AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 25 35.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 19.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-24, 23:32   Link #21
Dahak86
Classics never age

another good ep.
as usual, I loved the little KurokoxMikoto moments, as well as the StiylxKomoe ones... lolz

nice fight near the end. poor Stiyl, that kick must hurt...
btw, watching Oriana fight is always such a pleasure...

and, WAT THE...?! => Oriana: "you can't make me come if you're distracted" -- did I get this right?

anyways, GIFs =>
Old 2010-12-24, 23:47   Link #22
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I thought this episode was a pretty good one compared to the last few. I'm a bit sad that they cut the Kami-yan disease part out, but I'm happy they included Last Order's line in the crowd. The animation is much much better as well, especially the prelude to the big fight with Oriana. I'm disappointed that they didn't include all of Touma's epic "WTF I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE RCC OR THIS STUPID CROSS JUST STOP SCREWING WITH DAIHASEISAI" speech, though.

Explanation of conditions behind the Cross:
Spoiler for volume 10 parabolic antenna:

Stiyl and Komoe:

Some more background info on constellations:

Explanation of conditions behind the Cross part 2:

The Kami-yan disease (why the hell did JC Staff cut this out?!):

Prelude to the Oriana showdown:
Spoiler for volume 10 light of a night sky:
Old 2010-12-24, 23:55   Link #23
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
and, WAT THE...?! => Oriana: "you can't make me come if you're distracted" -- did I get this right?

anyways, GIFs =>
Yes you read that right, though however you're reading into it is a different story I bet lol. Nice gifs too

"Mikoto-chan, I didn't know you swung that way." - Lol. Then after that with Mikoto shaking Kuroko and Kuroko with her "ahh's,uhh's & ohh's" were simply hilarious.

Anyway great episode, now to patiently wait the 2 weeks for ep 13. Oh and the BGM during the ep was awesome as well.
Old 2010-12-25, 01:32   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

And so, the arc........... continues............ again............... And on top of it, a break next week?
..........Hah... Disappointed.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 05:16   Link #25
Minagi Mikoto

Perfect 10/10!

But the main battle is just ahead! I wanted Kanzaki to appear though!

Kuroko wants Mikoto's mom as well?!! The Hell?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
- I'm looking forward for that OST, the music when Oriana was talking with Lidvia caught my attention, it was a cello, right?
This music was first used at episode 3 when Tatemiya was talking about how they crushed Kanazaki's way of life and such. The music from this series is really GREAT!
Spoiler for Offtopic:
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 07:08   Link #26
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Spoiler for Duh duh duuuhhh:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-12-25 at 07:33.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 11:14   Link #27
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That Gregorian chant sounding BGM.......must get.....

Seems they stuck Peter's Cross in the wrong way though....
Old 2010-12-25, 11:51   Link #28
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

finally saw eng sub

+BGM
+better animation, no complaints
+nice ep preview.

10/10

EDIT: Merry christmas, got new skullcandy headphones. Just rockin that shit. XD XD XD XD
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 16:08   Link #29
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I really loved the scene of the father.
Touma's family is really nice.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 18:26   Link #30
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

9/10, this episode is sparking interest in the next episode so much, that its probably going to get the fans to be impatient about what happens.

But BGM was indeed exquisite in this episode, wish I knew what to look up for them : / the animation, I have no complaints. But really don't know what else to say, just waiting for the next episode to finally bring out thoughts.
Old 2010-12-25, 23:12   Link #31
klare

Kuroko is so greedy...

looks like the "punch in the face and end it all" only get to be in the next eps
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 06:55   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm, so the last time St Peter's Cross was activated, Vatican City was created... Which would imply that the area of effect would be roughly size the city? If so, how big is Vatican City anyway?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 07:36   Link #33
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm, so the last time St Peter's Cross was activated, Vatican City was created... Which would imply that the area of effect would be roughly size the city? If so, how big is Vatican City anyway?
Real-world statistics (if it is implied the series follows that): 0.44 square kilometers (0.17 square miles).

... Nah, that would however imply that Croce di Pietro's area of effect is smaller than the entirety of Academy City, which would make the whole point of Lidvia's plot useless.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 07:40   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Real-world statistics (if it is implied the series follows that): 0.44 square kilometers (0.17 square miles).

... Nah, that would however imply that Croce di Pietro's area of effect is smaller than the entirety of Academy City, which would make the whole point of Lidvia's plot useless.
That's alot smaller that I've thought- Wait, is this base on the modern Vatican City or the past? I recall that they used to be bigger in the past...
Old 2010-12-26, 08:31   Link #35
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post

errr....it could be the effect was actually converting Rome to Catholicism and the Vatican's founding was just a side effect.
Old 2010-12-26, 10:05   Link #36
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

i dont think it mentions the area of affect for st. peters cross. It could be larger if it want, probably. Geez wish i never fell asleep in AP Euro history
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 10:08   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
i dont think it mentions the area of affect for st. peters cross. It could be larger if it want, probably.
Quite unlikely, even if that's the case there should still be a range limit. Orsola mentioned that different areas require different constellations? So it's a matter of where one area ends and another begins...
Old 2010-12-26, 20:20   Link #38
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Very good ep. Really liked they scene where Kuroko loses it when she sees Mikoto's mom
Oriana and that other depraved woman go on with their wicked plan, but Touma and Co. appear just in time. Touma gives one of his speeches, then we get a nasty cliffhanger and have to wait two weeks now

Geez, where's Accelerator when you need him? Other than Araki, Oriana and that other women are really messed-up enough that they would require a serious and thorough beating, but he's nowhere to be seen
Just Touma, and his last punch to Oriana was simply pathetic. I hope he at least puts some effort into it next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
another good ep.
as usual, I loved the little KurokoxMikoto moments, as well as the StiylxKomoe ones... lolz

http://sadpanda.us/images/321315-2ACP7RT.gif
http://sadpanda.us/images/321317-XPJ49Z8.gif <= (she wasn't joking when she said she wanted to thank him...)
That reminds me of this

Old 2010-12-26, 20:50   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Geez, where's Accelerator when you need him? Other than Araki, Oriana and that other women are really messed-up enough that they would require a serious and thorough beating, but he's nowhere to be seen
I'm surprised that people don't bring this up... Or maybe the anime didn't make this clear. But the St Peter's Cross does not only protect Christians, it also protects non-christians. Yes in the end it would mostly benefit the Church, but in the mean time everyone would be happy because nothing bad would happen to them, or rather bad things would still happen, but everything would turn out good from them.

If you gamble and lose money, in the long run you'll still win money. If a bomb goes off in a building, there will be nobody injured.
Old 2010-12-26, 20:55   Link #40
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm surprised that people don't bring this up... Or maybe the anime didn't make this clear. But the St Peter's Cross does not only protect Christians, it also protects non-christians. Yes in the end it would mostly benefit the Church, but in the mean time everyone would be happy because nothing bad would happen to them, or rather bad things would still happen, but everything would turn out good from them.

If you gamble and lose money, in the long run you'll still win money. If a bomb goes off in a building, there will be nobody injured.
So in the end the use of the cross would be beneficial for the city, and it could also speed-up the development of technology...
Sad that the use of it cannot be allowed, because the control of the city would go into the Roman Church's hands.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote