AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-02, 15:39   Link #421
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Well, it's not impossible that I'd have it updated late tomorrow night, but I'd say Tuesday is more likely.
Just read Chapter 1. A few observations. Spoiler space proceeding for those who haven't read it yet...

Spoiler for A Three R Review!:

Quote:
Edit: Went back and tightened up some grammatical and word-choice errors, but on the whole don't feel inclined to change much. I'm rather happy with this first chapter. The second will probably catch most of your by surprise, I think.
Most definitely...
Old 2009-11-04, 13:57   Link #422
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for A Three R Review!:
Spoiler for Reader Review Response:

UPDATE: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...24#post2749124 The finalized Episode 2. Enjoy.
Old 2009-11-04, 15:45   Link #423
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Posting here so you don't have to delete another post. Will probably edit this with a review later.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-11-04, 15:53   Link #424
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
I again love your writing style and your characterization, but I have to admit that

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-04, 16:41   Link #425
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Guess I don't have to edit, huh?

Loved your jab at a certain shonen series, and the ending was rather amusing.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-11-04, 16:51   Link #426
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just read Chapter 2. A few observations. Spoiler space proceeding for those who haven't read it yet...

Spoiler for Frantic Fanfic Feedback:
Old 2009-11-04, 20:34   Link #427
Tabasco

Not much to add to the above, but I will say I think you nailed this one.
Old 2009-11-05, 07:45   Link #428
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I've FINALLY updated! Let me know what you guys think. It's a pretty important chapter.
Old 2009-11-05, 08:40   Link #429
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
I've FINALLY updated! Let me know what you guys think. It's a pretty important chapter.
I can't find your fic on fanfiction.net, could you direct link to it?
Old 2009-11-05, 11:15   Link #430
Tabasco

Its up now. My thoughts are in my review, but in short it was worth the wait.
Old 2009-11-05, 13:56   Link #431
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
I was halfway with reading and found this:
Spoiler for :
There are a lot of other spelling/grammar issues as well, it would read a lot better if fixed.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

Last edited by Joe4evr; 2009-11-05 at 15:07.
Old 2009-11-05, 17:45   Link #432
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Oops, this is what I get for proof-reading at five in the morning.

I'll have to look it over again later. I'm glad people are enjoying it, though.
Old 2009-11-06, 02:18   Link #433
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Dude man.

Great work.

Impressed by your great dedication.

Awesome stuff man. Awesome stuff.
Old 2009-11-06, 03:27   Link #434
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Thank you. It was a tough chapter to write, but totally worth it. Now I have to think about contacting James Randi himself. I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but I'll try nevertheless.

Someone told me that writing about a non-fictional person violate fanfiction.net's ToS agreement. I went and looked at it and didn't see anything that looked like that. I'd been under the assumption that as long as I'm not using the fic for commercial reason, that it was okay.

In any case, if I had contacted Randi and he told me he didn't want to have his character portrayed in the fic, I would respectfully make sure he wasn't in it (and likely change all references to his character in previous chapter). I do respect the man greatly, and I would respect his wishes, even if there's no legal reason to do so.
Old 2009-11-06, 10:40   Link #435
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

You could not write the actual meeting and refer to that in dialogue that happens later.
Old 2009-11-07, 06:40   Link #436
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Thank you. It was a tough chapter to write, but totally worth it. Now I have to think about contacting James Randi himself. I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but I'll try nevertheless.

Someone told me that writing about a non-fictional person violate fanfiction.net's ToS agreement. I went and looked at it and didn't see anything that looked like that. I'd been under the assumption that as long as I'm not using the fic for commercial reason, that it was okay.

In any case, if I had contacted Randi and he told me he didn't want to have his character portrayed in the fic, I would respectfully make sure he wasn't in it (and likely change all references to his character in previous chapter). I do respect the man greatly, and I would respect his wishes, even if there's no legal reason to do so.
Dude...your work is just...inspiring. That's all I really need to say. It's simply...exquisite. (And you shall get my full review soon)

With non-fictional people and fics, I think only a certain list of real people can not be used or their properties. It mostly detains to rock stars and famous authors, so I think you'll be fine.
Old 2009-11-07, 16:20   Link #437
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Dude...your work is just...inspiring. That's all I really need to say. It's simply...exquisite. (And you shall get my full review soon)

With non-fictional people and fics, I think only a certain list of real people can not be used or their properties. It mostly detains to rock stars and famous authors, so I think you'll be fine.
Thank you very much. And thanks for the advice. And BTW, do you know if Kerose has read it, too? I wanted to know his opinion on the chapter as well.
Old 2009-11-07, 16:40   Link #438
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Thank you very much. And thanks for the advice. And BTW, do you know if Kerose has read it, too? I wanted to know his opinion on the chapter as well.
Oh no worries, I'll get him to read it.

By the way, some of the reviews you are getting are funny. Some people didn't know that James Randi really existed. XD That does make me wonder though, do you have a time limit where you will wait for him to respond and if he doesn't...you'll post the chapter?
Old 2009-11-07, 17:30   Link #439
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

If I can't contact him, I'll simply do what I can to get his character right. I'll go and watch a few videos on his youtube channel where he's done some speeches and try my best. I'd prefer if that didn't happen, but I'm prepared if I have to.

*edit* Oh, and yes, I was quite surprised that people thought he was fictional.
Old 2009-11-07, 18:54   Link #440
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...46#post2755246

Haru, Chapter 3. I finally put in some of those fashion descriptions I mentioned, and this chapter's a bit longer than the previous two, but I'm still trying to keep it all relatively compact. The general idea is to keep the story moving in digestible bits that each have a proper arc and a value all their own, which is why each episode ends on kind of "Oh hey, we learned something, but wait, what's that shiny new thing?" note.

Last edited by Ricky Controversy; 2009-11-07 at 19:37.
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction