don't think it'll pull off well.
Old 2009-07-11, 10:32   Link #1835
justavisitor

Megumi is still a fairly new songstress...

she looks pretty, I think she sings quite well...as for the dance...I would assume that the company thinks Megumi still needs Ranka's popularity so maybe that's why she would perform a Ranka dance once in a while

And since the movie date is approaching, I think Megumi's performance in the next couple of months will be related with Ranka anyway, and depends on how well Ranka will do in the movie...Megumi will be tied with Ranka for the near future

I think Megumi has potential to have a good singing career...only time will tell of course, but so far, I think she starts her career well
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 10:33   Link #1836
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Hehehe.
If Mamegu weren't cast as Ranka can anybody name any seiyuu or singer to replace her as singing voice? I don't think it'll pull off well.
Irrelevant since Kanno would tailor the songs to suit whoever was casted as Ranka.
Old 2009-07-11, 10:41   Link #1837
BanishingBook

^ - I reckon Shoji Kawamori would have the final word about the singer cast as well. I believe every piece of directing the music wouldn't mean it'll fall on Kanno's.

But if it so, and if Ranka were to have a singing voice from the seiyuu industry, no one can do it better than Megumi. Having to hire someone from elsewhere in Japan's music industry, I doubt it would be quality and it would sound exactly as "Ranka", associations and all.
Old 2009-07-11, 10:45   Link #1838
Westlo
Lets be reality

You're only saying that because you can't picture anyone else as Ranka, Megumi's range is limited to pretty much just placid jpop songs and ballads. That's why you see May'n cover stuff like Aquarion's OP and provide the real power in the Lion duet since Megumi doesn't have the vocal power to do stuff like that. I really don't see anything Megumi does that is special, same with May'n.. but May'n definately has more range than Megumi. What can Megumi do as Ranka that Akino (Aquarion) couldn't do?
Old 2009-07-11, 10:47   Link #1839
justavisitor

wait, I thought Megumi won the role to voice Ranka Lee?? They wanted to save that seiyu position for the young ppl to compete and Megumi won it...That's one of the selling points for the macross frontier and Megumi is the best from that competition

Edit: Of course, if they want to use an experienced seiyu, that seiyu may voice Ranka better, who knows XD...but they wanted to set a competition, Megumi won and I think she did the job quite well
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 10:50   Link #1840
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

So many people here have excoriated Ranka. Then they excoriated the Ranka fans for liking Ranka. Then they excoriated Kawamori for liking Ranka. Now they're excoriating Megumi for voicing her. What's next? Risa Ebata, for designing her? Hiroyuki Yoshino, for writing her dialogue?

I know everyone has their likes and dislikes, but it can only go so far before it seems...unbalanced.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music