AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 12 22.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 13.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 24.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 18.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-30, 15:07   Link #161
CheezeRaider

all I gotta say is VC anime suxors when it comes to tactics.... nothing like the game version.
Old 2009-08-30, 15:45   Link #162
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I agree, I stated in the last ep thread that it was just too overpowerd. I'd rather see a Valkyria retain super natural speed, awesome blocking defense and funky glow with red eyes. Give them a sword/lance and they could cut thu a squad (Matrix style anyone ?). But come on, shooting plasma beams is just silly and Overpowered for a ww2 era.

But if thats how it is in the game, I guess nothing can really be done.
I don't see how that is only overpowered for WW2 era, I'd think its way too overpowered for just about any era (its like somebody jacked a robe from My-Otome and gave it to Sel). Although in the game, it didn't exactly have the sweeping-beam-of-death effect, but on the flip side, Valks also did not have what appears to be a timer.

During several missions in the game, you actually had to perform an orderly retreat in order to escape Sel's fully awakened state. In another mission, the only thing you can hope to do is to slow her advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezeRaider View Post
all I gotta say is VC anime suxors when it comes to tactics.... nothing like the game version.
Tactics? Are you sure we had any to even cry foul on?

Here, the anime would completely skip the part where Welkin desperately directed his forces to retreat. This episode meshes several missions into one, and the end result was a rushed, underwhelming scene.

Gallian Chronicles is a strategy game with a good drama, but its primary focus is not a love story or interpersonal conflict. I was expecting the worst when the very first episode aired, where I noticed a huge difference in the portrayal of Alicia's character as to her game counterpart, and unfortunately, I was right.

Nevermind that making her moe and giving her short-short skirts did not help.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-30 at 16:04.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:11   Link #163
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Well there's no tactic whatsoever, but at least in the anime they have rapid firing tank howitzers. Did you see that rate of fire? The tanks look like early WW2 designs, but they can fire faster than modern MBTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Nevermind that making her moe and giving her short-short skirts did not help.
Well to be honest there was Zettai Ryouiki in the game too, although limited to Alicia, Rosie and Isara.
But again, looking at the average animes out there you'd think miniskirts are a part of every military uniforms.

I can see how people find the introduction of magical girls of mass destruction kinda upsets the mood of the show. Personally I don't mind, it's not like a bit of more disappointment will change anything ^^
Selveria is overpowered in the game too, but not unmanageable.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:20   Link #164
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Well to be honest there was Zettai Ryouiki in the game too, although limited to Alicia, Rosie and Isara.
Yeah, except comparing:

Spoiler for this:

You will notice that her absolute-terror-field is just that absolute.

And more practical looking than her anime counterpart.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-30, 22:14   Link #165
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I agree, I stated in the last ep thread that it was just too overpowerd. I'd rather see a Valkyria retain super natural speed, awesome blocking defense and funky glow with red eyes. Give them a sword/lance and they could cut thu a squad (Matrix style anyone ?). But come on, shooting plasma beams is just silly and Overpowered for a ww2 era.
Yah it reminded me of this
Spoiler for this:

Just wasn't fun to watch.

The whole Alicia sleeping walking and kicking arse was pretty dumb to me as well.
I can see this stuff working in a video game but not too well in an anime.

Anyways 2/5 Fabios for the ep.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-08-30 at 23:54.
Old 2009-08-31, 07:12   Link #166
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
That star-rating is awesome. LOL

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-09-11, 22:08   Link #167
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
That star-rating is awesome. LOL
QFT xD

And finally, FINALLY when Ramal started to become likeable (well he was likeable when he snapped out of being gay for Faldio/Fabio and started liking Isara) he gets Starlight Breaker'd lolol -__-
Old 2010-07-03, 08:32   Link #168
kitten320

I can understand Faldio's actions at one point... he is in shock, all his dear team members had died right before his eyes and all. In state of shock it is quiet common thing to try to shoot someone.

But his action now, after he came back to his sense are kinda wrong... he is basicly forcing Alicia to figt! I understand that she is their last hope but still, could he do it in a bit better way?