Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 19:32   Link #1041
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
More pics...

Another NSFW photo:

Spoiler for Photo of the protagonists (well, one later to be antagonist and protagonist):

Another photo dedicated to Section 4.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 16:06   Link #1042
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ga-rei Zero The Live commercials

The site's streaming them on the net. 5/3's a coming, folks.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-04-17, 23:52   Link #1043
dojikyo

Late to the party on this. I really enjoyed the first two and episodes, I just wished they didn't spend so much time doing the back story before concluding it. If they trimmed one or two flashback episodeds, they could have resolved the whole butterfly villain.

Not to mention the villain just seems too strong for anyone, except for Noriyuki, who might be able match butterflies with ferrets.

What is coming May 3rd?
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 06:21   Link #1044
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Some live show with some seiyus as guests. No further details yet.

Old 2009-04-20, 20:13   Link #1045
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

So...is there any news of them doing some ovas or (HOPEFULLY THIS IS WHAT I WANT->) a SECOND SEASON :O!!!!!!
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 20:23   Link #1046
Nosauz

really? the fanbase of ga rei zero will not really like ga rei. One is targeted at the guro yuri loving otaku while the latter is more generic shounen, and in reality the manga story just doesn't match the tone of zero, which is why I question them doing zero first and not the shounen first.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 21:20   Link #1047
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So...is there any news of them doing some ovas or (HOPEFULLY THIS IS WHAT I WANT->) a SECOND SEASON :O!!!!!!
No. The live show's the only thing the Ga-rei creators have announced. May 3, 2009 in Shibuya.

Old 2009-04-21, 00:01   Link #1048
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Gave a shot at the radio show (Latest one after the show ended) despite my semi-limited Japanese.

Seems like the people who mailed fan letters to Kaoru, Minoru and Minori are cosplaying Yomi. Pretty interesting.

Old 2009-04-22, 09:32   Link #1049
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Here's a Natsuki-based motivational poster for you Tokusen 4 fans.

Old 2009-04-22, 17:04   Link #1050
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
really? the fanbase of ga rei zero will not really like ga rei. One is targeted at the guro yuri loving otaku while the latter is more generic shounen, and in reality the manga story just doesn't match the tone of zero, which is why I question them doing zero first and not the shounen first.
That about sums it up for me...I tried picking up the manga after watching and enjoying the anime and just...gah...no sorry dropped it after about 10ish chapters. Couldn't stand the stupidity of it whatsoever...My hats off to the anime crew for creating something entertaining out of that generic drek.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 18:44   Link #1051
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
I don't agree at all. Let me put it to you this way.

I HATE (with a passion here) completely overblown melancholic stories, whose only purpose (in my mind)is to sting the viewer/reader as hard as it can with sobering pain with the cover of trying to delve into the human consciousness, explore the dark parts of society, blah, blah, blah (now I may be overreacting a bit, but this sounds like 70-80% of people who howl over shounen)....
But I can appreciate a story for what it is, but then again, I'm the type that goes for pretty much anything, and I take it from there.

The point is that a story can be good or bad whether its seinen or shounen. There are cliches in both. What matters is how the story is handled. "Typical shouenen fare" is a very wide brush you guys are using. It would help others to be more specific.

There would be NO Ga-Rei Zero without Ga-Rei, and I ask both anime watchers and manga readers to check out both and see where you fare from there. And to the posters here, let anyone coming in decide for themselves (though I know they will, a wave of bad reviews on the manga can influence others). The only thing cliche here is the 'typical shounen' spiel.

And if you make an argument about wasting your precious time, well, you're not really doing anything constructive with it, are you?
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 08:50   Link #1052
Kino karutta-chan
Watashi no taisetsuna??

Send a message via ICQ to Kino karutta-chan
It's so great, that Yomi is back in the manga ._.
You know, the only reason, why I am reading the manga is Yomi..
Kino karutta-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 02:15   Link #1053
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Upcoming ad for the live show. Just two days (from where I am, Vancouver). A day away for those living in Japan and such...

Old 2009-05-10, 06:01   Link #1054
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ga-rei Zero Japanese site said to watch out for something soon and check back.

Probably going to announce something related to the franchise.

Old 2009-05-10, 06:13   Link #1055
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Ga-rei Zero Japanese site said to watch out for something soon and check back.

Probably going to announce something related to the franchise.
I hope it's an actually soundtrack release.
Old 2009-05-10, 06:24   Link #1056
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Didn't they release one already?

Old 2009-05-10, 06:29   Link #1057
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Didn't they release one already?
They're being released with each limited edition release of the DVD's, i'm talking about an actually soundtrack release.
Old 2009-05-10, 06:32   Link #1058
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Oh. Okay.

So far, nothing yet.

I do want the Tokusen 4 people to have an OVA/spin-off series. They've got some backstory involved with the SDCD.

Old 2009-05-10, 06:42   Link #1059
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i wouldn't mind an OVA release. I guess that's the most possible release we'll see regarding this announcement.
Old 2009-05-10, 07:01   Link #1060
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yeah.

Well we can't discount other possibilities that the Ga-rei Zero team can announce.

Dammit! (Shakes fists at Ei Aoki!). Don't hide the announcement under the clout of secrecy!!

Tags
action, shounen