AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-28, 17:07   Link #981
careph

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I haven't gone into it as thoughtfully as you guys have, but I wrote a short review of the series and would be glad if you left some comments. I can only say that it is one of the best anime series of the past year, and I won't waver on that statement.
An interesting metaphorical review, quite refreshingly different from the rating-driven write-ups I'm unfortunately used to.

And while I disagree with a few things in there, I have to agree that it was one of the most "realistic" feeling anime I've seen lately, barring the demon and exorcist stuff (which could've been omitted for all I care).

Last edited by careph; 2009-01-28 at 17:23.
careph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 01:16   Link #982
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

New character song is out its a duet with yomi and kagura.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 20:15   Link #983
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
New character song is out its a duet with yomi and kagura.
I've heard it and it's kicking ass.
Old 2009-02-05, 02:42   Link #984
OpenDoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I've heard it and it's kicking ass.
got a youtube link? =)

(or is this not allowed? I will edit ithe request out if it isnt allowed)
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 02:45   Link #985
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenDoors View Post
got a youtube link? =)

(or is this not allowed? I will edit ithe request out if it isnt allowed)

Found one for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byGYDnVlhP4
Old 2009-02-05, 11:25   Link #986
Astrid Widjaja
Anime 4eva
*Artist

I'm a bit confuse
As I know
in the Anime, Kagura has already kill Yomi
but
in the manga, Kagura fight against Yomi once more?!
Astrid Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 11:32   Link #987
Nosauz

yes, the anime is a prequel to Ga-rei, After she kills yomi, yomi is ressurected by the shousheki, which makes her one of the evil spirits that Kagura initially has been cleansing, er shes now an undead spirit. Kagura continues to cleanse these unholy things, my comments sounds a bit confusing so just trying to clarify
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 08:00   Link #988
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
so is Ga-Rei Zero the "canon" prequel to Ga-Rei? Or was it adapted from something else? Are they consistent with each other?

I just recently finished the anime (10 minutes ago). I sincerely hoped that Noriyuki would have done more, but in the end, he couldn't do anything (pretty realistic imho).

By the way, is the manga consistent with the general "feel" of the anime? I liked the anime, I was wondering if liking the anime would probably mean that I'd like the manga?
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 16:13   Link #989
SageGaiGar
You are Next

The manga feels more like a standard shounen supernatural action style at the start. Does seem to pick up steam as it goes.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 10:07   Link #990
Astrid Widjaja
Anime 4eva
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
yes, the anime is a prequel to Ga-rei, After she kills yomi, yomi is ressurected by the shousheki, which makes her one of the evil spirits that Kagura initially has been cleansing, er shes now an undead spirit. Kagura continues to cleanse these unholy things, my comments sounds a bit confusing so just trying to clarify
hi there
thanks for the explanation
now I'm clear about Yomi's death
lol
once again thanks
Astrid Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 13:00   Link #991
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
so is Ga-Rei Zero the "canon" prequel to Ga-Rei? Or was it adapted from something else? Are they consistent with each other?

I just recently finished the anime (10 minutes ago). I sincerely hoped that Noriyuki would have done more, but in the end, he couldn't do anything (pretty realistic imho).

By the way, is the manga consistent with the general "feel" of the anime? I liked the anime, I was wondering if liking the anime would probably mean that I'd like the manga?
Spoiler for manga:
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 14:43   Link #992
careph

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
Some flashback details in the manga contradict the story of the anime and the anime producers took some liberties but I think Zero can still be regarded as a prequel. Having said that, the manga itself is utterly inconsistent.

Quote:
Well, he could've done a lot more, and then again he couldn't. Depends on how you look at it

Quote:
The manga has its dark moments as well, but it’s lighter and more comedy-oriented overall.
Sympathising with the characters in the anime will certainly aid in getting into the manga, but you better shouldn’t expect the anime’s depth or seriousness. A direct comparison would only result in disappointment.
Old 2009-02-24, 21:42   Link #993
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

New character song it's a duet between Ayame and Kiri (weerchair lady and her assistant)
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 22:53   Link #994
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
And it kicks ass more than the first one.
Haven't heard good instrumental versions for a while.
Old 2009-03-04, 09:25   Link #995
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally squeezed enough time to watch all 12 episodes within the past few weeks. But that was before I forced myself to finish the Yomi arc in the manga first, because that's what people recommend I do.

Ga-Rei Zero is one of those instances where the anime adaptation is superior to its source material. Granted, Zero IS an original story independent of the manga, or rather a prequel, but what an emotional journey, to watch a very likable girl like Yomi fall so sadly to the dark side, as well as explaining how everyone got to where they are now.

(I expected everyone who didn't appear in the manga to die, but am pleasantly surprised that Ayame and Kiri-chan survived. Though Kiri-chan's mental age has regressed to that of a cute loli. That said, it might just leave room for these two to make an appearance some time in the ongoing manga. )

If this is a repeated cliche, then forgive me for saying it yet again: It's like watching the Star Wars prequels where things come full circle in the final scene, but much, much better. I'm now doing my best to restrain myself from comparing Yomi to a certain pathetic Sith Lord, because Yomi is just so much cooler than him.

Of course, who could forget that absolutely insane cop-out first episode, where the supposed "main cast" all got killed off? Actually I knew they were going to be killed off before watching the first episode, but the last few minutes when Yomi came in still shocked me. At first I got put off by the guro seen from screenshots of that infamous episode, but how mistaken I was to let this deter me from watching this.

What got my curiosity back to want to watch this series was actually the stunning OP Paradise Lost by Chihara Minori, which I heard while window shopping in Akihabara.

And of course, you can now hear Nagato Yuki sing it as well. (Seiyuu joke: Kagura = Nagato)

The ED Yume no Ashioto ga Kikoeru sung by Mizuhara Kaori (Yomi), was pretty much a eulogy for Yomi herself. Before Ga-Rei, I only know Mizuhara as the spunky Misao from Lucky Star (she also reunites with three other Lucky Star cast: Chihara Minori (Minami), Aizawa Mai (Ayano) and Shiraishi Minoru), and she's amazed me with her playing the complex role of Yomi.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 14:59   Link #996
careph

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Along these lines? Heh, somehow fits.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:10   Link #997
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by careph View Post
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Along these lines? Heh, somehow fits.
Suffering leads to salvation!
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 13:13   Link #998
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Anyone know how well the DVDs are doing? (how many bought). Like what's the probable height/popularity it needs in order for there even to be a "thought" of having a second season?

plus i feel if they do do a second season/announce it, they'd have to stray away from the manga a bit
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 18:21   Link #999
Nosauz

I dunno second season of the anime, is just too shounen to even really be considered a real sequel. Other than being related in characters, I mean its like inu yasha, except with sousheki. Not that it would be bad, but I think the demographic for the anime prequel and the manga a bit too different.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 18:31   Link #1000
SageGaiGar
You are Next

A restyling would be nice if they consider doing a sequel. Maybe focusing on Kagura would be better?
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen